Royal Canin Veterinary Diet Adult Gastrointestinal Fiber Response Dry Cat Food, 8.8-lb bag
Frequently Bought Together
About This Item
- A veterinary-exclusive dry cat food for cats with long- or short-term digestive sensitivities.
- Promotes digestive health and optimal stool quality with highly digestible proteins and prebiotics.
- Formulated to help manage GI health and common gastrointestinal sensitivities.
- Enriched with a blend of soluble and insoluble fibers for healthy transit through the GI tract.
- Supports urinary health with the exclusive S/O Index, which creates an environment unfavorable to crystal formation in the bladder.
Pet Lovers Also Bought
- Royal Canin Veterinary Diet Adult Hydrolyzed Protein Dry Cat Food, 7.7-lb bag$67.99Chewy Price$64.59Autoship Price
- Royal Canin Veterinary Diet Adult Selected Protein PR Dry Cat Food, 8.8-lb bag$83.99Chewy Price$79.79Autoship Price
- Royal Canin Veterinary Diet Adult Gastrointestinal Moderate Calorie Dry Cat Food, 7.7-lb bag$63.99Chewy Price$60.79Autoship Price
- Royal Canin Veterinary Diet Adult Gastrointestinal Loaf in Sauce Canned Cat Food, 5.1-oz, case of 24$62.16Chewy Price$71.76List Price$59.05Autoship Price
- Royal Canin Veterinary Diet Adult Urinary SO Morsels in Gravy Canned Cat Food, 3-oz, case of 24$57.36Chewy Price$54.49Autoship Price
- Royal Canin Veterinary Diet Adult Gastrointestinal Moderate Calorie Thin Slices in Gravy Canned Cat food, 3-oz, case of 24$57.36Chewy Price$54.49Autoship Price
- Royal Canin Veterinary Diet Adult Selected Protein PD Loaf Canned Cat Food, 5.1-oz, case of 24$95.76Chewy Price$90.97Autoship Price
- Royal Canin Veterinary Diet Adult Selected Protein PD Dry Cat Food, 8.8-lb bag$83.99Chewy Price$79.79Autoship Price
- Royal Canin Veterinary Diet Adult Gastrointestinal Dry Cat Food, 8.8-lb bag$62.99Chewy Price$59.84Autoship Price
- Royal Canin Veterinary Diet Adult Selected Protein PR Loaf in Sauce Canned Cat Food, 5.1-oz, case of 24$95.76Chewy Price$90.97Autoship Price
- Royal Canin Veterinary Diet Adult Satiety Support Weight Management Loaf in Sauce Canned Cat Food, 5.1-oz, case of 24$59.76Chewy Price$66.96List Price$56.77Autoship Price
- Blue Buffalo Natural Veterinary Diet HF Hydrolyzed for Food Intolerance Grain-Free Dry Cat Food, 7-lb bag$56.98Chewy Price$54.13Autoship Price
Compare Similar Items
|Top Ingredients||Brewers Rice, Chicken By-Product Meal, Corn...||Chicken By-Product Meal, Brewers Rice, Corn...||Chicken By-Product Meal, Corn, Wheat...||Chicken By-Product Meal, Brewers Rice, Corn...||New: Chicken By-Product Meal, Corn, Brewers Rice...|
|Special Diet||Pea-Free, Veterinary Diet, Sensitive Digestion, With Grain||Pea-Free, Veterinary Diet, With Grain||High-Protein, Pea-Free, Veterinary Diet, Weight Control, With Grain||Pea-Free, Veterinary Diet, With Grain||Pea-Free, Veterinary Diet, With Grain|
|Food Flavor||Chicken, Poultry||Chicken, Poultry||Chicken, Poultry||Chicken, Poultry||Chicken, Poultry|
|Health Feature||Digestive Health||Urinary Tract Health||Weight Management||Urinary Tract Health, Weight Management||Calming, Digestive Health|
|Food Form||Dry Food||Dry Food||Dry Food||Dry Food||Dry Food|
Questions & Answers
32 Customer Questions
ReviewsWrite a Review
1060 Customer Reviews
This food has been prescribed by our veterinarian for both of our cats—one with IBD and one who is FIV+ and has dreadful hairballs with horrible breath. Within days, both cats were clearly feeling better as evidenced by their increased activity levels, lack of hairballs, and the breath problem has disappeared completely (extremely important since that cat is an orange tabby ‘cuddle bug’ who is constantly breathing right in my face.). They also are regaining a more suitable weight as they were both a couple of pounds too heavy. I highly recommend this food!
Manna from Heaven for my Mega Colon cat
My big mega colon cat got into real trouble after Hill's quit providing its Gastrointestinal Biome dry food. I switched him to other high quality prescription food, but no dice. He spent several days in the animal hospital as my faithful vets and their staff tried enemas and medication to try, and at last succeed, to induce bowel movement . In the meantime, I searched for a similar food and found this. From its product description and the excellent user reviews, it seemed as if it might be a good replacement for the Hill's. This has proven to be true -- after eating it for more than a week, my big pal is back to having fairly regular bowel movements. He likes its taste, too, and so do his two non-needy housemates. His bowel movements will never be "normal" litter box activity, but they are fairly easy to clean up and keep him alive and happy. I deeply appreciate the product reviewers before me who helped guide me to this fine food.
For my cat, not a good substitute for Hill's Biome Food
My cat has a highly sensitive GI tract, and has gone through a lot of foods in search of one that he can digest without having diarrhea. He can eat the Hill's Biome diet, but there is currently a shortage of it. I tried this one in hope it would be a good substitute, but he did not have any luck with it. I understand that this is his particular case, but if others are looking for a substitute, I just want to give you a heads up that the recipe is different enough that it may not work.
My elderly cat developed chronic diarrhea that would not go away. He would go several times a day and cry out anytime he went. I tried anti-diarrheal meds, took him to the vet and did blood tests and fecal panels and nothing was conclusive. His vet suggested we try this food and it has worked amazingly! No more diarrhea and no more crying out after the bathroom.
Good for the gut, but not tastebuds
Our vet recommended this particular brand and flavor for our cat with colitis. He was excited to try something new but only ate a few bites, then ignored fresh bowls for 3 days. I gave up. Luckily, colitis has resolved, but I'm not sure this food had anything to do with it. Expensive treatment, but hey, cat is healthy now...
I was hoping I could get a small bag of this to try on my picky eater. I had high hopes that he would like it since two vets have told me their patients love it. Not my boy. One sniff and he’s gone. Now I’m stuck with an 8.8 pound bag of costly food. My suggestion, buy unknown food from your vet who will take it back. I love Chewy though and buy all my pet food here. I was over confident. Lesson learned.
Wonderful cat food!
I have a special needs cat (permakitten), had serious digestion issues, but this diet, with medication, really works! Can't recommend it highly enough.
Helps with poop problems
I purchased this product for my kitty cat Clarabelle. She seems to be having more frequent and more complete bowel movements. She was only having small poops and every other day if even that. Now I am noticing much much more treasures in the litter box!!
Gastrointestinal cat food is great
Our older Maine Coon cat has been prescribed this food by our vet, to aid her digestive system. It works well and she eagerly eats it. I somehow manage to get it from Chewy even when the vet's source cannot obtain it.
So far working well!
My kitty was constipated for 6 days. Prior she would only go every other. I researched this here on chewy and asked my Vet about it and she also recommended it. I was afraid she was starting with megacolon. The day I started her on this diet, I also gave her 2 doses of cisapride, which could have "jump started" her. However, I have only used it again once and I really think this food is helping her go. Now she generally goes every day. I do give her miralax to keep the stools soft. I SO appreciate all the good reviews and encouragement on here, especially to those who have a diagnosed case of megacolon. I wouldn't have known about it as I had to bring it up to my Vet.