Hill's Prescription Diet Gastrointestinal Biome Chicken Flavor Dry Dog Food
- FREE access to chat with licensed vets 7 days a week.
- Save 5% on all future Autoship orders.
- No fees, no commitments - cancel Autoship anytime.
Frequently Bought Together
About This Item
- This prescription formula is designed to support the bacteria in your dog's gut.
- Utilizes Hill's ActivBiome Technology—a mixture of active fibers that may help improve regularity.
- Encourages the release of postbiotics to support the GI tract and help break down food.
- Works to promote regular, healthy stool and reduce the risk of future episodes.
- Formulated by Hill's trusted nutritionists and veterinarians.
Pet Lovers Also Bought
- Hill's Prescription Diet Metabolic Chicken Flavor Dry Dog Food, 27.5-lb bag$104.99Chewy Price$99.74Autoship Price
- Hill's Prescription Diet i/d Digestive Care Chicken Flavor Dry Dog Food, 27.5-lb bag$107.99Chewy Price$102.59Autoship Price
- Hill's Prescription Diet c/d Multicare Urinary Care Chicken Flavor Dry Dog Food, 27.5-lb bag$100.99Chewy Price$95.94Autoship Price
- Hill's Prescription Diet Derm Complete Dry Dog Food, 24-lb bag$115.99Chewy Price$110.19Autoship Price
- Hill's Prescription Diet k/d Kidney Care with Chicken Dry Dog Food, 27.5-lb bag$109.99Chewy Price$104.49Autoship Price
- Hill's Prescription Diet u/d Urinary Care Chicken Flavor Wet Dog Food, 13-oz, case of 12, bundle of 2$97.98Chewy Price$93.08Autoship Price
- Hill's Prescription Diet i/d Digestive Care Stress Chicken Flavor Dry Dog Food, 14.33-lb bag$87.99Chewy Price$83.59Autoship Price
- Hill's Prescription Diet u/d Urinary Care Original Flavor Dry Dog Food, 8.5-lb bag$44.99Chewy Price$42.74Autoship Price
- Hill's Prescription Diet c/d Multicare Urinary Care Chicken & Vegetable Stew Flavor Wet Dog Food, 12.5-oz, case of 12, bundle of 4$211.96Chewy Price$201.36Autoship Price
- Hill's Prescription Diet Metabolic Weight Management Chicken Flavor Canned Dog Food, 13-oz, case of 12, bundle of 2$101.98Chewy Price$96.88Autoship Price
- Purina Pro Plan Veterinary Diets UR Urinary Ox/St Dry Dog Food, 6-lb bag$35.99Chewy Price$34.19Autoship Price
- Purina Pro Plan Veterinary Diets UR Urinary Ox/St Wet Dog Food, 13.3-oz, case of 12, bundle of 2$97.98Chewy Price$93.08Autoship Price
Compare Similar Items
|Top Ingredients||Chicken, Cracked Pearled Barley, Brewers Rice...||Whole Grain Wheat, Whole Grain Corn, Chicken Meal...||New: Brewers Rice, Whole Grain Corn, Chicken Meal...||Brown Rice, Brewers Rice, Pork Fat...||Potatoes, Potato Starch, Duck...|
|Breed Size||Small Breeds, Medium Breeds, Large Breeds...||Small Breeds, Medium Breeds, Large Breeds...||Small Breeds, Medium Breeds, Large Breeds...||Small Breeds, Medium Breeds, Large Breeds...||Small Breeds, Medium Breeds, Large Breeds...|
|Special Diet||Pea-Free, Veterinary Diet, Sensitive Digestion, With Grain||Veterinary Diet, Weight Control, With Grain||Veterinary Diet, Sensitive Digestion, With Grain||Pea-Free, Veterinary Diet, With Grain||Grain-Free, Gluten Free, Pea-Free, Veterinary Diet, Chicken-Free|
|Food Flavor||Chicken, Poultry||Chicken, Poultry||Chicken, Poultry||Chicken, Poultry||Duck, Poultry|
|Health Feature||Digestive Health||Weight Management||Digestive Health||Kidney Care||Skin & Coat Health|
Questions & Answers
15 Customer Questions
ReviewsWrite a Review
417 Customer Reviews
Our pup, Lou, has been on too many foods to count. Being a Beagle, he loves to eat more than anything else! And sadly, every food (Wellness, Royal Canin, homemade dog food of chicken and rice, an all natural food, probiotic supplements…) gave him an upset stomach. He’s just 2 years old… and we had not slept through the night! We became concerned when he started losing weight. My vet suggested this… and what a miracle! He was immediately better!!! He’s now a healthy Beagle weight, loves his meals, and sleeps all night! Highly recommend!!!
Excellent for helping gut health!
My Dog Cooper is a 3.5 year old lab pit mix rescue. When I got him I kept him on the food the rescue was using. He had loose stool, which did not seem to improve. After consulting my vet we decided to change over to Hill's Prescription Diet Gastrointestinal Biome. Cooper has been on it for 3 weeks. The change has been wonderful! Normal stool is a great site. Now he will be able to go camping with us... Thank you so much for a fantastic product that helped my best friend.!
Finally, something is working!
We have had a rescue from Puerto Rico for about 18 months. He is happy and active, with good blood work and stool sample results. His poops have been soft and mushy- not diarrhea, but not like they should be. We tried changing foods, adding psyllium husk, probiotics, sweet potato, carrots, “perfect poop” supplements, etc., without success in getting a normal stool with our dog. A vet recommended this food, and in about a week after transitioning him to 75(SD)/25(previous food) ratio, he is having normal bowel movements! I will continue this ratio until we finish up the old food (a premium brand) and then either go to 100% Science Diet Presc. or resume 75/25 mix, depending on recommendation from vet.
Dry dog food
My little Havanese ate an unidentified yucky thing which resulted in bloody diarrhea. After many er and vet visits, my vet put him on Hill's Prescription dry dog food. I haven't seriously tried to switch since he likes it and it contains all of the nutrition he needs. For variety, I add a few little pieces of frozen veggies. He really enjoys them.
Chewy's Saved the Day!!!
I went to my vet's office to by more food on a Saturday afternoon 5/07 only to find out that they not only didn't have the food but that it was on b/o. I just about panicked. The vet's office recommended Chewy's and I found the food, the vet called in the prescription and the Chewy's customer service representative understood the urgency. I had the bag of food in hand on Mon 5/09!! Thank you Chewy's for your wonderful customer service, fast shipping and being so attentive to customer needs. My dog cannot eat any other food without stomach upset and I am eternally grateful for your service!!! Kudo's to Customer Service and all involved in order fulfillment!
Fixed giardia problems
This stuff is amazing. My puppy had giardia 3 times before he was 6 months old, and was constantly having soft stools at best. My vet prescribed him to go on this food and it cleared the soft stools and giardia within 2 days. My dog has been on this food ever since and has been pooping like a normal dog ever since. I love this stuff. It has been a life changer for myself picking up peanut butter stools (not anymore), to having Bo poo like a normal dog now. If your vet prescribed this food, get on it ASAP. It has been a life saver for me.
The results are amazing!
We had several months of gastrointestinal issues with Prince. We had blood work done and had him on medication. He was only able to eat the soft digestive food that the vet put him on initially. Any kibble was out of the question. The vet suggested this so we slowly transitioned him and the results have been a dream come true! He has had normal stool from Day 1. One thing to keep in mind- don't give too much of the soft food as a topper. We give him the kibble and a little bit of the soft food as a topper but when we first transitioned we tried going from soft food to soft food and that did not yield good results. We have now found the right balance and everyone is happy!
DID THE TRICK!
Vet recommended this food for my 7 year old female Labrador who had persistent soft serve poop. . . sometimes poop like cow pies! So much so that one of her anal glands ruptured. She has been on this food for almost 2 weeks and poops are absolutely better! Normal! My only concern is that she might gain weight on this food and she is at a good weight now but she had soft serve poops on the weight maintenance diets. I can't speak to whether you dog will eat this food. My Labrador will eat anything so that isn't an issue! I will continue with this food and take it a week at a time, however, Biome solved her issues!
I have been trying all different foods for my 1 year old. We had to take him to a specialist and she diagnosed him with boxer colitis. He just always had diarrhea. Finally he seems much better on this food but also on Baytrill an antibiotic that seems to work best for boxers with colitis. I will definitely always give Chewy my business. Also got his meds from their pharmacy.
Available, and quick delivery
While the pricing on this wasn't better than my vet, the availability mattered, and plus it saved me time from having to go get it. I've been buying from my vet mainly to support their practice but came to Chewy because my vet was having trouble getting the product for me. Buying from Chewy was easy, and the delivery was super fast and simple for me. Now that we're in the system, I'll keep using Chewy for sure.