Tetra HT10 Submersible Aquarium Heater & Electronic Thermostat, 50-watt
Frequently Bought Together
About This Item
- Submersible heater that can be installed vertically or horizontally.
- Low voltage thermostat maintains water at 78°F.
- Features red/green indicator lights to show when the heater is heating or on standby.
- For use with 2-10-gallon aquariums.
- Easy to conceal behind plants or other décor.
Pet Lovers Also Bought
- Eheim Jager Thermostat Aquarium Heater, 300-watt$34.99Chewy Price
- Marina Floating Thermometer with Suction Cup for Aquariums$2.99Chewy Price
- Koval LED Aquarium Light, 45 - 50 in, 156 LED$74.95Chewy Price$139.99List Price
- Penn-Plax Cascade Heat Preset Submersible Aquarium Heater, 10-in, 150-watt$19.98Chewy Price$33.99List Price
- AA Aquarium Green Killing Machine 9 Watt Replacement Bulb$29.99Chewy Price$34.99List Price
- Penn-Plax Cascade Heat 300W Preset Submersible Aquarium Heater, 12-in$17.99Chewy Price$35.99List Price
- Cobalt Aquatics Electronic Neo-Therm Pro Submersible Aquarium Heater, 75-Watt$55.58Chewy Price$92.18List Price
- AquaSprouts Submersible Universal Color-Changing RGB LED Light, 11-in$23.51Chewy Price$24.95List Price
- Eheim Thermocontrol Aquarium Water Temperature Controller, 125-watt$37.30Chewy Price$44.99List Price
- Fluval Submersible Glass Aquarium Heater, 50-watt$19.48Chewy Price$33.99List Price
- Marineland LED Fish Aquarium Light Hood, 24-in$59.57Chewy Price$76.59List Price
- Aqueon Freshwater Aquarium Clip-On LED Light$20.99Chewy Price$25.99List Price
Compare Similar Items
|Aquarium Type||Freshwater, Saltwater||Freshwater||Freshwater, Saltwater||Freshwater, Saltwater||Freshwater|
|Fish Type||—||N/A, Marine Invertebrate, Tropical Freshwater...||—||Tropical Freshwater, Betta, Cichlid, Goldfish, Marine Fish||Tropical Freshwater|
Questions & Answers
8 Customer Questions
ReviewsWrite a Review
49 Customer Reviews
I have this in a 5 gallon tank and it seems to be working so far. I've only had it in there for a couple days but it has warmed the water up to be around 76° F. It's not adjustable so if you need warmer water than that I'd look elsewhere. It works for my purposes though, my tank is in a cold basement so the water was like 60° F before, all I needed was to keep the water a little warmer for my betta and it seems to be doing that job so far.
Not for tropical fish
With my apartment at 70 degrees, this heater keeps the water in my 10 gallon tank around 60 degrees. Not quite warm enough for tropical freshwater fish.
Sad by results
I was disappointed with the Tetra heaters that i recently purchased. They said that they would automatically adjust the water to 78°. One maxed out at 74° and the other at 76°.
This things alright.
It’s alright for a small tank that the water doesn’t matter is it fluctuates a little bit between 70-78 sometimes the thing kicks off for a bit and will start back up. Which for my case is perfectly fine.
Work really well actually
The people who don’t think it works well are the people who are expecting the water to be hot. It keeps the water just the right temperature and even works for tanks bigger than the recommended size. Absolutely love it
The heater is amazing. I recently got a quarantine tank for my betta fish. I was looking for a heater and found this one not only is it soooo affordable it’s great quality too. I’m VERY happy with this product. It takes abt 24 hours or more for it to fully heat the tank:)
it works well but
The heater works fine but I don’t like how there’s only one suction cup it makes it harder to keep it up straight but otherwise I love the heater.
Did not work at all
I bought this and it doesn’t even heat up at all. It’s like it’s completely broke. This is why I don’t like buying online, it s to much of a hassle to return item.
Saving your money
Tetra 50 watt heater. Absolutely does not work I have 50 watt in my 5 gallon tank absolutely and I have freezing water the red and green light absolutely do nothing the only time you see it is if you plug it in or unplug but if you blink you'll miss it have they commented as of why the light doesn't stay on to tell us it's heating? And you can touch that thing while it's in the water and it's cold as ice
Heater with no adjustment
Great little heater, just wish I could adjust the settings.