Hartz UltraGuard ProMax Flea & Tick Cat Collar, Purple, 2 count
- FREE access to chat with licensed vets 7 days a week.
- Save 5% on all future Autoship orders.
- No fees, no commitments - cancel Autoship anytime.
Frequently Bought Together
About This Item
- The patented and flexible collar design has a smooth interior surface that helps keep your paw-tner comfortable and protected.
- Kills fleas, ticks, flea eggs and flea larvae. It even prevents flea eggs from hatching!
- The long-tapered end is thread through a secure dual buckle system for easy application.
- The pre-determined breakaway point provides added safety.
- Each tin comes with 2, 7-month collars that offer 14 consecutive months of flea and tick protection.
Pet Lovers Also Bought
- PetArmor CapAction Flea Tablets for Cats, 6 Tablets$24.99Chewy Price$28.99List Price$23.74Autoship Price
- Capstar Flea Oral Treatment for Cats, 2-25 lbs, 6 Tablets$36.99Chewy Price$40.99List Price$35.14Autoship Price
- Catego Flea & Tick Spot Treatment for Cats, over 1.5 lbs, 3 Doses (3-mos. supply)$29.77Chewy Price$39.99List Price$28.28Autoship Price
- Sentry FiproGuard Flea & Tick Spot Treatment for Cats, over 1.5 lbs, 3 Doses (3-mos. supply)$19.90Chewy Price$29.99List Price$18.90Autoship Price
- Advantage II Flea Spot Treatment for Cats, 2-5 lbs, 2 Doses (2-mos. supply)$22.98Chewy Price$27.98List Price$21.83Autoship Price
- Advantage II Flea Spot Treatment for Cats, 5-9 lbs, & Ferrets, 6 Doses (6-mos. supply)$59.98Chewy Price$56.98Autoship Price
- Advantage II Flea Spot Treatment for Cats, over 9 lbs, 4 Doses (4-mos. supply)$34.98Chewy Price$44.98List Price$33.23Autoship Price
- Frontline Gold Flea & Tick Spot Treatment for Cats, over 1.5 lbs, 3 Doses (3-mos. supply)$49.99Chewy Price$57.99List Price$47.49Autoship Price
- Cheristin Flea Spot Treatment for Cats, over 1.8 lbs, 3 Doses (3-mos. supply)$37.99Chewy Price$36.09Autoship Price
- Virbac EFFIPRO Flea & Tick Spot Treatment for Cats, over 1.5 lbs, 3 Doses (3-mos. supply)$36.16Chewy Price$34.35Autoship Price
- Natural Chemistry De Flea Pet & Bedding Spray for Cats, 8-oz spray$10.49Chewy Price$9.97Autoship Price
- Le Salon Essentials Flea Cat Comb$4.99Chewy Price
Questions & Answers
5 Customer Questions
ReviewsWrite a Review
62 Customer Reviews
I purchased this collar after a housemate of mine recommended it. It comes in a round tin that pleased me very much. Inside are two collars wrapped in separate plastic bags. When you open one, you'll find that the purple collar has a bit of white powdery residue all over it that I believe to be the insecticide. My 2 yo male cat spends time both indoors and outdoors. He likes to play with the other outdoor cats, many of whom are unfortunately covered in fleas and had given some to him last month. I restarted my cat's monthly flea medication, which I had unfortunately neglected, and the collar provides extra protection. Since it arrived in the mail, he's been out of quarantine and is able to go outside again. The collar is doing a great job of keeping his friends' fleas off of him. I loosen it a bit when I brush him and tighten it again before I let him outside, but I plan to keep it on his neck until the 7 months are up.
Flea infestation a week after using
Have to say I'm disappointed in this product. I found a flea on one of my dogs, I have 2 dogs and 2 cats. Check the other animals with a flea comb. Nothing. So I bought these as a preventative measure. All 4 animals a week later were totally infested. Ended up bombing the house and flea baths and giving them a different medication. Won't be buying again. It's the first time they've gotten fleas like that.
Waste of money
I bought these instead of seresto this year because they’re cheaper and had good reviews. They came in a similar tin as seresto but they did absolutely nothing for my cats, they still have fleas therefore I wasted a ton of money that could have went towards better collars. Do not recommend.
Smells good, but that's about it.
I have 4 indoor & 2 outdoor cats. I bought these as a cheaper alternative to Seresto... I should have spent the extra money. They smell good, but sadly about all they did was make all the fleas go to the cats heads.
DID NOT WORK
We have 5,1year old rescue cats that are in and out cats. We have had these ultra Guard Pro Max collars on them for 5 weeks. 4 of the 5 cats still scratching continuously. We can comb them out and get 6-12 flea's every time. I know these are 7 month collars but I feel like 5 weeks is sufficient enough time to curb the fleas.
Pretty Purple Protection against pests
Fleas can definitely become a huge problem in our household so these are perfect. They fit easily and I’m so happy they last seven months. I have a female cat who is elderly and allergic to fleas, so bad she will lick herself bald trying to get rid of them. I will have to buy a couple more packages because we have five indoor kitties and four outdoor. I like that these come in a nice tin, then are individually wrapped because of my total count of kitties. Purple is a great color for all of my cats and since they all wear collars these won’t be uncomfortable for any of them. These collars protect, repel and kill existing fleas then kills eggs, even larvae to prevent infestations, which is a powerful thing when it comes to keeping fleas under control. One of my cats can handle topical flea drops and foams at the mouth and my vet said she is extra sensitive to the ingredients in the solution. This works well for her and doesn’t overload her system. Harts you’ve done it again!!!
HARTZ Ultraguard ProMax purple flea & tick cat collars
I received a complementry sample from HARTZ in exchange for my honest opinion of their Ultraguard ProMax purple flea & tick cat collars. I first noticed the insecticide isn't released until you pull & stretch the collar so no worries of getting it all over your hands.The collars are adjustable to fit comfortable around your cats neck. Best of all they really work killing live fleas, preventing new hatching larvae. I feel so good knowing my kitties are protected and I can have them home delivered thru CHEWY.com.
Hartz Ultraguard Promax collar.
I have this on one of my cats she's a longer haired cat. I'm not sure how well this is working. I know the seresto worked really well on them. But this one doesn't seem to be working as well she strictly an inside cat.
Great Collars That Work!
The Hartz UltraGuard ProMAX Flea & Tick Collar has worked very well for our family. I actually saw a flea on one of our dogs a few days before we received the Hartz collars for our cats and dog. Since using the collars, we haven’t seen any more. Two collars come in the tin for the cats. With their comfort technology, these collars are comfortable and adjustable for any sized cat. It’s also very easy to use. Just open the package, pull it apart, insert the collar into the secure dual buckle system, put it over your cat’s head, tighten, and cut off the excess collar. I love that I can easily get it on and off but my cat can’t. Though, it does have pre-determined break away points if my cat get herself caught somewhere, giving me peace of mind. It’s very soft and flexible. After initially putting it on her, she seemed to not even realize it was there. I love that it offers full body protection. It prevents fleas from hatching and it kills and repels fleas, ticks, flea eggs, and flea larvae for 14 months. So far, it really seems to be working. My cats and I highly recommend it! I received this item to try in exchange for an honest review. My opinions are 100% mine and of my cats.
best flea & tick collar
I love Hartz products, they're so reliable and work great. When I got these to try out, I was excited because I hate seeing them scratching all the time. I like that these aren't stiff like other collars, these are soft and flexible and move with your cat. The dual buckle system keeps collars securely on. They offer head to tail protection from fleas, ticks, flea eggs, flea larvae and prevents flea eggs from hatching. They're durable and provide 7 months of protection. Two collars come in a container giving you a total of 14 months protection, unless you have more than one cat. They're very easy to use and I love that they're purple.