Hill's Prescription Diet Gastrointestinal Biome Chicken Flavor Dry Dog Food
- FREE access to chat with licensed vets 7 days a week.
- Save 5% on all future Autoship orders.
- No fees, no commitments - cancel Autoship anytime.
Frequently Bought Together
About This Item
- This prescription formula is designed to support the bacteria in your dog's gut.
- Utilizes Hill's ActivBiome Technology—a mixture of active fibers that may help improve regularity.
- Encourages the release of postbiotics to support the GI tract and help break down food.
- Works to promote regular, healthy stool and reduce the risk of future episodes.
- Formulated by Hill's trusted nutritionists and veterinarians.
Pet Lovers Also Bought
- Hill's Prescription Diet i/d Digestive Care Chicken Flavor Dry Dog Food, 27.5-lb bag$110.99Chewy Price$105.44Autoship Price
- Hill's Prescription Diet Gastrointestinal Biome Chicken & Vegetable Stew Wet Dog Food, 12.5-oz, case of 12$56.99Chewy Price$54.14Autoship Price
- Hill's Prescription Diet i/d Digestive Care with Turkey Wet Dog Food, 13-oz, case of 12$48.99Chewy Price$46.54Autoship Price
- Hill's Prescription Diet i/d Digestive Care Low Fat Chicken Flavor Dry Dog Food, 8.5-lb bag$49.99Chewy Price$47.49Autoship Price
- Hill's Prescription Diet i/d Digestive Care Chicken & Vegetable Stew Wet Dog Food, 12.5-oz, case of 12$52.99Chewy Price$50.34Autoship Price
- Hill's Prescription Diet i/d Digestive Care Small Bites Chicken Flavor Dry Dog Food, 7-lb bag$47.99Chewy Price$45.59Autoship Price
- Hill's Prescription Diet i/d Digestive Care Low Fat Original Flavor Pate Wet Dog Food, 13-oz, case of 12$48.99Chewy Price$46.54Autoship Price
- Hill's Prescription Diet i/d Digestive Care Low Fat Rice, Vegetable & Chicken Stew Wet Dog Food, 12.5-oz, case of 12, bundle of 2$105.98Chewy Price$100.68Autoship Price
- Hill's Prescription Diet i/d Digestive Care Stress Chicken Flavor Dry Dog Food, 14.33-lb bag$90.99Chewy Price$86.44Autoship Price
- Royal Canin Veterinary Diet Adult Gastrointestinal Low Fat Loaf Canned Dog Food, 13.5-oz, case of 24$110.16Chewy Price$104.65Autoship Price
- Hill's Prescription Diet z/d Skin/Food Sensitivities Original Flavor Wet Dog Food, 13-oz, case of 12$58.99Chewy Price$56.04Autoship Price
- Purina Pro Plan Veterinary Diets EN Gastroenteric Low Fat Wet Dog Food, 13.4-oz, case of 12$46.99Chewy Price$44.64Autoship Price
Compare Similar Items
|Price Per Unit|
|Top Ingredients||Chicken, Cracked Pearled Barley, Brewers Rice...||Whole Grain Wheat, Whole Grain Corn, Chicken Meal...||New: Brewers Rice, Whole Grain Corn, Chicken Meal...||Brown Rice, Brewers Rice, Chicken Fat...||Brown Rice, Brewers Rice, Pork Fat...|
|Breed Size||Small Breeds, Medium Breeds, Large Breeds...||Small Breeds, Medium Breeds, Large Breeds...||Small Breeds, Medium Breeds, Large Breeds...||Small Breeds, Medium Breeds, Large Breeds...||Small Breeds, Medium Breeds, Large Breeds...|
|Special Diet||Pea-Free, Veterinary Diet, Sensitive Digestion, With Grain||Veterinary Diet, Weight Control, With Grain||Veterinary Diet, Sensitive Digestion, With Grain||Pea-Free, Veterinary Diet, With Grain||Pea-Free, Veterinary Diet, With Grain|
|Food Flavor||Chicken, Poultry||Chicken, Poultry||Chicken, Poultry||Lamb, Meat||Chicken, Poultry|
|Health Feature||Digestive Health||Weight Management||Digestive Health||Kidney Care||Kidney Care|
Questions & Answers
16 Customer Questions
ReviewsWrite a Review
457 Customer Reviews
I have only been using this just under 2 weeks, but it started working right away and is still working magic. My dog has chronic diarrhea. He'll be fine for 6 or 8 months and then not fine for several months, possibly triggered by him eating things in the yard he shouldn't. A couple rounds of metronidazole usually works, but that's not healthy on a repeated basis. My vet suggested this food and after reading reviews, I decided to try this instead of the GI food i usually get. It really does work!! I'm going to try to work in some of his regular food 50/50, like another reviewer mentioned, but for now I'm just so happy with his picture perfect poops!
my 10 month old miniature dachshund was struggling with diarrhea issues for the longest time. he’d go on medication for it but as soon as he finished the dose, the diarrhea would start again. he was previously on the purina pro plan puppy lamb and rice dry food, and i have nothing against that! he loved it for the longest time! however, around the same time as the bathroom issues started, he began to not want to eat his food. i guess it just wasn’t satisfying him anymore. so after a few vet visits, his veterinarian recommended the hills prescription gastrointestinal biome diet! safe to say this helped solve his issue!!! my little guy has a sensitive stomach!! and this food cleared his stool right up! He also suffered with anal gland issues, which was most likely caused from the soft stool and not being able to express those with a solid stool. I STRONGLY recommend this food to other dog owners who may be struggling with the same issue or who just want a bland diet for their pups!
It's true - within one day of switching to Gastrointestinal Biome full strength, my girl Rosie had normal poop. So far, it's the only food that has worked for her. It also seems that in spite of the recommendation that no other food should be introduced, regular dog treats and a little bit of cheese seem fine.
Agree it’s miracle food
was worried because of the concerning things other pet parents said about Hills Science but my vet recommended this formula when my French Bulldog was having the worst stools. Nothing else worked except for THIS. Whenever we try to wean off of it symptoms return. Clearly this works with his body. He does well with a 50 50 blend of this food with another brand and our vet is happy with that. We are grateful for this food!
This worked almost immediately to settle my dog's stomach. We first tested for parasites, and there were none. Still his extremely loose stool persisted. After less than 24 hours, his stool was great! We finished the small bag, and he's now back on his usual food.
My 8 year old boxer mix has had issues with loose stools for years. After a particularly terrible case of colitis the vet put her on Purina EN canned food but the diarrhea continued so they suggested this as the holy grail food for dogs with diarrhea. They were so right because it’s been a night and day difference. As soon as she was on the majority of this food versus the Purina EN (I switched her slowly to be safe) her stool firmed up. As an added bonus she’s now drinking more water than she was before which was an issue previously. This food seems to have her feeling better all over. It is very expensive but it is well worth the money to stop the diarrhea. She sometimes acts picky about eating it but I find that just a few pieces of freeze dried chicken liver treats crumbled over it does the trick and doesn’t seem to cause any digestive upset.
Like a miracle
My dog has been to so many vets and tried so many prescription diets, supplements, you name it, and never got any better. By the third day on Gastrointestinal Biome he had consistently firm, good, poops. His chronic diarrhea, stomach pain, and lack of appetite are all resolved and I’m just so happy to see him finally feeling good.
Tummy trouble getting better!
I bought this food because my senior Beagle started having loose stools after eating her long-time healthy weight diet, the same food my son feeds his dog who is much younger and had similar symptoms. For the most part, it's helping. Mine did have a day of loose stools about a month in, but she's already doing better. She loves the taste, too, and hasn't missed a meal!
Life changing nutrition for my senior Newf
My senior newfy girl's digestion changed as she got older. She could no longer enjoy her regular food without gastro problems. We tried changing her food, every other week of boiled chicken and rice, Metronidazole, Tylan, prebiotics, probiotics, you name it we tried it - everything under the sun. Our reg vet suggested we see an IM specialist and they recommended this food. It was lifechanging. Her poops are small and firm, no more mucus in her stools. Leaves no residue when we pick it up.. She's our happy girl again. It is expensive, but our furkids are worth it.
Absolute Digestive Turnaround within 24 Hours
This was recommended for out 6-month Golden mix who had been having some semi-serious digestive problems for a few months, mostly in the form of very soft stools. That's a problem on a number of levels in terms of nutritional absorption, and after he tested negative for parasites (twice) the vet suggested this food. Also note that we'd tried things like plain chicken and rice with no real improvement, so the hope was that this food might be a better fit. Well, "better" doesn't even fit, because it was a 100% improvement in less than 24 hours! By the evening of the first day his stool was already just about back to normal, and by the next morning it was completely there! So, though it is obviously a bit on the expensive side, in this case it's absolutely worth it. It just works, simple as that.