Oxbow Western Timothy Hay Small Animal Food
- FREE access to chat with licensed vets 7 days a week.
- Save 5% on all future Autoship orders.
- No fees, no commitments - cancel Autoship anytime.
Frequently Bought Together
About This Item
- Veterinarian recommended to provide nutrition and environmental enrichment.
- This tasty treat is high in fiber to promote healthy digestion.
- Made with the finest Timothy Hay available.
- 100% all natural.
- As good for the environment as it is for your pet.
Pet Lovers Also Bought
- Oxbow Orchard Grass Hay Small Animal Food, 40-oz bag$10.62Chewy Price$13.49List Price$10.09Autoship Price
- DealRabbit Hole Hay Ultra Premium, Hand Packed Alfalfa Hay Small Pet Food, 1.5-lb bag$22.97Chewy Price$21.82Autoship Price
- Grandpa's Best Orchard Grass Hay Small Pet Food, 40-oz mini bale$10.49Chewy Price$9.97Autoship Price
- DealGrandpa's Best Timothy Hay Small Pet Food, 40-oz mini bale$9.99Chewy Price$12.49List Price$9.49Autoship Price
- Grandpa's Best Orchard Grass Loose Boxed Hay Small Pet Food, 5-lb box$24.34Chewy Price$26.00List Price
- Vitakraft Orchard Grass Hay Rabbit, Guinea Pig, Chinchilla & Small Animal Food, 28-oz bag$12.49Chewy Price$11.87Autoship Price
- ZuPreem Nature's Promise Western Timothy Hay Small Animal Food, 14-oz bag$7.49Chewy Price$7.12Autoship Price
- Oxbow Animal Health Harvest Hay Stacks Western Timothy Hay with Chamomile All Natural Hay for Rabbits, Guinea Pigs, Chinchillas, Hamsters & Gerbils, 35-oz.$12.99Chewy Price$13.99List Price$12.34Autoship Price
- DealOxbow Essentials Adult Guinea Pig Food All Natural Adult Guinea Pig Pellets, 5-lb bag$12.32Chewy Price$14.49List Price$11.70Autoship Price
- DealOxbow Alfalfa Hay Small Animal Food, 15-oz bag$5.19Chewy Price$6.49List Price$4.93Autoship Price
- DealOxbow Essentials Chinchilla Food All Natural Chinchilla Food, 3-lb bag$10.19Chewy Price$11.99List Price$9.68Autoship Price
- Mazuri Mouse & Rat Food, 25-lb bag$24.99Chewy Price$28.99List Price$23.74Autoship Price
Compare Similar Items
|Top Ingredients||100% Timothy Hay. Preservative and Additive Free. Loose Hay Contains Stems, Leaves, and Limited Seed Heads....||Timothy Grass, Orchard Grass.||Natural Sun-Cured Timothy Hay.||All Natural Timothy Hay.||Natural Sun-Cured Timothy Hay, Dried Carrots.|
|Small Pet Type||Rabbit, Guinea Pig, Chinchilla, Degu||Rabbit, Guinea Pig, Chinchilla, Degu||Rabbit, Guinea Pig, Chinchilla, Degu||Rabbit, Guinea Pig, Chinchilla, Degu||Rabbit, Guinea Pig, Chinchilla, Degu|
|Health Feature||Dental & Breath Care, Digestive Health||Dental & Breath Care, Digestive Health||Dental & Breath Care, Digestive Health||Dental & Breath Care, Digestive Health||Dental & Breath Care, Digestive Health|
|Special Diet||Low-Protein, High Fiber||High Fiber||High Fiber||High Fiber||High Fiber|
|Hay Type||Timothy||Timothy, Orchard Grass||Timothy||Timothy||Timothy|
|Food Form||Hay||Hay||Hay||Hay||Hay, Dried Veggies|
Questions & Answers
24 Customer Questions
ReviewsWrite a Review
1079 Customer Reviews
Just hay dust and yellow rattle
I usually buy the large box of hay from Oxbow but recently it had been coming in browner and browner so I opted for this smaller size instead. To say the least I will be purchasing my hay else where from now on. 80% of the box of hay was dust and small pieces shorter than an inch as well as pieces of yellow rattle which I have yet to find any information on their toxicity. My rabbit deals with constant heath issues due to a dental condition and is currently suffering from pneumonia. In no way can he be exposed to excess sources of dust or health complications , I tried to shift through it for the first week but this ridiculous. I would not recommend this hay unless your rabbit is found of dust and aspirating.
The top line suggesting most reviews were a 5 star are ludicrous! Most reviews were not favorable- please scroll down and read ALL of them before purchasing. Animals don’t lie and their human owners tell it like it is. I have also had similar experiences with this product but am waiting to write a positive review for a product that BunnyBond 00 Rabbit likes. He is 7.2 lbs and almost 4 years old so we must be doing something right, lol. As hay is at least 70% of his diet, it has to be a variety and switched up so he doesn’t get bored. Like a Koala and bamboo. May not be the best source of vitamins, but is what their ancestors have survived on for centuries. Appreciate Chewy posting ALL reviews (positive and negative) and the human parents posting the photos and paraphrasing for their animals that don’t speak our language (rabbits don’t speak audibly on a regular basis unless they are frightened or hurt). Just be honest with the ratings up front and on top to save us endless reading searching for the truth…
The mix keeps changing
When I purchased this last month most of the Timothy Hay was first cutting, very crunchy with lots of fluffy ends that my buns loved! The fiber also really helped their GI issues. This month it appears to be mostly 2nd and 3rd cutting Timothy and doesn't contain the fiber that they need so their GI habits have changed for the worse and I'm stuck with the entire box. I will need to go back to Small Pet Select and just buy Timothy 1st or 2nd cutting to guarantee consistency in their diet.
Oxbow is the best!
Without a doubt, Oxbow brand products are the best quality for your tiny furry pets. The hay is always fresh, my bun loves it, and their toys, treats, and pellets are always top notch. I'm a veterinarian, and it's true, I do always recommend Oxbow. And no, I'm not getting paid to say that, but if Oxbow wanted to sponsor me, I wouldn't mind :)
I have fed Oxbow hay to my bunnies since they were babies. I just ordered a 40 oz bag of the Timothy hay since I couldn’t get to the store, and it was gross. Like others have said, it looks and feels like old lawn clippings instead of actual hay. It’s short, soft, brownish grass that almost feels damp. It wont even stay in their hay rack. My rabbits both refuse to eat it, so I wasted money that I honestly can’t afford to waste. Very disappointed.
Please please do not buy this hay. It came completely dead, brown, and feeling like the fake grass you put in Easter baskets. My rabbit who will usually eat anything refuses to eat this. I will be canceling my subscription because I cannot believe they would sell food that awful.
dried backyard grass cuttings
I have ordered the bulk hay boxes from oxbow before. I have never received a box like this one. The hay quality is very poor. It is like I boxed up grass that my lawn mower spit out. All of the pieces are tiny, thin, and yellow. My rabbit is not usually picky but she will not eat this hay. It is a total waste of my money and I am very unsatisfied.
not a problem at all!
I have Literally have used this brand of hay my whole rabbits life I got her when she was one and now she is seven now. I have never had a problem with it or her and she eat it up not a problem
sticks to fleece like crazy
The pigs LOVE to eat this hay and it seems very fresh, but it has started sticking into the fleece cage liners and cannot be removed except by hand, which takes forever. I always shake, sweep, and brush the fleece before laundering, and it still looks (and feels) terrible.
This is my rabbit’s favorite cut of Timothy hay! I was a bit nervous to see if I would open the box to see brown/dead hay but this one had a good mix of crunchy, thin, and hay with flowers and all green!