K&H Pet Products Extra-Wide Outdoor Unheated Kitty House
Frequently Bought Together
About This Item
- Vinyl backing and 600 denier nylon construction create a water-resistant shelter. Velcro roof for easy assembly (no tools required!)
- Great for outdoor cats. Large shelter that can be used by multiple cats at once and protects from rain, wind, and snow.
- Excellent to be used use in barns, garages, porches or anywhere an outdoor cat needs additional warmth and protection. Can also be used indoors.
- Features two exits with removable door flaps so your cats can't be trapped by predators.
- Includes machine washable, 100% polyester Berber pad.
Pet Lovers Also Bought
- Frisco Indoor Unheated Cat House, Gray$51.73Chewy Price
- dealK&H Pet Products Heated A-Frame Cat House, Gray/Black$63.29Chewy Price$98.99List Price
- Frisco Extra Wide Indoor Unheated Cat House, Red$45.73Chewy Price$56.46List Price
- K&H Pet Products Outdoor Unheated Kitty House Cat Shelter, Barn$64.66Chewy Price$91.99List Price
- dealK&H Pet Products Outdoor Heated Kitty House Extra-Wide Cat Shelter, Red/Black$111.99Chewy Price$173.99List Price
- K&H Pet Products Outdoor Heated Kitty House Cat Shelter, Log Cabin$72.99Chewy Price$155.99List Price
- Petsfit Outdoor Cat House w/ Scratching Pad, Gray$159.99Chewy Price
- CatastrophiCreations Wall Mounted Wooden Cat Bridge, Natural, Medium$151.29Chewy Price$170.00List Price
- Frisco Double Cube Stackable & Collapsible Cat Condo, Gray$53.20Chewy Price$59.99List Price
- dealGo Pet Club 35-in Faux Fur Cat Tree, Beige$69.00Chewy Price
- Mau Lifestyle Uni 41-in Faux Fur Basket Bed Cat Tree, Brown$279.00Chewy Price
- CatastrophiCreations Sisal Cat Climbing Pole, 3-tier, English Chestnut$135.00Chewy Price$152.00List Price
Compare Similar Items
|Furniture Features||Outdoor, Removable Bed||Outdoor, Heated, Removable Bed||Outdoor, Removable Bed||Removable Bed||Outdoor, Heated, Removable Bed|
|Furniture Frame Material||Plastic||Plastic||Plastic||Plastic||Plastic|
|Tools Included||No Tools Required||No Tools Required||No Tools Required||No Tools Required||No Tools Required|
|Furniture Mount Type||Free Standing||Free Standing||Free Standing||Free Standing||Free Standing|
|Height Range||—||—||—||30 inches & under||—|
Questions & Answers
27 Customer Questions
ReviewsWrite a Review
268 Customer Reviews
Only Buy for Dry Climates
Don't buy this house for outdoor use if you live where there is rain or snow. It is NOT waterproof and leaks. Would be fine in super dry climates. House itself is sturdy and materials are very nice, but just didn't work for the Northern VA area. Even put the house on the deck under some waterproof chairs, but the floor leaked. Elevated the house to make an air gap from the deck flooring, but roof still leaked. Eventually gave up. Will try to sell during the next yard sale. Maybe someone would use for an indoor cat.
2018 and Still Working
I bought this in 2018 for a feral that adopted my house. He's gone now, but this house has seen many more. This thing is very sturdy, and the heated pad cover if you get the heated is washable. My feral's are very big girls, so I can say the roof is very sturdy.
Well made & easy to assemble
I bought it for feral cats to have shelter and am pleased to see them enjoying it on my covered deck.
Keeping him safe
The house is very sturdy and practical in the bad weather. I am still waiting for my little guy to go in, but at least I know he has the option. The extra exit flap is a must. This also looks cute on my deck right in front of my kitchen door. Thank you for sending it the next day. You are amazing. I will continue to order from you!
Get the heated one
These houses are nice and sturdy ! When it went down to 24° I wished I had gotten the heated one for just a little more. I got the self warming pads for inside so I hope they warm. 1 feral seems to be the boss so none of the other ferals (besides the 2 brothers/sisters) will use this. He goes back and forth between the heated and unheated houses so they both have his scent.
Roof doesn't fit exactly the house
and the plastic doors are stopped by the padded cushion. I called to ask if anyone had a fix. All the person wanted to do is to know my order number which I didn't have in front of me. I said, "It doesn't matter. I am just asking for a fix. She said she didn't know. Does taping the hole work? And do I have to take the doors off? She wants only to know about sending a replacement which probably would be exactly the same problem . You don't teach people how to solve a problem?
K&H are GREAT
I have used the outdoor K&H products for my cats for years. I like the extra wide because it gives my cats lots of space to be comfy. When winter comes, they stay in the houses all night and usually only come out during the warmer daytime hours. I only use my houses on my covered porch out of the rain. My cats love these houses and stay nice and cozy in them. Thank you K&H for your well made products!
Velcro not zippered
I am disappointed in double cat houses I received.Advertised as having zippered roofs these are nothing but held together by velcro. I have been happy with zippered houses I have bought before but these will hardly hold together this winter. I expected to receive at least the same quality as before if not better but got less. Better change your advertisement!!!
Not really 'water resistant'
I assembled this as instructions said, first good rain and the inside is soaked. The door flaps don't seem to do anything to help vs rain. Seems like it defeats the purpose of being a shelter if it gets the cat wet. Yes this was placed on an uncovered deck, but the point of the house was to give shelter against elements. The only positives, easy to assemble and sturdy enough to support a cat sitting on the roof.
Not what I expected. I thought I ordered the heated one. I ordered by weight and it didn't fit. I am going to put it out for strays in this weather.