Royal Canin Veterinary Diet Adult Hydrolyzed Protein Small Breed Dry Dog Food, 8.8-lb bag
- FREE access to chat with licensed vets 7 days a week.
- Save 5% on all future Autoship orders.
- No fees, no commitments - cancel Autoship anytime.
Frequently Bought Together
About This Item
- A veterinary-exclusive dry dog food made with hydrolyzed protein for adult dogs under 22 lbs with food sensitivities.
- Helps reduce skin and GI reactions that may be a result of sensitivities to common proteins found in pet foods.
- Helps minimize risk of reaction with proteins that are broken down to a size that’s less likely to be recognized by the immune system.
- Promotes a urinary environment unfavorable to the development of both struvite and calcium oxalate crystals.
- Helps support healthy teeth with kibble that is a specific shape, dimension, and texture to fit the jaws of small dogs and also promote a brushing effect while chewing.
Pet Lovers Also Bought
- Royal Canin Veterinary Diet Adult Hydrolyzed Protein Moderate Calorie Dry Dog Food, 24.2-lb bag$122.99Chewy Price$116.84Autoship Price
- Royal Canin Veterinary Diet Adult Selected Protein PW Dry Dog Food, 30.8-lb bag$142.99Chewy Price$135.84Autoship Price
- Royal Canin Veterinary Diet Adult Hydrolyzed Protein Loaf Canned Dog Food, 13.7-oz, case of 24$136.56Chewy Price$129.73Autoship Price
- Royal Canin Veterinary Diet Adult Selected Protein PR Dry Dog Food, 25-lb bag$131.99Chewy Price$125.39Autoship Price
- Royal Canin Veterinary Diet Adult Ultamino Dry Dog Food, 8.8-lb bag$68.99Chewy Price$65.54Autoship Price
- Royal Canin Veterinary Diet Adult Gastrointestinal Low Fat Loaf Canned Dog Food, 13.5-oz, case of 24$110.16Chewy Price$104.65Autoship Price
- Purina Pro Plan Veterinary Diets HA Hydrolyzed Chicken Flavor Wet Dog Food, 13.3-oz, case of 12$53.99Chewy Price$51.29Autoship Price
- Royal Canin Veterinary Diet Adult Hydrolyzed Protein HP Dry Dog Food, 25.3-lb bag$121.99Chewy Price$115.89Autoship Price
- Royal Canin Veterinary Diet Adult Gastrointestinal Low Fat Dry Dog Food, 28.6-lb bag$119.99Chewy Price$113.99Autoship Price
- Blue Buffalo Natural Veterinary Diet HF Hydrolyzed for Food Intolerance Grain-Free Wet Dog Food, 12.5-oz, case of 12$51.48Chewy Price$48.91Autoship Price
- Purina Pro Plan Veterinary Diets EN Gastroenteric Low Fat Wet Dog Food, 13.4-oz, case of 12$46.99Chewy Price$44.64Autoship Price
- Purina Pro Plan Veterinary Diets EN Gastroenteric Wet Dog Food, 13.4-oz, case of 12$46.99Chewy Price$44.64Autoship Price
Compare Similar Items
|Top Ingredients||Brewers Rice, Hydrolyzed Soy Protein, Chicken Fat...||Brewers Rice, Hydrolyzed Soy Protein, Chicken Fat...||Potato, Rabbit Meal, Coconut Oil...||Corn Starch, Hydrolyzed Poultry By-Products Aggregate, Coconut Oil...||Chicken By-Product Meal, Barley, Corn Gluten Meal...|
|Breed Size||Extra Small & Toy Breeds, Small Breeds||Small Breeds, Medium Breeds, Large Breeds, All Breeds||Small Breeds, Medium Breeds, Large Breeds, All Breeds||Small Breeds, Medium Breeds, Large Breeds, All Breeds||Small Breeds, Medium Breeds, Large Breeds, All Breeds|
|Special Diet||Limited Ingredient Diet, Pea-Free, Veterinary Diet...||Limited Ingredient Diet, Pea-Free, Veterinary Diet...||Limited Ingredient Diet, Pea-Free, Veterinary Diet, Chicken-Free||Pea-Free, Veterinary Diet, Sensitive Digestion||Low Glycemic, Pea-Free, Veterinary Diet, With Grain|
|Food Flavor||Chicken, Poultry||Chicken, Poultry||Rabbit, Meat||Chicken, Poultry||Chicken, Poultry|
|Health Feature||Skin & Coat Health, Digestive Health||Skin & Coat Health, Digestive Health||Skin & Coat Health, Digestive Health||Digestive Health||Diabetic Support, Weight Management, Digestive Health|
Questions & Answers
25 Customer Questions
ReviewsWrite a Review
290 Customer Reviews
We had tried another brand of hydrolyzed food first. Our Morkie would not always eat all of her food everyday. Her Vet gave us a few samples to try and she loves this brand (at least for now), and eats all her food everyday. The ordering process was very easy and fast since we had a written prescription that was easy to upload. We had run out of samples and were nervous as to what we were going to do but our food arrived 3 days earlier than scheduled! We were very happy about that. We will use Chewy for future purchases.
Finally found food for my tiny baby
I have finally found a small kibble that is easy for my 4.7 pound poodle to eat. This stops the atopic dermatitis because of her food allergies. And she likes it. Chewy has awesome customer service as well. I am a happy fur mom!
Not for my dog
Unfortunately my dog has zero interest in this food as recommended by my vet. I’ve tried warming it up and putting pumpkin on it. His poops aren’t brown but a weird color. It’s been frustrating finding a food he’ll eat, no fault of Royal Canin. I’ll be looking into a different food.
Buttercup so satisfied.
I had another company that I ordered dog food from. My Buttercup took to Royal Dog food right away. I use the small dry food for her treats and the canned dog food twice a day when I feed her. The customer service was just awesome which means a lot to me.
she loves it!
Bought this on vet recommendation to try to manage allergies. She loves it and wolfs it down. The small size of the kibble is perfect for 5 pound yorkie. Poops are firm and not smelly. Only been on it for 3 weeks, but seems to be helping. I understand it takes 6 weeks to be sure.
Bentley, a Coton had terrible allergies for our first spring down in Florida. He spiraled out of control and his normal shot did not completely relive him, so back to the vet we went. The vet suggested this food and seeing he was on a brand of Royal Canin we were able to start this food immediately. And as we have two dogs, they both made the switch to the Hydrolyzed Royal Canin and both dogs love this new food.
Dogs Love It!
My dogs love the Royal Canin Hydrolyzed Protein and gobble it right up. We had to change their food from another prescriptions food and they had no problems eating or had health issues (upset tummies, etc.) when we changed to Rooyal Canin Hydrolyzed Protein. I would say this food is a big hit at our house and I would recommend it too! Thanks!
Royal canon HP food
This is a great food. Tried another brand and my dogs drank way to much water, and urinated constantly. This Royal Canin HP is much better and the dogs like it. Also, Chewy you stand by your products which is greatly appreciated! Thank you.
More difficult to buy than illicit drugs!
I have three dogs, one of which has dermatology issues. They all love the food. I never thought that I’d live to see the day where it would be easier to buy crack than dog food!
Pug allergic to everything
This seems to be working after 2 weeks. My pugs black skin spots are lightening. She is still licking her paws currently. I think the small breed is too small for her. She seems to swallow it whole instead of chewing. I need to buy the regular size next time. She is 18 pounds. Also she loves the taste and picks the old food out to get to the new.