Hill's Prescription Diet z/d Skin/Food Sensitivities Original Flavor Dry Dog Food
- FREE access to chat with licensed vets 7 days a week.
- Save 5% on all future Autoship orders.
- No fees, no commitments - cancel Autoship anytime.
Frequently Bought Together
About This Item
- Helps improve your dog’s digestion and stool quality with highly hydrolyzed protein.
- Helps eliminate food-related causes of skin irritation and results in a visible improvement of the skin and coat.
- Helps maintain a healthy skin barrier and enriched with essential fatty acid.
- Clinically proven antioxidants are added for optimal health benefits, plus it’s developed with a single carbohydrate source—cornstarch.
- Skin/Food Sensitivities recipe has not changed—it offers the same great taste and benefits as it did prior to the introduction of the S+OXSHIELD seal of confidence.
Pet Lovers Also Bought
- Hill's Prescription Diet z/d Skin/Food Sensitivities Small Bites Original Flavor Dry Dog Food, 7 lb bag$46.99Chewy Price$44.64Autoship Price
- Hill's Prescription Diet z/d Skin/Food Sensitivities Original Flavor Wet Dog Food, 13-oz, case of 12$58.99Chewy Price$56.04Autoship Price
- Hill's Prescription Diet Derm Complete Original Flavor Wet Dog Food, 13-oz, case of 12$59.99Chewy Price$56.99Autoship Price
- Hill's Prescription Diet d/d Skin/Food Sensitivities Potato & Salmon Recipe Dry Dog Food, 25-lb bag$119.99Chewy Price$113.99Autoship Price
- Hill's Prescription Diet d/d Skin/Food Sensitivities Potato & Venison Dry Dog Food, 25-lb bag$124.99Chewy Price$118.74Autoship Price
- Hill's Prescription Diet d/d Skin/Food Sensitivities Potato & Duck Recipe Dry Dog Food, 25-lb bag$119.99Chewy Price$113.99Autoship Price
- Hill's Prescription Diet Derm Complete Dry Dog Food, 6.5-lb bag$43.99Chewy Price$41.79Autoship Price
- Purina Pro Plan Veterinary Diets HA Hydrolyzed Chicken Flavor Wet Dog Food, 13.3-oz, case of 12$53.99Chewy Price$51.29Autoship Price
- Blue Buffalo Natural Veterinary Diet HF Hydrolyzed for Food Intolerance Grain-Free Dry Dog Food, 22-lb bag$94.98Chewy Price$94.99List Price$90.23Autoship Price
- Royal Canin Veterinary Diet Hydrolyzed Protein HP Dry Dog Food, 25.3-lb bag$121.99Chewy Price$115.89Autoship Price
- Blue Buffalo Natural Veterinary Diet HF Hydrolyzed for Food Intolerance Grain-Free Wet Dog Food, 12.5-oz, case of 12$51.48Chewy Price$48.91Autoship Price
- Purina Pro Plan Veterinary Diets HA Hydrolyzed Salmon Flavor Dry Dog Food, 6-lb bag$43.99Chewy Price$48.99List Price$41.79Autoship Price
Compare Similar Items
|Top Ingredients||Corn Starch, Hydrolyzed Chicken Liver, Powdered Cellulose...||Whole Grain Corn, Brewers Rice, Chicken Meal...||Whole Grain Wheat, Whole Grain Corn, Chicken Meal...||Wheat Flour, Whole Grain Wheat, Chicken Meal...||Potatoes, Potato Starch, Salmon...|
|Breed Size||Small Breeds, Medium Breeds, Large Breeds...||Small Breeds, Medium Breeds, Large Breeds...||Small Breeds, Medium Breeds, Large Breeds...||Small Breeds, Medium Breeds, Large Breeds...||Small Breeds, Medium Breeds, Large Breeds...|
|Special Diet||Pea-Free, Veterinary Diet, Hydrolyzed Protein||Pea-Free, Veterinary Diet, With Grain||Veterinary Diet, Weight Control, With Grain||Pea-Free, Veterinary Diet, With Grain||Gluten Free, Grain-Free, Pea-Free, Veterinary Diet, Chicken-Free|
|Food Flavor||Chicken, Poultry||Chicken, Poultry||Chicken, Poultry||Chicken, Poultry||Salmon, Seafood & Fish|
|Health Feature||Skin & Coat Health||Urinary Tract Health||Weight Management||Hip & Joint Support||Skin & Coat Health|
Questions & Answers
36 Customer Questions
ReviewsWrite a Review
869 Customer Reviews
The z/d formula was updated and I was afraid it would be changed. Whatever they did, it did not change the wonderful aroma and beautiful nuggets that we were used to. It seems like my dog cannot tolerate any protein, so I am back to feeding her the prescription diet. It was the only food that did not make her scratch constantly. At first I thought it was only chicken but in the last 6 months, it seems to be that any protein causes the allergy to start up. So we are back to this food. We had good results last time, hopefully it will work again. She loves this food.
Inmate K-9 on Hunger Strike
Our Gus, the German Shepherd, has a suspected food allergy (sores on his feet from licking them, and very itchy. Our vet recommended we try this food. He liked it for a week, and it's a week later, and Inmate K-9 is now on hunger strike. He used to eat 1 cup of kibble 3 times a day, and now he's down to only eating once a day, and we have to beg and coax him to do that. I don't know what food we'll try next to address his allergies, but at almost twice the price of his former kibble, this one is seriously detested by poor Gus.
Best for my shih tzu
We've literally tried all kinds and brands of high end dog food, low end dog food and food for sensitive dogs. This food was recommended by my vet, and prescription was given after I finally gave up trying to fix his issues myself. This food is the one that has helped him. He's never looked it felt better. Granted when he's dirty he still stinks like a wet dog, but he no longer chews his hair off, and he's getting a nice thick coat of hair. He can focus on being a shih tzu without constant chewing and scratching himself. We use the prescription treats also. The food is readily eaten by both my dogs, and they love the treats as well.
We have tried other online pet stores, but have always had problems, either shipping wrong size or not being available over the weekend if you have issues. We have never had any issues with Chewy. Orders are always prompt and I know that I can call at any time and get a human on the phone. Thank you Chewy!
Our German Shepherd puppy has severe food allergies, and we put him on this food while we try to isolate the allergens. He loves these chicken-flavored pellets, and will eat them dry or with a bit of warm water mixed in. Frankly, we have never owned a dog who would eat straight kibble without an assortment of add-ins.Thus, we were mildly shocked when our puppy gobbled these up!
This is not the original formula that my dogs have been eating for the past 3 years, and they will not touch this food. Why do companies feel the need to change dog food all the time? Unless you are making it better, just create a new food and don't change the old, please!!
Diagnosed with IBD
Too early to tell. My dog has been very sick. After a 2 month process Sally was diagnosed with IBD and we are on a food trial plus medicine. This is our 2nd bag, smells great and she seems to like the flavor. Until she is off the medicine we won’t know if the ZD food diet will work for her. Chewy has been helpful and understanding our difficult situation, I wouldn’t shop anywhere else!
Bella Loves it!
Our JRT can't survive without it. She can't handle any other food. She will bite her skin to the point of drawing blood creating horrible sores and bald spots. The itching and biting even keeps her up at night when we try any other food. WE RECOMMEND IT VERY HIGHLY FOR DOGS WITH SKIN SENSITIVIES! IT HAD BEEN A LIFE SAVER FOR OUR DOG AND US! I SINCERELY HOPE IT HELPS EVERY DOG THAT TRIES IT!
perfect prescription for Cooper
of course this diet is prescribed and works great but ordering from Chewy makes it seamless. Gets here so quickly!
He's doing better!
Scruffy has just started on Hills z/d and seems to be doing better. Gaining weight and feeling peppy. Have ordered and received the larger bag of food and now on automatic order. Since this is a new food for him, not sure when additional food will be needed. How can I change order? Thanks.