Penn-Plax Turtle Topper Above Tank Basking Platform, 14-in
Frequently Bought Together
About This Item
- Provides a unique spot for turtles to bask on top of their tank
- Because the Turtle Topper sits on top, you can fill the tank completely so your turtle can enjoy swimming throughout the entire tank
- Made to support the weight of multiple or larger turtles without sinking, which helps keep them dry as they bask
- Two mounting rims are included to attach clamp lamps for optimal basking
- Fits most tanks up to 55 gallons
Pet Lovers Also Bought
- Zoo Med Cavern Kit Excavator Clay Burrowing Reptile Hideout$19.47Chewy Price
- Exo Terra Jungle Tree Reptile Terrarium Décor, Large$17.99Chewy Price
- Zoo Med Reptile Shelter 3 in 1 Cave, Small$15.33Chewy Price$24.99List Price
- Exo Terra Dinosaur Egg Fossil Reptile Terrarium Ornament$26.99Chewy Price$33.99List Price
- Zilla Vertical Decor Rock Cave$27.56Chewy Price$40.99List Price
- Penn-Plax Floating Turtle Pier Platform, Large$27.98Chewy Price$41.99List Price
- Zoo Med Congo Ivy Artificial Plant$8.99Chewy Price
- Komodo Large Saber Tooth Skull, Medium$9.61Chewy Price
- Fluker's Repta-Vines Reptile Terrarium Décor, 6-ft, Red Coleus$9.99Chewy Price$15.69List Price
- Zoo Med Premium Sand Blasted Grapevine Artificial Plant, X-Large$40.99Chewy Price
- Zilla Reptile Basking Platform Ramp, Large$20.70Chewy Price$26.99List Price
- Stroodies Gecko Hut Hide, Terracotta$9.00Chewy Price
Compare Similar Items
Questions & Answers
25 Customer Questions
ReviewsWrite a Review
151 Customer Reviews
turtle loves it
OUR twenty year old red slider loves new Penn-Plax Turtle Topper. Spends half his day in there. Took 24hrs for him to learn to climb in. Love the lights and blubs from Chewy that you can order. Fit like a system. Heat, sunlight blubs and fixtures.
Perfect fit for the tank!
We have a shallow section, and the topper ramp fits perfectly! Haven't seen the turtle use it yet, but he's more of a swimmer anyway.
Even got my grandma one!
I purchased this twice one for me and one for my grandma. We both own red-eared sliders and love this item if you have a bigger turtle like my grandma keep in mind they might throw themselves off so it’ll slowly go sliding back easy fix just put against a wall the suction cups are adjustable so that makes it leveled and snug for the tank I have a 20 gallon and so does she. Only down fall is i wish the steps had grip to help them get up but just keep the water above 2-3 steps and they WILL gain the strength over time so it’s easier for them to get up hope this helps
Francis loves it
This set up works out perfectly for our 65 gallon tank! Francis knew how it worked right away, and after a nice long swim, he knocked out in his little luxurious loft.
Looks great, fits perfectly for my 29 gallon tank, arrived a whole day early, and has little “railing boxes” so I can clip my turtle’s clamp lamp over the box/edge. I do recommend
Great addition to the tank! Fits perfect and turtles love it! Our bigger turtle didn’t like it at first but eventually he started using it. Causes a darker spot in the tank but nothing an underwater light can’t fix! Our turtles also use the bottom part as a place to sleep and hang out
Very nice looking but my turtle will not climb
After 3 days of just watching him hang on the ramp, I gave up on this. I tried adding no slip tape on the ramp and still no luck. It looks really nice if a turtle would only use it! When I put him up in the basking box under the lamp I added, he just jumps right back into the water. I was also concerned about the open area since it doesn't cover the complete tank.
Kind of meh
It had said it would fit up to a 55 gallon tank but it does not. Not really happy about that.
It would be better with a longer platform to get on
It works well and is very easy to set up but with a 55 gallon tank you would have to fill it all the way to the top so they can get onto the platform.
It’s really cool and I can see how it would be amazing but my two year old turtle will not use it