Hill's Prescription Diet k/d Kidney Care with Ocean Fish Dry Cat Food
- FREE access to chat with licensed vets 7 days a week.
- Save 5% on all future Autoship orders.
- No fees, no commitments - cancel Autoship anytime.
Frequently Bought Together
About This Item
- Protects vital kidney and heart function and supports the natural ability to build lean muscle daily.
- Enhanced Appetite Trigger (E.A.T.) technology helps stimulate the appetite and increase caloric intake.
- Made with controlled phosphorus and low sodium, plus therapeutic levels of l-carnitine and omega-3 fatty acids.
- Also includes high levels of essential amino acids, which are the building blocks of protein.
- Made in USA and clinically tested to improve and lengthen the quality of life.
Pet Lovers Also Bought
- Hill's Prescription Diet k/d Kidney Care Pate with Tuna Wet Cat Food, 5.5-oz, case of 24$65.99Chewy Price$62.69Autoship Price
- Hill's Prescription Diet k/d Kidney Care Chicken & Vegetable Stew Wet Cat Food, 2.9-oz, case of 24$50.99Chewy Price$48.44Autoship Price
- Hill's Prescription Diet k/d Kidney Care with Chicken Dry Cat Food, 8.5-lb bag$63.99Chewy Price$60.79Autoship Price
- Hill's Prescription Diet k/d Kidney Care + Mobility Care with Chicken Dry Cat Food, 6.35-lb bag$58.99Chewy Price$56.04Autoship Price
- Royal Canin Veterinary Diet Adult Renal Support A Dry Cat Food, 3-lb bag$28.99Chewy Price$27.54Autoship Price
- Hill's Prescription Diet k/d Kidney Care with Chicken Wet Cat Food, 5.5-oz, case of 24$65.99Chewy Price$62.69Autoship Price
- Royal Canin Veterinary Diet Adult Renal Support S Dry Cat Food, 3-lb bag$28.99Chewy Price$27.54Autoship Price
- Hill's Prescription Diet k/d Kidney Care Vegetable & Tuna Stew Wet Cat Food, 2.9-oz, case of 24, bundle of 4$203.96Chewy Price$193.76Autoship Price
- Royal Canin Veterinary Diet Adult Renal Support F Dry Cat Food, 3-lb bag$28.99Chewy Price$27.54Autoship Price
- Purina Pro Plan Veterinary Diets NF Kidney Function Early Care Dry Cat Food, 8-lb bag$52.99Chewy Price$50.34Autoship Price
- Royal Canin Veterinary Diet Adult Renal Support Early Consult Dry Cat Food, 8.8-lb bag$65.99Chewy Price$62.69Autoship Price
- Purina Pro Plan Veterinary Diets NF Kidney Function Advanced Care Wet Cat Food, 5.5-oz, case of 24$58.99Chewy Price$56.04Autoship Price
Compare Similar Items
|Top Ingredients||Brown Rice, Corn Gluten Meal, Pork Fat...||Potatoes, Potato Starch, Salmon...||Chicken, Whole Grain Corn, Corn Gluten Meal...||Water, Chicken, Pork Liver...||Ocean Fish, Cracked Pearled Barley, Whole Grain Oats...|
|Special Diet||Veterinary Diet, With Grain||Pea-Free, Veterinary Diet, With Grain||Pea-Free, Veterinary Diet, With Grain||Pea-Free, Veterinary Diet, With Grain||Veterinary Diet, With Grain|
|Food Flavor||Seafood & Fish||Seafood & Fish||Chicken, Poultry||Chicken, Poultry||Seafood & Fish|
|Health Feature||Kidney Care||Urinary Tract Health||Urinary Tract Health||Urinary Tract Health||Heart Care, Urinary Tract Health|
|Food Form||Dry Food||Dry Food||Dry Food||Dry Food||Dry Food|
Questions & Answers
14 Customer Questions
ReviewsWrite a Review
418 Customer Reviews
I bought a 3 lb bag of this cat food first to be sure my cat would eat it. When he did eat it and liked it I bought the 8.5 lb bag, but strangely the food in the 8.5 bag is not the same as in the 3 lb bag. My cat eats it but doesn't like it near as much as the 3 lb bag. So I will recorder the 3 lb bag and stick with that.
Rx food my cats will actually eat!
After a couple of tweaks in my cat's diet, we landed on the k/d Kidney Care formula. He didn't love the chicken flavor for some reason, but has enjoyed the ocean fish much more. Chewy also confirms the Rx and ships the food out in record time - which is always both amazing and super appreciated, because time is of the essence. Thanks, Chewy!
My cat and her kidneys like it!
This food was recommended by her vet after she had to have surgery to remove 2 pesky bladder stones. She can't get enough of this food, which is really important since she is not allowed any other kind of food! It seems pricey, but definitely cheaper than dealing with another stone. We have only tried the fish flavor so far...nice to know there is another flavor if we need to switch it up. There's also a wet food option.
Happy, Healthy Cats
When we needed to switch to a K/D diet, we tried a couple of different flavors and types.. When we tried the Hills K/D Tuna Pate, we crossed our fingers and held our breath. Success! Both cats LOVE it! The Chewy customer representatives were awesome..so kind, helpful, and patient. Great staff+ great cat food= two happy cats and their relieved mom and dad!
My Princess Bootsie has been eating this for a minute and She Loves it. She happily transitioned to the script wet and dry due to kidney issue and has never turned her nose up once. 5 paws
This must be tasty!
My 18 year old kitty has been on various "diet foods" due to bladder and kidney problems. Many he didn't like, but we hit the jackpot with this one! He happily munches his way thru his bowl when it contains this k/d dry food in it. This is a great relief to his 'Mom'! And being a Chewy customer makes it so easy and quick to have this food on hand!!
Whole Foods small pieces and must taste pretty good as my cat loves to eat it after not eating other prescription diet.
Tried to entice our older girl with a switch from the chicken flavor. She eats this about as much enthusiasm as the dry chicken and the canned stew. Much prefers the Blue Buffalo that our younger cats eat but it's unfortunately off limits to her. Sigh.
Prescribed by vet but cats say it's so-so
It's good for their kidneys but they're not especially keen on it. Tried them with the pate version and both opted for the kibble so at least I know it's better than the alternative but, they'd much rather have dessert.
New kd cat
Kitty is transitioning to her last diet. She has always loved dry food but all of a sudden had a lot of trouble eating it. She didn’t like the chicken kd dry cat flavor. She likes this one better but still has trouble with hard kibbles. I take a little bit of the food and put in her bowl with some warm water and wait 10-15 minutes before serving it to her. It is much softer then and she’s able to eat some of it. Don’t leave the mushy dry food out all day though- make your kitty a new batch 2-3 times a day depending on feeding frequency so it is fresh. My kitty doesn’t eat too much so I make very small batches at a time and supplement with the canned kd stew flavors.