Onguard Plus Flea & Tick Spot Treatment for Dogs, 45-88 lbs
- FREE access to chat with licensed vets 7 days a week.
- Save 5% on all future Autoship orders.
- No fees, no commitments - cancel Autoship anytime.
Frequently Bought Together
About This Item
- Contains the same two active ingredients as the leading national topical flea and tick brand.
- Topical treatment kills all life stages of fleas and ticks on dogs at least eight weeks old and ranging from 45 to 88 pounds. Helps control infestations of chewing lice and sarcoptic mange mites.
- Helps break the flea life cycle and rids your dog of flea eggs, larvae, pupae and adults. Also kills tick larvae, nymphs and adults.
- Effective against fleas that cause flea allergy dermatitis as well as brown dog ticks, American dog ticks, lone star ticks and deer ticks that may carry Lyme disease, when used as directed.
- Redesigned applicator makes it easier to apply this long-lasting and waterproof treatment that provides protection even after your dog has a bath, or gets wet from the rain or plays in water.
Pet Lovers Also Bought
- Onguard Flea & Tick Spot Treatment for Dogs, 23-44 lbs, 6 Doses (6-mos. supply)$28.49Chewy Price$27.07Autoship Price
- Capstar Flea Oral Treatment for Dogs, over 25 lbs, 6 Tablets$36.99Chewy Price$40.99List Price$35.14Autoship Price
- PetArmor Plus Flea & Tick Spot Treatment for Dogs, 45-88 lbs, 6 Doses (6-mos. supply)$39.99Chewy Price$44.99List Price$37.99Autoship Price
- Onguard Flea & Tick Spot Treatment for Dogs, 89-132 lbs, 6 Doses (6-mos. supply)$28.49Chewy Price$27.07Autoship Price
- Frontline Gold Flea & Tick Treatment for Large Dogs, 45-88 lbs, 3 Doses (3-mos. supply)$49.99Chewy Price$57.99List Price$47.49Autoship Price
- Frontline Gold Flea & Tick Treatment for Extra Large Dogs, 89-132 lbs, 3 Doses (3-mos. supply)$49.99Chewy Price$57.99List Price$47.49Autoship Price
- K9 Advantix II Flea & Tick Spot Treatment for Dogs, over 55 lbs, 4 Doses (4-mos. supply)$49.98Chewy Price$47.48Autoship Price
- Onguard Flea & Tick Spot Treatment for Dogs, 5-22 lbs, 6 Doses (6-mos. supply)$28.49Chewy Price$27.07Autoship Price
- dealSeresto Flea & Tick Collar for Dogs, over 18 lbs, 1 Collar (8-mos. supply)$62.98Chewy Price$59.83Autoship Price
- K9 Advantix II Flea & Tick Spot Treatment for Dogs, 21-55 lbs, 6 Doses (6-mos. supply)$69.98Chewy Price$66.41Autoship Price
- SkinSmart Antimicrobial Skin & Wound Care Cat & Dog Spray, 8-oz bottle$15.99Chewy Price$15.19Autoship Price
- Frontline Shield Flea & Tick Treatment for Extra Large Dogs, 81 - 120 lbs, 6 doses (6-Month Protection)$74.82Chewy Price$84.99List Price$71.08Autoship Price
Compare Similar Items
|Top Ingredients||Active Ingredients: Fipronil 9.8%, (S)-Methoprene 8.8%.||Active Ingredients : Fipronil 9.8% , (S)-methoprene 8.8%.||Dinitefuran, Pyriproxyfen, Permethrin.||Dinitefuran, Pyriproxyfen, Permethrin.||Active Ingredients: Etofenprox: 55.0%, Piperonyl Butoxide*: 10.0%, N-octyl Bicycloheptene Dicarboximide (MGK 264): 1.0%...|
|Lifestage||Adult||Adult, Puppy, Senior||Puppy, Adult, Senior||Puppy, Adult, Senior||Adult, Puppy, Senior|
|Breed Size||Medium Breeds, Large Breeds||Medium Breeds, Large Breeds||Large Breeds||Medium Breeds||Medium Breeds, Large Breeds|
Questions & Answers
9 Customer Questions
ReviewsWrite a Review
113 Customer Reviews
I have used this as a preventative measure monthly on my dog and cat(the cat one) for about 6 months now. They got fleas last month while on it, and it did nothing to help them. The numbers kept going up while within the month of giving it, getting baths, and daily brushing. I will never be purchasing this brand again. Lesson learned to just stay with frontline or better.
This product did absolutrely nothing in killing or reducing flea numbers. I bought on the recommendation of Chewy. Yes the house was treated, even if it wasn't there should be some reduction of fleas on the animals. If anything they are worse
Onguard Plus Nothing
I haven't had any flea issues in over 15 yrs. I have 4 dogs now just lost one to old age. So Heartbroken right now. Anyway I have 3 under 20 lb dogs and gave them 1 pill 2 days straight of 25lbs and over CAPSTAR and one Golden I bought ONGUARD PLU for her also not working. I've also been using house and dog body ADAMS spray so I have been relentless in getting rid of these flea's. To no Avail. Nothing has worked NOTHING... I'm on a fixed budget so this is really costing me money I don't have for zero results. I'm moving on to Diatomaceous Earth since i've heard good thing's about it. I will dust my front yard and inside and my pets. It's non toxic food grade so crossing my fingers this will end the nightmare that is fleas !! oh and I even bathed them all in Dawn that worked momentarily :(
Does not affect ticks
Purchased as a way to maintain ticks while hiking through woody areas. As noted in the product description, this chemical does not prevent ticks but it should kill ticks shortly after coming in to contact with the dog's skin. This wasn't the case or at least it does not work fast enough for any true benefits. Across my three dogs I found multiple ticks embedded in their skin. I can't speak on the product's ability to kill fleas as my dogs did not have them prior to using this product nor after, but I highly would advise against using this product as a sole means for controlling ticks.
Dogs are happy
This product provided economical relief from flea itchies for my dogs. It took a couple of days for the full effect. Easy to apply. Chewy shipped it super fast, as always.
Two thumbs up.
I have used for multiple years on multiple dogs in Ohio. Great product, no issues, no fleas or ticks!
Skeptical but favorite
I was skeptical because I’ve had issues with other meds but these are fantastic. We live in the middle of rural Missouri and our backyard is Forrest and it keeps the ticks off
Works great for its price.
I live in South East Texas and fleas are bad year round. They are pretty effective in combination with monthly baths with flea shampoo with a capstar before the bath and would definitely recommend as an awesome cost effective flea prevention!
Didn’t work on my dogs
It may work on other dogs, but not mine and they’re not outside dogs. It’s back to the expensive, Vet prescribed treatments.
Does not work!
Do not buy! Doesn’t actually work. I’m going to have to order different meds now. Total waste of money.