Frontline Plus Flea & Tick Spot Treatment for Cats, over 1.5 lbs
- FREE access to chat with licensed vets 7 days a week.
- Save 5% on all future Autoship orders.
- No fees, no commitments - cancel Autoship anytime.
Frequently Bought Together
About This Item
- Promotes a fast-acting and long-lasting protection from fleas and ticks.
- Formulated with two active ingredients to help disrupt the flea life cycle.
- Kills adult fleas, flea eggs, flea larvae, chewing lice, and ticks.
- Simply apply once a month.
- Designed for a waterproof protection after 24 hours.
Fleas rise to the top of your pet's coat as they die, so consider it a triumph if you start seeing more fleas at first, after treating your pet. If you’re still seeing fleas after application, it may be because your pet has picked up new fleas from the environment, which may include other pets, surfaces and outdoor areas. It may take up to 90 days to break the entire flea life cycle. Additionally, you should also treat sources of new fleas (i.e., carpet, yard, etc.) to ensure complete flea control.
Pet Lovers Also Bought
- Frontline Gold Flea & Tick Spot Treatment for Cats, over 1.5 lbs, 3 Doses (3-mos. supply)$54.99Chewy Price$60.99List Price$47.49Autoship Price
- Advantage II Flea Spot Treatment for Cats, over 9 lbs, 6 Doses (6-mos. supply)$59.98Chewy Price$56.98Autoship Price
- Capstar Flea Oral Treatment for Cats, 2-25 lbs, 12 Tablets$52.18Chewy Price$62.99List Price$49.57Autoship Price
- Cheristin Flea Spot Treatment for Cats, over 1.8 lbs, 3 Doses (3-mos. supply)$37.99Chewy Price$36.09Autoship Price
- Advantage II Flea Spot Treatment for Cats, 5-9 lbs, & Ferrets, 6 Doses (6-mos. supply)$59.98Chewy Price$56.98Autoship Price
- Advantage II Flea Spot Treatment for Cats, 2-5 lbs, 2 Doses (2-mos. supply)$27.98Chewy Price$26.58Autoship Price
- Seresto Flea & Tick Collar for Cats, 2 Collars (16-mos. supply)$113.98Chewy Price$108.28Autoship Price
- Hartz UltraGuard ProMax Flea & Tick Cat Collar, Purple, 2 count$29.97Chewy Price$28.47Autoship Price
- PetArmor CapAction Flea Tablets for Cats, 6 Tablets$24.99Chewy Price$28.99List Price$23.74Autoship Price
- Advantage XD Large Cat Treatment, 2 count$52.98Chewy Price$50.33Autoship Price
- Zodiac Flea & Tick Collar for Cats, 1 Collar (7-mos. supply)$7.79Chewy Price$8.99List Price$7.40Autoship Price
- Virbac EFFIPRO Flea & Tick Spot Treatment for Cats, over 1.5 lbs, 3 Doses (3-mos. supply)$37.25Chewy Price$40.97List Price$35.39Autoship Price
Compare Similar Items
|Top Ingredients||Active Ingredients : Fipronil 9.8% , (S)-methoprene 11.8%.||Active Ingredients : Fipronil , (S)-methoprene , Pyriproxyfen.||Active Ingredients: Fipronil, (S)-methoprene.||Fipronil: 9.58%, Pyriproxyfen: 11.65%, Glycol Ether:75 - 85%.||Active Ingredients: Imidacloprid 9.1%, Pyriproxyfen 0.46%.|
|Lifestage||Kitten, Adult, Senior||Adult, Kitten, Senior||Adult, Kitten, Senior||Adult||Adult|
Questions & Answers
31 Customer Questions
ReviewsWrite a Review
1658 Customer Reviews
Vet would NOT recommend
Once telling my vet that I used Frontline Plus to treat fleas on my cats, their response was to stop wasting money. Over the past few years there has been a heightened resistance of fleas to Frontline Plus which makes it hardly, if at all, effective. This would explain why, after 3 months we are still fighting live fleas on our cats between spraying the entire house, monthly flea treatments on all animals, incessant vacuuming & cleaning, and multiple flea baths. I treated my dog with a different monthly, oral flea treatment and there have been Zero flea signs on her. Needless to say, the cats have now been changed to the same brand of monthly flea treatment and we will not be purchasing Frontline Plus again.
ordered 8 count frontline plus. Received 2 of the 4 count packets which was ok. What was not was that both pakets had been opened. Whoever did that didn't even bother to cloth the packets correctly. They left the little side flaps hanging out. Will not use products that have been tampered with. Although the doses themselves appear in tact, I have no idea if they were swapped out for doses that had expired. Will not order from Chewy again. The button below asks if I would recommend this product to a friend. Yes I would but not through Chewy so I am selecting the no button.
Unfortunately, this was not effective in treating my cat. I used one dose and waited 24 hours and still saw fleas. I am not sure if this is authentic or if this was not effective due to my cats weight? It would be nice to have some reference for which treatments treat larger cats. This is not cheap, so the disappointment is definitely there with quality and effectiveness in treating the issue, especially when it is something like this, you want what you pay for to work to avoid a bigger problem or serious infestation.
Did not help ticks
I have used this for about 6 months now. This past month, which is tick season here, I am finding at least deer 2 ticks per day on my outdoor/indoor cat. They were attached and full of blood so they have obviously been there awhile. This product does not work for ticks! Beware if that is your main reason for purchasing!
It does work
For those that say it doesn't work it does work if you are starting with a flea free house my house got infected because I brought in a cat to babysit. you have to treat the house, bedding. I used Vets Best spray and I steam cleaned my floors and carpets. Once you have them you have to go all out and you can get it under control
So far so good
Using this with our five kitties. Switched after learning that the Advantage was no longer made directly by Bayer and having issues (2 kitties with fleas). So far, so good. Bonus is that my sensitive boy doesn't seem to mind the smell as much.
DON’T WASTE YOUR MONEY DOES NOT WORK
Bought 6 does to treat my 3 cats. First dose did absolutely NOTHING. Like not one single dead flea. Used flea comb every day, home spray, vacuum etc. to control population. Thought maybe the drops just needed time to kill population. Applied second dose…NO EFFECT! What a waste of money. Contacted Chewy for a refund - they would only do partial refund. I have extremely limited income and buying these set me back. For them to not work on my two 19 yo cats who are miserable at the end of their life due to fleas hurts my heart.
Doesnt work at all. Took pets to vet for checkup and they said the same thing and offered me flea medicine they sold there that started working almost immediately. Dont waste your money.
Best stuff ever!
I didn't know or forgot you can get this product over the counter. My Vet told me about this and it saved Mrs Calabash.She's like a new cat! It works within hours those bugs are gone!
Didn't work as well as I thought
I tried this for the first time on my kittens when I got it, they're currently on their second dose. However I still find fleas on them, every time I comb them I'm guaranteed to find at least 2 or 3 and they're still alive. It didn't work as well as I thought it would.