Royal Canin Veterinary Diet Adult Hydrolyzed Protein Loaf Canned Dog Food, 13.7-oz, case of 24
- FREE access to chat with licensed vets 7 days a week.
- Save 5% on all future Autoship orders.
- No fees, no commitments - cancel Autoship anytime.
Frequently Bought Together
About This Item
- Tasty canned food diet formulated specifically for dogs with food sensitivities and skin, coat and digestive issues.
- Helps to reduce skin and GI reactions that may result from common proteins in dog foods.
- Fibers and prebiotics support healthy digestion.
- B vitamins, amino acids and omega-3 fatty acids support healthy skin and coats.
- Paw-some for both puppies and adult dogs.
Pet Lovers Also Bought
- Royal Canin Veterinary Diet Adult Hydrolyzed Protein Small Breed Dry Dog Food, 8.8-lb bag$58.99Chewy Price$56.04Autoship Price
- Royal Canin Veterinary Diet Adult Hydrolyzed Protein HP Dry Dog Food, 25.3-lb bag$121.99Chewy Price$115.89Autoship Price
- Royal Canin Veterinary Diet Adult Ultamino Dry Dog Food, 19.8-lb bag$120.99Chewy Price$114.94Autoship Price
- Royal Canin Veterinary Diet Adult Selected Protein PW Dry Dog Food, 30.8-lb bag$129.99Chewy Price$142.99List Price$123.49Autoship Price
- Hill's Prescription Diet z/d Skin/Food Sensitivities Original Flavor Dry Dog Food, 17.6-lb bag$87.99Chewy Price$83.59Autoship Price
- Hill's Prescription Diet z/d Skin/Food Sensitivities Original Flavor Wet Dog Food, 13-oz, case of 12, bundle of 2$111.98Chewy Price$106.38Autoship Price
- Royal Canin Veterinary Diet Adult Selected Protein PR Dry Dog Food, 25-lb bag$131.99Chewy Price$125.39Autoship Price
- Blue Buffalo Natural Veterinary Diet HF Hydrolyzed for Food Intolerance Grain-Free Wet Dog Food, 12.5-oz, case of 12$51.48Chewy Price$48.91Autoship Price
- Royal Canin Veterinary Diet Adult Gastrointestinal Dry Dog Food, 22-lb bag$84.99Chewy Price$95.99List Price$80.74Autoship Price
- Purina Pro Plan Veterinary Diets HA Hydrolyzed Chicken Flavor Wet Dog Food, 13.3-oz, case of 12$53.99Chewy Price$51.29Autoship Price
- Hill's Prescription Diet z/d Skin/Food Sensitivities Small Bites Original Flavor Dry Dog Food, 7 lb bag$45.99Chewy Price$43.69Autoship Price
- Royal Canin Veterinary Diet Adult Hydrolyzed Protein Moderate Calorie Dry Dog Food, 24.2-lb bag$122.99Chewy Price$116.84Autoship Price
Compare Similar Items
|Top Ingredients||Water Sufficient For Processing, Pea Starch, Hydrolyzed Chicken Liver...||Water Sufficient For Processing, Chicken, Pork By-Products...||Water Sufficient For Processing, Chicken Liver, Chicken By-Products...||Water Sufficient For Processing, Chicken, Chicken By-Products...||Water Sufficient For Processing, Pork By-Products, Chicken...|
|Breed Size||Small Breeds, Medium Breeds, Large Breeds, All Breeds||Small Breeds, Medium Breeds, Large Breeds, All Breeds||Small Breeds, Medium Breeds, Large Breeds, All Breeds||All Breeds||Small Breeds, Medium Breeds, Large Breeds, All Breeds|
|Special Diet||Limited Ingredient Diet, Veterinary Diet, Hydrolyzed Protein||Pea-Free, Veterinary Diet||Pea-Free, Veterinary Diet||Veterinary Diet||Low Glycemic, Pea-Free, Veterinary Diet|
|Food Flavor||Chicken, Poultry||Chicken, Poultry||Chicken, Poultry||Beef, Meat||Chicken, Poultry|
|Health Feature||Skin & Coat Health, Digestive Health||Urinary Tract Health, Weight Management||Urinary Tract Health||Urinary Tract Health||Diabetic Support|
|Food Texture||Pate||Chunks in Gravy||Pate||Chunks in Gravy||Pate|
Questions & Answers
33 Customer Questions
ReviewsWrite a Review
581 Customer Reviews
Yucky smell but GREAT food for my GoldenDoddle
She has been a VERY picky eater since I got her last year from a breeder as a 9 week old puppy. I have jumped through hoops trying to find something she will eat without a lot of people toppings (cut up chicken breast/thighs, lean ground beef, etc.) Recent GI upsets prompted the vet to recommend Purina EN. Tried that and she turned her nose up at it. Decided to give the Hydrolyzed Protein a try. In spite of the smell that gags me, she actually cleaned her plate when I fed it to her. Been just a couple days since I started her on this product, but so far she is licking her bowl clean! (now 50 weeks old) I will continue using this product as long as she continues her progress of eating every last morsel. Not all dogs will love this food, but mine sure does!
Unhappy with this food
Pate? This is the thickest/hardest Pate with the worst consistency I've ever seen. We recently switched to these cans in place of the Potato + Whitefish cans by RC as directed by our vet - because it's been unavailable for what feels like an eternity now - and I honestly can't believe this stuff passes as a quality dog "food". It's so difficult to scoop out of the can and portion out for my dog with her kibble because it's insanely thick. The color is also a gross looking grayish light brown. The food is actually so tough/has such a weird texture that it comes out of the can in "pieces" - that is the only way I can describe it. Storing the leftover food in the refrigerator makes this even worse to serve the next day. Both of our pups eat Royal Canin food and I'm very disappointed in the lack of availability for many of their items; it's been going on for way too long now. Considering how expensive this food is I'm definitely not happy with serving this to our pup and will need to find another canned food alternative for her allergies. I'm actually surprised my dog is even willing to eat it - that's the only reason I'm giving it 2 stars.
In place of potato and rabbit
My dog has allergies, and, for years, only ate Royal Canin potato and rabbit (PR) canned food. That food has been unavailable for several months now. Knowing there was a potential shortage, we had saved some back so we could transition to a different food, if necessary. We eventually got this Hydrolized Protein food. We mix it with the PR that we still have left and our dog is tolerating it well. We still look forward to when PR is available again, but this food seems to be a good interim substitute.
I had to buy 24 cans, my dog was not happy with this food, maintain her eating these cans until I was able to buy another medicated food in chewy. I read the components of this food and I don't know what is inside of this cans. I will say my dog was ok while eating this food but she was eating really few just to not starve of hungry. Even the dog smell weird with this food. Buy it only if you have to, if you have more options, try something else.
Vet recommended this food for at least and 8 week trial for my dog's allergies. I mix the wet canned food with the Hydrolyzed Protein kibble and the dog loves it. It also has made his coat super soft. Will probably continue to feed him this even though it appears his allergies are now not food related but Southern CA environment related...
Only if your desperate would I recommend. This was my only Royal Canin choice since Royal Canin is backlogged on their Venison, Rabbit and Duck wet foods. You have to hold your nose as you are trying to scrape it out of the can because its one big smelly lump. Luckily my little dog eats anything. Also extremely difficult to give her her daily pills with this type of food. Np such thing as trying to make a little ball out of it.
My two morkie pups are highly allergic to so many things. The vet recommended Royal Canin, Hydrolyzed protein in order to help them. Since using Royal...our pups are acting Royally...they feel better...they aren't scratching themselves....having red rashes anymore and actually enjoying play time again. Thank you Royal Canin for this product that helps my pups!!
Doesn’t look so appetizing to me either.
Unfortunately my frenchie only licked it once and has not gone back to eating it again after 4 attempts. Now we are stuck with 23 cans of wet food. And he is still not eating his dry Rx food as much either. Help!
I’m very happy with Chewy’s timely delivery service, and this food is just what my dog needed! While we’re awaiting the Royal Canin canned novel protein to re-stock, this was advised to be the next best thing for my dog with IBD. Overall, I’ve seen great results, my dog loves it, so I’ll definitely be ordering again.
Pickest Dog Approved
My pup has always had eating issues, and very picky. Now that he is on a hydrolized diet we are starting to see him eat. With a cup of the dry, I do a quick smash of the dry to break it up just a little, and mix that with 1/2 can wet. It is nice having a dog that will eat.