Purina Pro Plan Veterinary Diets NF Kidney Function Early Care Wet Cat Food, 5.5-oz, case of 24
- FREE access to chat with licensed vets 7 days a week.
- Save 5% on all future Autoship orders.
- No fees, no commitments - cancel Autoship anytime.
Frequently Bought Together
About This Item
- Provides a complete and balanced diet for adult cats with kidney concerns, on its own or as a kibble topper or mix-in.
- Specially formulated to support feline kidney health.
- Enhanced with vitamins, minerals, and essential taurine for overall health, plus moisture to support healthy hydration in every can.
- Reduced phosphorus and sodium levels, plus added B-complex vitamins help maintain kidney function.
- Lower levels of high-quality proteins like beef and chicken to support lean muscles while being easy on the kidneys.
Pet Lovers Also Bought
- Purina Pro Plan Veterinary Diets NF Kidney Function Advanced Care Wet Cat Food, 5.5-oz, case of 24$58.99Chewy Price$56.04Autoship Price
- Royal Canin Veterinary Diet Adult Renal Support T Thin Slices in Gravy Canned Cat Food, 3-oz, case of 24$57.36Chewy Price$54.49Autoship Price
- Hill's Prescription Diet k/d Kidney Care Pate with Tuna Wet Cat Food, 5.5-oz, case of 24$65.99Chewy Price$62.69Autoship Price
- Royal Canin Veterinary Diet Adult Renal Support E Loaf in Sauce Canned Cat Food, 5.1-oz, case of 24$71.76Chewy Price$68.17Autoship Price
- Royal Canin Veterinary Diet Adult Renal Support Early Consult Loaf in Sauce Canned Cat Food, 3-oz, case of 24$57.36Chewy Price$54.49Autoship Price
- Hill's Prescription Diet k/d Kidney Care with Chicken Wet Cat Food, 5.5-oz, case of 24$65.99Chewy Price$62.69Autoship Price
- Hill's Prescription Diet k/d Kidney Care Chicken & Vegetable Stew Wet Cat Food, 2.9-oz, case of 24$50.99Chewy Price$48.44Autoship Price
- Hill's Prescription Diet k/d Kidney Care Vegetable & Tuna Stew Wet Cat Food, 2.9-oz, case of 24$50.99Chewy Price$48.44Autoship Price
- Purina Pro Plan Veterinary Diets NF Kidney Function Early Care Dry Cat Food, 3.15-lb bag$25.99Chewy Price$24.69Autoship Price
- Purina Pro Plan Veterinary Diets NF Kidney Function Advanced Care Dry Cat Food, 8-lb bag$52.99Chewy Price$50.34Autoship Price
- Royal Canin Veterinary Diet Adult Renal Support D Thin Slices in Gravy Canned Cat Food, 3-oz, case of 24$57.36Chewy Price$54.49Autoship Price
- Royal Canin Veterinary Diet Adult Renal Support A Dry Cat Food, 6.6-lb bag$49.99Chewy Price$47.49Autoship Price
Compare Similar Items
|Price Per Unit|
|Top Ingredients||New: Water, Meat By-products, Liver...||Meat By-Products, Water, Chicken...||Water, Meat By-products, Wheat Gluten...||New: Water, Meat By-Products, Turkey...||Water, Chicken, Meat By-products...|
|Special Diet||Low-Protein, Pea-Free, Veterinary Diet, With Grain||High-Protein, Pea-Free, Veterinary Diet||Veterinary Diet||Pea-Free, Veterinary Diet, Sensitive Digestion, With Grain||Veterinary Diet, Weight Control|
|Food Flavor||Chicken, Poultry||Chicken, Poultry||Chicken, Salmon||Turkey, Poultry||Chicken, Poultry|
|Food Texture||Pate||Minced||Chunks in Gravy||Minced||Chunks in Gravy|
|Health Feature||Kidney Care||Diabetic Support||Digestive Health||Digestive Health||Hairball Control, Weight Management|
Questions & Answers
14 Customer Questions
ReviewsWrite a Review
169 Customer Reviews
Purina’ s Boondoggle
I was massively relieved that both of my cats absolutely love this cat food! However, it is ridiculous that (1) I needed to obtain a prescription from my vet in order to buy the food and (2) Purina charges 2 1/2 times more for this “veterinary diet” canned food than it charges for its “regular” canned food! It contains less protein and less phosphorus, but since protein is the most expensive component of canned cat and dog food, Purina should be charging less for the veterinary diet cans than for their regular canned food! Chewy has been great; they contacted my vet to obtain the prescription, filled the order, and shipped the cases in less than 24 hours.
Kitty refuses to eat this
My kitty has been a Purina Pro Plan kitty for a long time. Then when he got early kidney disease the vet said to keep him on the same brand and switch to the kidney prescription formula. I started by mixing in just a tablespoon with his regular favorite flavor and he absolutely refused to eat. He is not a fan of fish and this has fish as the main protein source. That was a waste of money. I hope the rescue where I got my boy can use it.
Misses the mark for both cats and food preparer.
My three cats do not really care for this food, and I do not like the consistency. It takes time to chop it up and needs water added to it so that it thins the thick consistency of the pate.
My cat has had every prescription diet available for renal issues( before the renal issues she was on to other prescription diet for digestive issues). She didn’t really like any of them, in particular she never liked the canned food. She loves both the wet food and the dry food in the Purina prescription diet. I am so relieved because she has medications that have to go in her food and it’s stressful when it’s hard to get them to eat so you know they’re not getting their medication, but we don’t have that problem anymore. She loves the Purina Rx Diet!!!
Cat does not like this
My cat cannot stand this food. Not sure if it's because it is a pate (which I didn't know from the title or from the can?) When he tries to eat it, it just smashes against the plate, and leaves a lot behind. Total waste of money, and it wasn't cheap!!
Vet recommended cat food
My Jake is a 16 year old rescued Maine Coon mix that has always been a picky eater. Although he did eat the first can of Purina ProPlan NF Kidney Function Early Care Wet Cat Food, now he just walks away. I even tried mixing in canned tuna or salmon, but he still won't eat it. So it's back to Friskies pate for him.
Cat wouldn't eat it
This was recommended by my vet for my older cat who is stage 4 renal failure. He has a good appetite for good food but he wouldn't touch this stuff. I ended up wasting money and food (my perfectly healthy cat didn't even want it). Now I'm stuck with most of these can that no one will even pity eat. It smells gross, it looks gross, I couldn't doctor it up enough with treats or toppers to make anyone want it. So if your cat is picky or just normal, I wouldn't recommend this food.
My cat is not excited about this
The usual food my cat has been eating has been unavailable for some time now. I don't think she likes the taste and/or texture. I purchased this food because it was the only other option. The texture is odd. Some areas in the can are very hard and others are softer. My cat will eat it only if I mix it with her kibble. She has kidney disease so I prefer not to feed her too much dry food but I have no choice for now.
Did not like
Shiba did not like this. She walks away from it. It is a veterinary diet to help pro long a heathy life. But it is something Shiba would not eat. Shiba is 20 years old and in the early years of kidneys slowing down.
We started today and he likes it. Whew. But has anyone’s vet told you your cat needs to eat more than one can a day?