Purina Pro Plan Veterinary Diets NF Kidney Function Advanced Care Dry Cat Food
- FREE access to chat with licensed vets 7 days a week.
- Save 5% on all future Autoship orders.
- No fees, no commitments - cancel Autoship anytime.
Frequently Bought Together
About This Item
- Great-tasting dry cat food for advanced kidney care.
- Specially formulated to help support kidney function in cats.
- Crafted in collaboration with nutritionists, researchers and veterinarians.
- Features omega-3 fatty acids with EPA and DHA as well as healthy antioxidants.
- Developed to contain a reduced amount of high-quality protein and restricted phosphorous.
- Great-tasting wet cat food with salmon for weight management.
- Developed to help achieve weight loss or weight maintenance goals.
- Features a high protein-to-calorie ratio that’s low in fat and packed with natural fiber.
Pet Lovers Also Bought
- Purina Pro Plan Veterinary Diets NF Kidney Function Early Care Dry Cat Food, 3.15-lb bag$25.99Chewy Price$24.69Autoship Price
- Royal Canin Veterinary Diet Adult Renal Support F Dry Cat Food, 3-lb bag$28.99Chewy Price$27.54Autoship Price
- Hill's Prescription Diet k/d Kidney Care with Chicken Dry Cat Food, 4-lb bag$35.99Chewy Price$34.19Autoship Price
- Purina Pro Plan Veterinary Diets NF Kidney Function Advanced Care Wet Cat Food, 5.5-oz, case of 24$58.99Chewy Price$56.04Autoship Price
- Royal Canin Veterinary Diet Adult Renal Support S Dry Cat Food, 3-lb bag$28.99Chewy Price$27.54Autoship Price
- Royal Canin Veterinary Diet Adult Renal Support Early Consult Dry Cat Food, 4.4-lb bag$39.99Chewy Price$37.99Autoship Price
- Hill's Prescription Diet k/d Kidney Care + Mobility Care with Chicken Dry Cat Food, 6.35-lb bag$58.99Chewy Price$56.04Autoship Price
- Royal Canin Veterinary Diet Adult Renal Support A Dry Cat Food, 3-lb bag$28.99Chewy Price$27.54Autoship Price
- Blue Buffalo Natural Veterinary Diet K+M Kidney + Mobility Support Grain-Free Dry Cat Food, 7-lb bag$47.71Chewy Price$49.98List Price$45.32Autoship Price
- Royal Canin Veterinary Diet Adult Renal Support Early Consult Loaf in Sauce Canned Cat Food, 3-oz, case of 24$57.36Chewy Price$54.49Autoship Price
- Purina Pro Plan Veterinary Diets NF Kidney Function Early Care Wet Cat Food, 5.5-oz, case of 24$58.99Chewy Price$56.04Autoship Price
- Purina Pro Plan Veterinary Diets HA Hydrolyzed Dry Cat Food, 4-lb bag$36.99Chewy Price$35.14Autoship Price
Compare Similar Items
|Price Per Unit|
|Top Ingredients||Brewers Rice, Tuna, Whole Grain Corn...||Rice Starch, Hydrolyzed Soy Protein Isolate, Partially Hydrogenated Canola Oil Preserved with Tbhq...||Corn Gluten Meal, Tuna, Barley...||Poultry By-Product Meal, Soy Protein Isolate, Corn Gluten Meal...|
|Special Diet||Low-Protein, Pea-Free, Veterinary Diet, With Grain||Pea-Free, Veterinary Diet, Hydrolyzed Protein||Pea-Free, Veterinary Diet, With Grain||High-Protein, Pea-Free, Veterinary Diet, With Grain|
|Food Flavor||Seafood & Fish||Chicken, Poultry||Tuna, Seafood & Fish||Chicken, Poultry|
|Health Feature||Kidney Care||Digestive Health, Skin & Coat Health||Kidney Care||Diabetic Support|
Questions & Answers
16 Customer Questions
ReviewsWrite a Review
236 Customer Reviews
A kidney diet my cat would actually eat!
I almost never write reviews, but this food is a lifesaver. My cat is in stage 3 kidney failure and we have tried other brands of kidney foods, different flavors, wet, dry- you name it. He was even starting to dislike the regular food he ate before. He just wouldn't eat. When I opened the bag, he went bonkers. I was trying to fill the measuring cup and he barely let me do that- he was shoving his face into the cup. I just wanted to let all of the other CKD cat owners out there know not to give up hope and to try this food!!
Loves this food
We almost lost our Toby to kidney disease. We now give him daily hydration and the vet recommended changing his diet. He gave us the names of several brands of food. I chose this one because it was the only one that said advanced care and crossed my fingers that he would accept it. He loved it! I was so relieved. And now he is doing so well.
My end-stage buddy with appetite issues loves it!
My little guy loves this :) he was on Hill’s dry chicken-flavor KD but I switched him since they changed their recipe and I was concerned he wouldn’t like that anymore. The pieces are large as others said, but my cat hasn’t had any problems eating them.
Finally something he will eat!
Phew! After trying a few brands, this did the trick! Hoping for good bloodwork and using both the wet and dry of this. I ordered with others prior and it took weeks to get approved. Chewy had this approved and shipped in 2 days! Amazing! I love their money back guarantee too as we have 3 allergy animals and they are picky so it is so hard to order huge amounts only to be out hundreds! Nice job Chewy!
Purina Kidney Function food
After trying several different kidney function foods both dry and wet this one, Purina Pro Plan Kidney Function food, was recommended and my cat eats it better than I expected.
Regret buying dry food
Have 2 cats now in Renal Failure (vaccines are a scourge to pets and humans! Never again putting them in me or them). Rushed to buy something to help by cats, got the wet and dry Purina NF Advanced. They like the flavor of the dry fine but not the wet. After MUCH study and knowing very well that dry food should really NEVER be in a cat’s diet, I’ve come to the understanding that I need to feed a homemade raw whole animal diet and lower the Phosphorus. They still need proteins which usually comes with the increased Phosphorus so a blocker needs to be added. And, THEY NEED TO EAT! Which is a challenge with this food they don’t like. Big business like pet food companies and pharmaceutical companies are all about the money. Feed them like nature intended.
Kibble is too big for her to eat.
I cannot rate this rx kibble for her as the kibble pieces are too big for her to eat. I like her to have a bit of variety in her advanced kidney disease prescription food-both pates & dry. Royal Canin Advanced Kidney kibble is half the kibble size than that of Purina Pro Plan Advanced Kidney prescription kibble. She loves the Royal Canin rx. She cannot eat the much larger Purina rx.
Cats like the taste
Prescription foods are not a favorite with most cats. I have tried a couple other brands and this one they seem to really like. I wish it was more affordable, but the health of my cats are a priority. I will definitely buy again.
Finally found the one thing our boy will eat!
A month ago our cat Ash was diagnosed with CKD. He stopped eating and we were going crazy trying to supplement, force feedings, trying fresh chicken and shrimp, basically anything he would eat. This is the one food he goes crazy for. I hope it lasts but CKD really is a rollercoaster of ups and downs. This food is calorie dense, so I only need him to eat half a cup a day. I am concerned it will dehydrate him if this is the only thing he will eat, but I still offer various wet foods and hope eventually he will come around. Give it a try if your cat has given up on eating; this food may work to get them going again. He hated the canned version of this and he used to love only wet food, so I am both surprised and glad this worked. I'm also thankful Chewy and Purina offer a small bag; it is less wasteful if they don't end up liking it.
Hard to rate
My cat has been diagnosed with kidney disease and my vet told me to put her on this food. She does not like it. I feel bad taking her regular food away from her but this is what she needs. I’m sure the food is good for her she just doesn’t like it. So I only gave it three stars because it’s not the fault of the food it’s the fault of my picky cat.