PetSafe Generation 2 ScatMat Electronic Dog & Cat Training Mat
Frequently Bought Together
About This Item
- LCD display shows the correction level, battery level and a counter to help you keep track of your paw-tner’s behavior.
- When your pet steps on the mat, she’ll feel a safe yet surprising correction or hear a tone that discourages her from entering the no-pet zone.
- Simply place the ScatMat on countertops, furniture, doorways or other off-limit spots.
- 7 correction modes let you choose the setting that meets your best buddy’s needs.
- When it’s time to clean your mat, just remove the controller and wipe the mat with a damp cloth.
Pet Lovers Also Bought
- MyPet Safety Paws Grip & Glide Cabinet Locks for Dog & Cat, Gray, 3 count$9.49Chewy Price$9.99List Price
- CLAWGUARD Heavy Duty Door Scratch Shield, 44 x 20 in$29.95Chewy Price
- CLAWGUARD Original Door Scratch Shield, 43 x 18 in$29.95Chewy Price
- MyPet Safety Paws Door Paw-Tector for Dog & Cat, Gray$7.99Chewy Price$9.99List Price
- CLAWGUARD Furniture Scratch Shields, 2 count, Small$14.95Chewy Price
- PetSafe SSSCAT Deterrent Dog & Cat Spray Replacement Can, 3.89-oz bottle$16.95Chewy Price$21.99List Price$16.10Autoship Price
- Wyze Cam Outdoor 1080p HD Battery Powered Pet Camera Starter Bundle$69.98Chewy Price
- Sentry Stop That! Noise & Pheromone Dog Spray, 1 oz (New)$11.69Chewy Price$19.99List Price$11.11Autoship Price
- DealGROOVYPETS Three-Dog Kit 800 Yard Waterproof Long-Life Rechargable Remote Dog Training Shock Collar System$104.49Chewy Price$109.99List Price
- PetSafe Spray Shield Animal Deterrent Spray$16.95Chewy Price$21.99List Price$16.10Autoship Price
- DealDogCare TC-System-11 Dog Training System, Small, Black$39.99Chewy Price
- DealPATPET A01 Anti-Bark Training Dog Collar, Pink$24.90Chewy Price
Compare Similar Items
|Collar Type||Remote Training - Static||Remote Training - Static||Remote Training - Noise, Remote Training - Static||Bark Control - Noise, Bark Control - Vibration||Bark Control - Vibration, Bark Control - Noise, Bark Control - Static|
|Breed Size||Large Breeds||Large Breeds||Small Breeds, Medium Breeds, Large Breeds||Large Breeds, Medium Breeds||All Breeds|
|Material||Nylon, Synthetic Fabric||Nylon, Synthetic Fabric||Polyurethane, Plastic||Nylon, Plastic||Nylon, Plastic, Synthetic Fabric|
|Compatibility||Plug-In Power, Battery Powered||Battery Powered, Plug-In Power||Battery Powered||—||Rechargeable|
|Leash & Collar Feature||—||—||—||Waterproof||—|
Questions & Answers
17 Customer Questions
ReviewsWrite a Review
49 Customer Reviews
Well, I can't say I'm happy ...
So, I needed to replace my old scat mat (which I loved .. it worked very well for many years). And considering the $$, it was a big deal for me. Now, it's been several MONTHS (note: not years), and this "new" one is not working at all. Well, I take that back, the "unit" makes noise and says it's working, however it is not zapping anything or anyone. Not even a fly, which my old one would do. Besides that, having to remove the unit every time you need to replace the battery is a hassle, awkward, and sometimes literally a pain if you accidentally hit the side-mounted button that turns it on while trying to re-install the unit on the mat. Which is almost inevitable. Additionally, I had ordered a previous "new design" but received the wrong size. Tried to use it in a different, larger area, and after an even shorter time, the wire started detaching itself from the mat. So, money wasted on that one, too. I am so very disappointed in this "new design" I want to give it one star, I just can't make myself do that because it *did* work and deter for a limited time. Just not my $$'s-worth. Wish they'd change it all back.
This is a great product. I had one years ago and it did what I wanted, however, it had a cord and had to be plugged in to an electric outlet. This is much better since it is battery operated. I can place it anywhere I need it. The mat works great. My cats have not been able to open my sliding door since I started using the mat. They have quickly learned not to walk on it. Now they leave the door alone. Great product.
The old version was much better. I turn these on and within 5 minutes it will count 30 to 40 times. I’ll be standing right there nothing is on it and it will just keep detecting. All 3 of them that I have does that. I still have one of the older ones and it works flawlessly. Big waste of money. The photo is after 5 minutes no cat was on it and it is clean
Works, but broke fast
This item worked well but I bought two for two different doors that the cats kept clawing at. Both of them broke within months. The wire that runs through it separated from the mat on both. I even made sure to move it out of the way when it wasn't on so that it wouldn't get walked on so I don't understand why it broke so quickly. Because of how much it costs I can't justify buying two every few months.
These saved my sofa from the beast! He ruined the first $1500 sofa with his fine cat hair coat! I miss my old sofa! These did the job and now he sleeps on his very expensive bed, he never touched. It’s a win win for both of us. Only took one zap! It got my son worse than the monster! Would definitely purchase again, but hopefully I don’t need them!
Cat scat mat
I'm a breeder with a house full of cats so I needed something to keep them from jumping on the counters I bought 2 of these and it works like a charm. It only took a couple times and they don't jump up there anymore.
Tiny shocker and beeper
We got 2 new rambunctious kittens who do not seem to mind us screaming our lungs out or the water sprayer to stop them from doing something. In fact sometimes it becomes a game to them... they will do something, we will spray them, they will run away and run right back, standing in front of the sprayer, expecting us to spray them again.... they even have made our older 9 year old cat bolder about 'rule-breaking' They are allowed essentially everywhere in this house, because they decided so... but we just wanted a bare minimal sanctity of our kitchen counters...so we are using this and the ssscat spray on the counters. I tried this mat's static shock level and at the maximum level it felt like a real shock to me... so we have it at the lowest setting for the two 7 month old kitties. It seems to be working so far.... Fair warning, even tho technically this is static shock so causes no harm...technically.... this is still a good enough shock-shock. If we were not desperate we wouldn't have thought about shocking our poor excitable babies... but here we are........
Happy So Far / Beware the Static Setting
So far, so good. My cats are the ultimate escape artists. This has worked so far to keep them in their designated areas and out of where they are not allowed to go. Be VERY careful with the "static" setting. High is definitely designed for a larger dog and NOT a small/medium cat. When I tested it on myself, I felt the shock from my fingers to my forehead! I'm so glad I tested it on myself before putting it at that setting for them.
Finally! Some relief in sight!
This is my second time ordering this mat. The first time I ordered one was from the first generation and it was made just a little bit different. It didn’t stop working but the electronic vibration under my cat’s feet pretty much went away even though the mat still turned on. I liked the first generation a little bit better because it was easier to adjust and choose the levels of strength of the electronic vibration and the sound to alert the pet was not annoying. This new matt is harder to read/operate and just doesn’t seem as well-made as the last one. But I’m glad I still have it because it works good enough to keep my cat from scratching on the door at night.
Scatmats are the bomb
We like them, and our dogs stay away from them when they see them on the couch or bed, or anywhere we place them. I'm not sure they are any better than the version 1 mat's because they are more challenging to turn off, and the warning sound is too low to hear. I still like them and use them daily in our home and RV