Royal Canin Veterinary Diet Hydrolyzed Protein HP Dry Dog Food
- FREE access to chat with licensed vets 7 days a week.
- Save 5% on all future Autoship orders.
- No fees, no commitments - cancel Autoship anytime.
Frequently Bought Together
About This Item
- A veterinary-exclusive dry dog food made with hydrolyzed protein for adult dogs and puppies with food sensitivities.
- Helps reduce skin and GI reactions that may be a result of sensitivities to common proteins found in pet foods.
- Helps minimize risk of reaction with proteins that are broken down to a size that’s less likely to be recognized by the immune system.
- Reinforces the skin barrier with essential nutrients to support healthy skin in dogs with skin sensitivity and irritation.
- Helps support healthy digestion with an exclusive blend of fibers and prebiotics.
Pet Lovers Also Bought
- Royal Canin Veterinary Diet Adult Selected Protein PR Dry Dog Food, 25-lb bag$131.99Chewy Price$125.39Autoship Price
- Royal Canin Veterinary Diet Adult Hydrolyzed Protein Moderate Calorie Dry Dog Food, 24.2-lb bag$122.99Chewy Price$116.84Autoship Price
- Royal Canin Veterinary Diet Adult Selected Protein PW Dry Dog Food, 30.8-lb bag$142.99Chewy Price$135.84Autoship Price
- Royal Canin Veterinary Diet Adult Ultamino Dry Dog Food, 19.8-lb bag$120.99Chewy Price$114.94Autoship Price
- Hill's Prescription Diet z/d Skin/Food Sensitivities Original Flavor Dry Dog Food, 25-lb bag$114.99Chewy Price$109.24Autoship Price
- Blue Buffalo Natural Veterinary Diet HF Hydrolyzed for Food Intolerance Grain-Free Dry Dog Food, 6-lb bag$34.98Chewy Price$33.23Autoship Price
- Hill's Prescription Diet d/d Skin/Food Sensitivities Potato & Venison Dry Dog Food, 25-lb bag$124.99Chewy Price$118.74Autoship Price
- Royal Canin Veterinary Diet Adult Selected Protein PD Dry Dog Food, 25-lb bag$131.99Chewy Price$125.39Autoship Price
- Purina Pro Plan Veterinary Diets HA Hydrolyzed Vegetarian Dry Dog Food, 25-lb bag$110.99Chewy Price$105.44Autoship Price
- Hill's Prescription Diet d/d Skin/Food Sensitivities Potato & Salmon Recipe Dry Dog Food, 25-lb bag$119.99Chewy Price$113.99Autoship Price
- Purina Pro Plan Veterinary Diets HA Hydrolyzed Chicken Flavor Dry Dog Food, 25-lb bag$110.99Chewy Price$105.44Autoship Price
- Purina Pro Plan Veterinary Diets HA Hydrolyzed Chicken Flavor Wet Dog Food, 13.3-oz, case of 12$53.99Chewy Price$51.29Autoship Price
Compare Similar Items
|Top Ingredients||Brewers Rice, Hydrolyzed Soy Protein, Chicken Fat...||Corn Starch, Hydrolyzed Poultry By-Products Aggregate, Coconut Oil...||Potato, Rabbit Meal, Coconut Oil...||Chicken By-Product Meal, Barley, Corn Gluten Meal...||Brewers Rice, Hydrolyzed Soy Protein, Chicken Fat...|
|Breed Size||Small Breeds, Medium Breeds, Large Breeds, All Breeds||Small Breeds, Medium Breeds, Large Breeds, All Breeds||Small Breeds, Medium Breeds, Large Breeds, All Breeds||Small Breeds, Medium Breeds, Large Breeds, All Breeds||Small Breeds, Medium Breeds, Large Breeds, All Breeds|
|Special Diet||Limited Ingredient Diet, Pea-Free, Veterinary Diet...||Pea-Free, Veterinary Diet, Sensitive Digestion||Limited Ingredient Diet, Pea-Free, Veterinary Diet, Chicken-Free||Low Glycemic, Pea-Free, Veterinary Diet, With Grain||Limited Ingredient Diet, Pea-Free, Veterinary Diet...|
|Food Flavor||Chicken, Poultry||Chicken, Poultry||Rabbit, Meat||Chicken, Poultry||Chicken, Poultry|
|Health Feature||Skin & Coat Health, Digestive Health||Digestive Health||Skin & Coat Health, Digestive Health||Diabetic Support, Weight Management, Digestive Health||Skin & Coat Health, Digestive Health, Weight Management|
Questions & Answers
61 Customer Questions
ReviewsWrite a Review
1282 Customer Reviews
Finally an IBD friendly food my dog will eat
After a scary incident where my dog was hospitalized with an acute IBD flare up, the vet gave us samples of several hydrolyzed protein foods to try. My dog turned her nose up to all of them except the Royal Canin HP kibble and canned formulas. She gobbles it right up and so far (2 months and counting) she hasn't had any recurrent symptoms of her IBD and she's back to a healthy weight. It's pricey but well worth it if you compare it to the vet and hospital bills incurred by using a regular dog food. Happy healthy dog = happy dad!
Ok...hard to feed when no appetite
My dog is going through kidney and IBD issues. My vet recommended Hills or Royal Canin. We decided the Royal Canin since it sounded like it would be easy to digest and easy on the kidneys. Well it is. It does work and my cats love eat it, but my dog doesn't. I have to add water and hand feed her the food because she doesn't or afraid to eat. Once I fight her a bit she will eat a little bit. But the next day she is feeling better and zooming all around. She wouldn't do this with other food so it must make her feel better. I also not a fan of huge bags 3 lbs to 5 lbs is more than enough per purchase ...not a 7 lbs bag.
Beware of Grain Mites!!!
I called Chewy in a panic when I saw this in my dogs new food bag, these are not ants because the ant traps I have are not catching anything. They are sending me a new bag of food which is nice but now I have to replace all my dogs food related items! It’s a bummer because this is the only food he can eat so I have to try it again. This picture is how small they are after I sprayed them with bug spray and had to throw away his new puzzle bowl :(
Prescribed allergies/ diah
Been using Hills z/d but dog fir 7 years but the ladt two years diah be ame a probkem periodically and the last few months constant had constant diah. Lost 7 lbs from 52 lbs . Switched to RC HP as a trial. Allergies still exist but manageable with apoquel ,certerizine and prednisolone. Diah stopped.
Finally delivered to my front door
My vet had switched all of us to Purina Direct. Well they started leaving it on the street like you had. I called Purina and they told me that was my problem. When I called to switch back to Royal Canin from you, your representative made sure the delivery department had it delivered just as you advertise. Lo and behold not on the street to be stolen like before. This is the way it is supposed to be. Thank you.
Suggested for allergies
My vet recommended we change my English bulldogs food in an effort to help her allergies. She ate the first bag okay but we didn’t see any relief in her itching and other allergy symptoms but we realized it could take time. We received the second bag and our dog will not eat it. Feeding time used to be one of her favorite things and now we have to coax her to her bowl. This bag seems to be more crumbly, like crumbs at the bottom of the bag but it is throughout so that could be an issue. Regardless, we will be trying a different food to help with her allergies.
Finally a food that works
My dog is two years old we have tried so many foods to help her. She’s allergic to so much and finally this food has helped! And theres very little waste for an 82 pound dog it’s amazing her poops are the same size of the cats!!
Hydrolyzed protein dry dog food.
My dog is not crazy about the dry food as she is with the canned. She’ll eat it but not the same way she eats the canned. I do mix it which makes it a little better for her
My Yellow Lab
My dog has a allergic issue and so her doctor told me to put her on this stuff and the stains on her paws went away from her licking and I feel that’s she’s a lot happier!
Good at a price
My dog was diagnosed with IBD, having tried other dog foods he just would not eat. He now eats it all every meal and seams to love it. I feed him one cup 3 time a day he will eat it dry, but I usually serve it with warm water on it which helps him digest it and hydrates him. Just wish that it wasn't so expensive.