PetSafe Gentle Leader Padded No Pull Dog Headcollar
Frequently Bought Together
About This Item
- This effective no-pull headcollar is designed to help improve walks with your canine companion. It is vet recommended and designed by a dog trainer!
- Your pup will still be able to have full-range of motion while wearing this headcollar. He will be able to drink, eat, pant and even catch his favorite toy!
- Rests across your canine companion's nose, interrupting his natural instinct to pull against pressure.
- Constructed from durable nylon with a padded neoprene nose loop for ultimate canine comfort. This headcollar won’t fit furry friends with short snouts, like pugs or bulldogs.
- Features a quick-snap neck strap and an adjustable nose loop for easy fitting in minutes. It is designed with minimal straps to keep your canine cool.
Pet Lovers Also Bought
- PetSafe Easy Walk Dog Harness, Purple/Black, Medium/Large$22.95Chewy Price$28.99List Price
- PetSafe Premier Nylon Dog Leash, Black, 6-ft, 3/8-in$5.99Chewy Price
- Kurgo Tru-Fit Smart Harness with Plastic Quick Release Buckles, Black, X-Small$26.95Chewy Price$29.99List Price
- PetSafe Keep Safe Nylon Breakaway Dog Collar, Black, Large: 18 to 28-in neck, 1-in wide$14.95Chewy Price$17.99List Price
- Kurgo Tru-Fit Enhanced Strength Crash Tested Smart Car Dog Harness, Black, X-Large$39.95Chewy Price$42.99List Price
- Red Dingo Classic Nylon Back Clip Dog Harness, Hot Pink, Large: 22 to 31.5-in chest$12.66Chewy Price$25.99List Price
- Kurgo Walk About Dog Head Halter, Multi-color, Large$26.99Chewy Price
- Four Paws Walk-About Quick-Fit Dog Muzzle, M$18.69Chewy Price
- Halti Nylon Dog Headcollar, Size 3: 15.5 to 21-in neck$18.95Chewy Price$26.99List Price
- Sporn Head Control Dog Halter, Black, Large$19.99Chewy Price$29.99List Price
- Four Paws Giant Tie Out Stake, 28-in$26.79Chewy Price$27.99List Price
Compare Similar Items
|Material||Nylon, Synthetic Fabric||Mesh, Synthetic Fabric||Mesh, Synthetic Fabric||Nylon, Synthetic Fabric||Polyester, Synthetic Fabric|
|Breed Size||Large Breeds||Small Breeds||Medium Breeds||Large Breeds||Small Breeds|
|Leash & Collar Feature||Waterproof||—||—||Training||Training|
|Closure Type||Quick Release||Buckle||Buckle||Buckle||Buckle|
Questions & Answers
36 Customer Questions
ReviewsWrite a Review
1495 Customer Reviews
Total waste of time and money. The neck strap fit good with a lot of strap left over. The lead strap was WAY too short. I figured I must be putting it on wrong, so at next Vet appointment I took the harness with me to see if the vet could show me how to put it on. Same results. Neck strap had a lot of excess and the lead strap was so short the dog could not lift his head, even with the strap maxed out. It would seem the neck strap and the lead strap are 2 different sizes. We also noticed that there is no metal ring to connect a leash. This product is just inconsistent garbage. Shame on Chewey for selling this.
Gentle lead makes for easier walks
My little prince, Finn, is a corgi who has enough torque when he pulls to pull me to the ground. We tried various training collars and harnesses without much luck until we found the gentle lead. Now I can keep Finn moving with me and save my shoulder from dislocation when he finds a tasty tidbit of whatever that he suddenly must have at that instant. Training was pretty easy with the included instructions. We are on our second gentle lead just to make sure the cushion around his nose stays soft. The first last three years with daily use.
Not getting dragged anymore
Dog much easier to walk with this collar. Gentle leader has a good design, but it is a bit lightweight compared to Halti's brand. However, Halti made a good quality but the design lacked an adjustment for the snout and both my dogs could slip out of it. The gentle leader has a clip to adjust the part at the snout. Great design, but cheaply made so 4 stars vice 5.
Taking it slow with my rescue
Right now just putting in her for about 3 minutes a day; she is terrified of it. But we'll get there. A SPCA rescue out of a cruelty case, so we've had our adventures and our victories. We'll get their. Her leash manners are improving nicely, this will be the iciing on the cake.
My two big German Shepherds are getting use to the Headcollar. It will take a little time and I can't wait. They both are cat aggressive and when they see a cat on the farm they want to chase it, which is a big problem. My one Shepherd weighs 135 lbs and the other 88 lbs and I'm only 150 lbs. Can't wait till I can walk them with no problems
Let's Go For A Walk !!!
I have 2 labador retrievers that get walked daily, the only concern is that they pull, and if they spot a deer or rabbit it's challenging. Our Veterinarian recently suggested a gentle lead. I could not believe it worked!!! Both, stopped pulling and now we can have fun on our walks. This is a great training tool. I would recommend to anyone with a dog that pulls. Be sure to follow instructions and measure dogs neck for correct size and have snacks available for training.
Lifechanging when it comes to walks! But...
The design of the harness is fantastic. I really didn't think I'd ever be able to enjoy walks with my border collie mix. Whenever Dodger saw another dog (or bird or butterfly or....) he would bark and pull and make walks miserable. This has almost completely stopped the pulling part and we're getting the rest of it under control. The one con is that the stitching either was frayed upon receipt or frayed after a couple of walks. Not sure how long it will hold up, or whether this is a design flaw or just a quality control issue with this one particular harness. Still, I am really happy with the product and would certainly recommend it to others who are struggling, frustrated and ready to give up walking a pulling dog.
Bulldogs can't wear this (just in case you were wondering)
It's a well-made item, and I've seen German Shephards, the biggest Labs you've ever seen and most dogs do well with the head lead. But as the instructions advise, these are not for Bulldogs (English bulldogs, American BULL DOGS, or any dog with a squooshed up (but cute)) face. The second compelling reason NOT to get this for your BULLDOG? They can take it off. 'Member bulldogs are willful and if they don't want to do something, they won't.
Listed appropriate size worked for our 9lb Chihuahua!
I have no idea if this looks too tight on him, I hope not. I was super happy that this fit him because he's a Chihuahua and his face is weird. Chewy also has a great return policy afaik so I would try it if you're also a Chihuahua owner!
Best training tool EVER
My 1 year old Jack Russel mix was a horrible walker. She was always pulling, lunging at other dogs & barking. I bought this as a last ditch effort to try and stop the pulling and reactivity. It’s worked wonders. The first time putting it on her she jumped around and pawed at her snout and rolled in the grass to try and get it off, but the 2nd time I put it on her she walked GREAT. No pulling, no lunging & no barking. It seems to be a great fit & has seriously been a game changer, I only wish I would have bought this sooner.