Purina Pro Plan Veterinary Diets HA Hydrolyzed Chicken Flavor Dry Dog Food
- FREE access to chat with licensed vets 7 days a week.
- Save 5% on all future Autoship orders.
- No fees, no commitments - cancel Autoship anytime.
Frequently Bought Together
About This Item
- Chicken-flavored dry dog food with hydrolyzed protein.
- Crafted in collaboration with nutritionists, researchers and veterinarians.
- Features hydrolyzed protein that has been broken down into smaller components.
- Developed with a single high-quality protein source and single carbohydrate source.
- Specially formulated to be highly digestible and promote optimal nutrient absorption in dogs.
Pet Lovers Also Bought
- Purina Pro Plan Veterinary Diets HA Hydrolyzed Vegetarian Dry Dog Food, 25-lb bag$110.99Chewy Price$105.44Autoship Price
- Purina Pro Plan Veterinary Diets HA Hydrolyzed Chicken Flavor Wet Dog Food, 13.3-oz, case of 12$53.99Chewy Price$51.29Autoship Price
- Hill's Prescription Diet z/d Skin/Food Sensitivities Original Flavor Dry Dog Food, 25-lb bag$114.99Chewy Price$109.24Autoship Price
- Royal Canin Veterinary Diet Adult Ultamino Dry Dog Food, 19.8-lb bag$120.99Chewy Price$114.94Autoship Price
- Hill's Prescription Diet Derm Complete Dry Dog Food, 14.3-lb bag$83.99Chewy Price$79.79Autoship Price
- Hill's Prescription Diet d/d Skin/Food Sensitivities Potato & Venison Dry Dog Food, 25-lb bag$124.99Chewy Price$118.74Autoship Price
- Hill's Prescription Diet d/d Skin/Food Sensitivities Potato & Duck Recipe Dry Dog Food, 25-lb bag$119.99Chewy Price$113.99Autoship Price
- Hill's Prescription Diet z/d Skin/Food Sensitivities Original Flavor Wet Dog Food, 13-oz, case of 12$58.99Chewy Price$56.04Autoship Price
- Hill's Prescription Diet Derm Complete Original Flavor Wet Dog Food, 13-oz, case of 12$59.99Chewy Price$56.99Autoship Price
- Blue Buffalo Natural Veterinary Diet HF Hydrolyzed for Food Intolerance Grain-Free Dry Dog Food, 22-lb bag$99.98Chewy Price$94.98Autoship Price
- Purina Pro Plan Veterinary Diets EN Gastroenteric Low Fat Dry Dog Food, 18-lb bag$76.99Chewy Price$73.14Autoship Price
- Royal Canin Veterinary Diet Hydrolyzed Protein HP Dry Dog Food, 25.3-lb bag$121.99Chewy Price$115.89Autoship Price
Compare Similar Items
|Price Per Unit|
|Top Ingredients||Corn Starch, Hydrolyzed Soy Protein Isolate, Partially Hydrogenated Canola Oil Preserved With Tbhq...||Corn Starch, Hydrolyzed Soy Protein Isolate, Coconut Oil...||Brewers Rice, Corn Gluten Meal, Whole Grain Corn...||Whole Grain Corn, Brewers Rice, Dried Egg Product...||Whole Grain Corn, Dried Beet Pulp**, Poultry By-Product Meal...|
|Breed Size||Small Breeds, Medium Breeds, Large Breeds...||Small Breeds, Medium Breeds, Large Breeds...||Small Breeds, Medium Breeds, Large Breeds...||Small Breeds, Medium Breeds, Large Breeds...||Small Breeds, Medium Breeds, Large Breeds...|
|Special Diet||Pea-Free, Veterinary Diet, Hydrolyzed Protein||Vegetarian, Pea-Free, Veterinary Diet...||Pea-Free, Veterinary Diet, Sensitive Digestion, With Grain||Low-Protein, Pea-Free, Veterinary Diet, With Grain||Veterinary Diet, Sensitive Digestion, With Grain|
|Food Flavor||Chicken, Poultry||Fruits & Vegetables||Chicken, Poultry||Chicken, Poultry||Chicken, Poultry|
|Health Feature||Digestive Health, Skin & Coat Health||Digestive Health, Skin & Coat Health||Digestive Health||Kidney Care||Digestive Health, Diabetic Support|
Questions & Answers
17 Customer Questions
ReviewsWrite a Review
265 Customer Reviews
Strange, but effective
The food is almost like corn pop cereal, weightless and nearly odorless. Jake seems to be eating it without complaint and we've seen a reduction in his skin issues due to allergies. It's hard to keep in stock, even from Chewy, order it before you think you'll need it. The downside is he eats more of it than his old food, being that he's a great dane, that's a lot.
Miracle Dog Food
I’m convinced that this food saved my dog’s life. He was diagnosed with Protein Loss Enteropathy (PLE) in January 2022. He had lost almost 1/2 of his body weight from January to May. He had so many tests done, MRI’s, a needle biopsy and many, many meds. After many, many meds, putting him on a different prescription dog food, and blood tests every 2 weeks, my wonderful vet decided it was time to refer him to internal medicine. The internal med doc, cut back the antibiotics and reduced his prednisone significantly then we monitored for another 2 weeks. Not much improvement. So she decided to change his dog foot to Purina HA. Went back after 2 weeks for more blood work and he showed signs of improvement. So she decided to cut his prednisone even further, he went from 20 mg a day to 7.5 to 5. So at this point he was only on 5 mg of of Prednisone and strictly this food only, no treats. Let me tell you, he went from weighing 7.9lbs and had lost most of his fur on May 24 to 11.4 lbs on July 27 and his fur is growing back like crazy!!! He probably weighs even more now. I’m forever grateful. He’s making a complete come back! I’m utterly shocked! Thank you, Purina.
He loves it
Finally got the right food which has helped with his digestive problem as well his apathy to eat, nothing used to please him, this one smell very good even for a human. Not vey much with his allergies but some small progress is seen.
Hooray for chicken!
Oz was put on a hydrolyzed diet in May and it made all the difference for his stomach issues, but clearly there's just no flavor. He started turning up his nose, so we tried the chicken flavor and it's a hit! He loves it!
Excellent Veterinary Diet
Hunter has been on ProPlan Veterinary Diet HA for a few weeks now. She has transitioned with no digestive issues. I believe I am seeing improvement in her allergy issues. I am very pleased.
My dog would not eat it
Unfortunately my dog would not eat it, and he eats everything! I was transitioning him from his other food and he picked through it to eat his normal food and left this in the bowl. I tried to disguise it in Goats Milk and that did not even work. I had to go buy food from his Vets office. Glad I did not buy the big bag!!
works wonders on my dog
following very strictly the plan, no cheat days no little even minimal anything other than this pro plan vet diet food, ALL the allergies my dog had disappeared. It took 5 months to clear and it works. The only addition is broccoli to enhance his stools. The other vet diet brands gave him bad breath this new brand handled it completely.
so happy it was in stock
I was getting it from my vet -- they have had delivery issues. I was very happy that Chewy had it in stock and was able to ship it right out for me
ProPlan Veterinary diets
So I have a doberman, DA, that is allergic to just about everything. He loves his hydrolyzed protein diet & is doing well on it.
This stuff is great
My pup has allergies. The vet suggested this in addition to some medication. He is doing well. Tolerated it from the beginning with no digestive issues.