CaribSea Super Naturals Zen Garden Aquarium Substrate
Frequently Bought Together
About This Item
- Contains a variety of natural-color stones to help your finned friend feel right at home.
- Pre-washed, pH neutral and promotes the growth of beneficial bacteria colonies.
- Creating a natural environment for your fish helps reduce aggravation caused by reflections in the bottom of your tank.
- Great for use in marine and brackish aquariums (sold separately) with proper buffering.
- Each grain measures approximately 0.25–1.0 millimeters in size.
Pet Lovers Also Bought
- CaribSea Super Naturals Moonlight Sand Aquarium Substrate, 5-lb bag$10.65Chewy Price
- DealPure Water Pebbles African Cichlid Aquarium Substrate, Malawi Mix, 20-lb bag$19.99Chewy Price$22.99List Price
- CaribSea Eco-Complete Cichlid Aquarium Substrate 10-lb bag$22.39Chewy Price$27.99List Price
- CaribSea Aragonite Florida Aquarium Crushed Coral, 10-lb bag$10.99Chewy Price
- CaribSea Seaflor Special Aragonite Aquarium Sand, 40-lb bag$26.99Chewy Price$46.99List Price
- CaribSea Super Naturals Crystal River Aquarium Substrate, 40-lb bag$43.99Chewy Price
- CaribSea Eco-Complete Cichlid Zack Aquarium Substrate, 20-lb bag$32.99Chewy Price
- Pure Water Pebbles Bio-Activ Live African Cichlid Aquarium Substrate, Rift Lake, 20-lb bag$26.99Chewy Price$27.02List Price
- CaribSea Eco-Complete Planted Aquarium Substrate, 10-lb bag$19.99Chewy Price
- CaribSea Super Naturals Carolina Creek Aquarium Gravel, 40-lb bag$33.99Chewy Price
- CaribSea African Cichlid Mix Sahara Aquarium Gravel, 20-lb bag$21.99Chewy Price
Compare Similar Items
|Fish Type||Tropical Freshwater||Tropical Freshwater||Tropical Freshwater||Tropical Freshwater||Tropical Freshwater|
Questions & Answers
ReviewsWrite a Review
4 Customer Reviews
Rather large gravel
I like the Zen Garden gravel, but it is rather large, compared to most other aquarium gravel. A lot of aquarium gravel is too fine for use with under gravel filters. Fine gravel substrate will sift through, and even clog up the slots in the filter plates. If you have big fish, especially those that move the gravel around, the Zen Garden will work just fine. I like the CaribSea Gemstone Creek a little more. It is slightly smaller than the Zen and is suitable for most aquariums, with or without under gravel filters. All aquarium substrate is dirty and should be washed thoroughly before placing it in your tank.
exactly what I wanted, work in progress!
I'm putting together my new 10 gallon betta tank. I looked at alot of different gravel, sand and other pebble types here on Chewy and in different stores and none of it appealed to me. I was feeling a little defeated until I found this. I wanted a very natural look but smooth stones. nothing rough and sharp. and with this, this is what I got. and my tank is on its way to becoming the vision I have in my head. I still have things I ordered from Chewy that haven't gotten to me yet and things I need to get from here and there. more plants and hidey things. so it's still a work in progress. I'm in no rush.
Natural; but not worth the hassle.
Purchased this instead of other gravels offered as I wanted to try a more natural product without an acrylic/clear coating like other brands offer. The natural sediments left on the gravel (even though it’s apparently pre-rinsed) congealed into a foul-smelling sludge both on the bottom of the tank and covered the entirety of the HOB filter (for which I am certain is from the gravel and not any previous aquarium issues). Honestly, I would recommend just going with buying an acrylic coated gravel instead unless you have the patience to deal with the consequences. I wish I had photographic evidence of the havoc it wreaked on my HOB but sadly I scrubbed my filter shortly before deciding to write this.
Love them, nice variety
Rinse/soak thoroughly before use, they are quite dirty, don't want that in your tank.