Oxbow Orchard Grass Hay Small Animal Food
- FREE access to chat with licensed vets 7 days a week.
- Save 5% on all future Autoship orders.
- No fees, no commitments - cancel Autoship anytime.
Frequently Bought Together
About This Item
- Orchard Grass is a green, fruity-smelling grass hay which many small animals enjoy. To the untrained eye, it looks identical to timothy grass, but the seed heads have a different shape.
- Orchard Grass is a perennial cool season grass with flat leaf blades. The leaves vary in color from green to bluish-green depending on the maturity of the plant.
- Orchard Grass is recommended by veterinarians for small herbivores due to the nutritional content. Orchard Grass can be mixed with other grass hays when feeding your pet. This is encouraged because animals seem to like the variety. Mixing your grasses will encourage them to eat more hay, which is beneficial to the health of the animal.
- Hay is absolutely vital to the health of small herbivores. Orchard Grass also provides a long-strand fiber source that is needed to improve the digestive and intestinal functions by stimulating the digestive system.
- When animals are fed free-choice hay, it promotes their natural chewing behavior, which helps prevent molar spurs and other dental problems that are so common in these small herbivores.
Pet Lovers Also Bought
- Oxbow Essentials Chinchilla Food All Natural Chinchilla Food, 10-lb bag$20.91Chewy Price$26.99List Price$19.86Autoship Price
- Oxbow Essentials Hamster Food & Gerbil Food All Natural Hamster & Gerbil Food, 1-lb bag$5.52Chewy Price$6.49List Price$5.24Autoship Price
- Oxbow Essentials Mouse & Young Rat Food All Natural Mouse & Young Rat Food, 2.5lb.$10.19Chewy Price$11.99List Price$9.68Autoship Price
- ZuPreem Premium Daily Diet Ferret Food, 8-lb bag$34.12Chewy Price$41.49List Price$32.41Autoship Price
- DealOxbow Essentials Adult Rabbit Food All Natural Adult Rabbit Pellets, 10-lb bag$20.39Chewy Price$24.99List Price$19.37Autoship Price
- DealBrown's Tropical Carnival Gourmet Guinea Pig Food, 10-lb bag$35.49Chewy Price$47.39List Price$33.72Autoship Price
- Kaytee Forti-Diet Pro Health Juvenile Rabbit Food, 5-lb bag$8.99Chewy Price$9.99List Price$8.54Autoship Price
- DealBrown's Tropical Carnival Gourmet Rabbit Food, 5-lb bag$19.99Chewy Price$26.69List Price$18.99Autoship Price
- DealKaytee Fiesta Gourmet Variety Diet Mouse & Rat Food, 4.5-lb bag$13.99Chewy Price$18.99List Price$13.29Autoship Price
- Oxbow Oat Hay Small Animal Food, 15-oz bag$5.19Chewy Price$6.49List Price$4.93Autoship Price
- Kaytee Fiesta Gourmet Variety Diet Guinea Pig Food, 2.5-lb bag$7.99Chewy Price$9.99List Price$7.59Autoship Price
- DealKaytee Timothy Hay Plus Mint Small Animal Food, 24-oz bag$9.25Chewy Price$8.79Autoship Price
Compare Similar Items
|Top Ingredients||100% Orchard Grass Preservative and Additive Free. Loose Hay Contains Stems, Leaves, and Limited Seed Heads....||100% Oat Hay. Preservative and Additive Free. Loose Hay Contains Stems, Leaves, and Limited Seed Heads....||100% Alfalfa Hay. Preservative and Additive Free. Loose Hay Contains Stems, Leaves, and Limited Seed Heads....||Timothy Grass Hay, Chamomile, Lavender, Lemon Balm, Clover.||100% Timothy Hay. Preservative and Additive Free. Loose Hay Contains Stems, Leaves, and Limited Seed Heads....|
|Small Pet Type||Rabbit, Guinea Pig, Chinchilla, Degu||Rabbit, Guinea Pig, Chinchilla, Degu||Rabbit, Guinea Pig, Chinchilla, Degu||Rabbit, Guinea Pig, Chinchilla, Degu||Rabbit, Guinea Pig, Chinchilla, Degu|
|Health Feature||Dental & Breath Care, Digestive Health||Dental & Breath Care, Digestive Health||Dental & Breath Care, Digestive Health||Dental & Breath Care, Digestive Health||Dental & Breath Care, Digestive Health|
|Special Diet||Low-Protein, High Fiber||Low-Protein, High Fiber||High Fiber, High-Protein||High Fiber, Organic||Low-Protein, High Fiber|
|Hay Type||Orchard Grass||Oat||Alfalfa||Timothy||Timothy|
Questions & Answers
14 Customer Questions
ReviewsWrite a Review
403 Customer Reviews
Hit or miss
I love oxbow generally but I recently purchased 2 50 pound boxes and the first one I opened isn’t what it usually is like. I have 7 Guinea pigs and they love to hide in the hay. This box is so shredded that it’s impossible for them to burrow into. It just falls flat onto the floor of their enclosure. I’m doubting whether or not they even eat it. I have supplement with som Timothy hay that is better quality. Hopefully the second box is like this as well. So you could be getting amazing hay or hay that’s barely useful.
Great for picky piggies
My piggies are super spoiled and while they should be exclusively eating Timothy hay, if the hay is even a bit too tough or dry, they’ll refuse it for days on end, forcing me to frantically buy something new. This Orchard hay is soft and sweet and while I hope they won’t get too fond of it (I notice them getting a tad pudgier on it) it’s been a lifesaver when we get a “bad” batch of Timothy.
All My Guinea Pigs Love It
This is my base hay for my piggies, I've used it for 2 or 3 years now. They have a treat hay I put on top (some like alfalfa, some like botanical & others like oat), but this is always the bulk of my hay. I don't use the straw like stuff cause this is much less likely to cause hay pokes.
My Guinea pig is not a fan
I gave it a 1 star because my guinea pig refuses to eat it, not sure why but he was upset for like 2 days until I could get him a substitute. He rather eat his least favorite Timothy hay then this one.( Had to get this one because they were out of his favorite) Am I the only one with a picky piggy? I guess my local shelter will be getting this bag.
Best Hay for the allergic
Love this product only hay we can give the bunnies that does not cause our allergies. Would like to get the 50 lbs boxes again
Orchard grass hay
The hay was a good quality nice and dark green in color. My 5 guinea pigs love it.
Rabbit is not a fan
I bought this because im allergic to.timothy hay and thought it would be a good replacement for my rabbit but instead it was very stringy, hard to get out of the bag and rabbit did not touch it at all
Oxbow Orchard Grass
This is great green hay that my piggies love. Last couple of orders had I/4 of the hay of very small pieces and lots of dust.
Bunny loves it!
Peter loves the Oxbow Orchard Hay. No hay dust. Very clean hay.
Bunny hates it
My bun won’t eat this and it makes me very nervous as a new bun mom that he’s not eating enough hay and I bought so much of it. It’s brown and just so dry. I’m going to have to buy some other varieties to try.