Tell uninvited to guests to “bug off” with the Hartz UltraGuard Flea & Tick Collar for Cats. A convenient alternative to topical flea applications, this collar starts working fast to kill and repel fleas and ticks. It also prevents flea eggs from hatching, which stops the flea cycle by preventing re-infestation. And as an added bonus, the breakaway design easily comes off in the event your cat gets caught on something, so you never have to worry about him choking or getting trapped. The best part? It works for seven long months, even if it gets wet, so you can go worry-free for more than half a year.
- Water-resistant flea and tick collar is an easy alternative to traditional topical flea treatments.
- Works for an impressive 7 months to effectively kill and repel fleas and ticks.
- Also prevents flea eggs from hatching to stop the flea life cycle and prevent re-infestation.
- Breakaway design will come apart if your cat gets caught on something.
- Adjustable design can be cut to fit your cat’s neck, and it features a clean, fresh scent.
HAZARDS TO HUMANS: Harmful if swallowed. Avoid breathing vapors. Avoid contact with eyes. Wash hands with soap and water after using. DO NOT LET CHILDREN PLAY WITH THIS COLLAR.
HAZARDS TO DOMESTIC ANIMALS: Avoid contact with eyes. If in eyes, flush with water. Do not use on any meat or milk producing animals. Sensitivities may occur after using ANY pesticide product for pets. If signs of sensitivity occur, bathe your pet with mild soap and rinse with large amounts of water. If signs continue, consult a veterinarian immediately.
FIRST AID: Call a poison control center or doctor immediately for treatment advice. IF SWALLOWED: Have person sip a glass of water if able to swallow. Do not induce vomiting unless told to do so by the poison control center or doctor. Do not give anything by mouth to an unconscious person. IF INHALED: Move person to fresh air. If person is not breathing, call 911 an ambulance, then give artificial respiration, preferably by mouth-to-mouth, if possible. IF IN EYES: Hold eye open and rinse slowly and gently with water for 15 - 20 minutes. Remove contact lenses, if present, after the first 5 minutes, then continue rinsing eye.
How it works
The collar will begin to kill fleas, ticks and flea eggs and larvae immediately. Its full protection against harder to kill ticks will be built up within a few days after being placed on the pet. For continuous flea and tick protection under normal conditions replace the collar every seven months. Under conditions where pets are exposed to severe flea and tick infestations, it may be necessary to replace the collar more frequently. Wetting will not impair the collar's effectiveness or the pet's protection. If the pet goes swimming or is out in the rain it is not necessary to remove the collar. The collar may be worn with a regular collar.
Storage and Disposal
Do not contaminate water, food or feed by storage and disposal.
- Pesticide Storage: Store this product in a cool, dry place that is inaccessible to children.
- Pesticide Disposal: If empty: Nonrefillable container. Do not reuse or refill this container. Offer for recycling, if available. If partly filled: Call your local solid waste agency for disposal instructions. Never place unused product down any indoor or outdoor drain.
Harmful if swallowed or absorbed through skin. Causes moderate eye irritation. Avoid contact with eyes, skin or clothing. Wash hands thoroughly with soap and water after handling and before eating, drinking, chewing gum, using tobacco or using the toilet.
Contains an organophosphate that inhibits cholinesterase.
- If swallowed: Call a Poison Control Center or doctor immediately for treatment advice. Have person sip a glass of water if able to swallow. Do not induce vomiting unless told to do so by a Poison Control Center or doctor. Do not give anything by mouth to an unconscious person.
- If on skin or clothing: Take off contaminated clothing. Rinse skin immediately with plenty of water for 15-20 minutes. Call a Poison Control Center or doctor for treatment advice.
- If in eyes: Hold eye open and rinse slowly and gently with water for 15-20 minutes. Remove contact lenses, if present, after the first 5 minutes, then continue rinsing eye. Call a Poison Control Center or doctor for treatment advice. Have the product container or label with you when calling a Poison Control Center or doctor, or going for treatment.
See all items by Hartz