Tetrafauna Aquatic Reptile Aquarium Heater, 100-watt
Frequently Bought Together
About This Item
- Helps keep water at a constant temperature of 78 degrees for frogs, newts and turtles.
- 100-watt heater is compact and completely submersible.
- Designed with a cover to help keep your pet safe.
- Features an 8-foot cord that can be placed in any direction.
- Comes with two oversized suction cups to help keep the heater securely in place.
Pet Lovers Also Bought
- Zilla Heat Mats Reptile Terrarium Heater, 4-watt$16.99Chewy Price$20.99List Price
- Fluker's Ceramic Reptile Heat Emitter, 150-watt$19.80Chewy Price$32.16List Price
- dealZoo Med Repti Tuff Splashproof Halogen Reptile Terrarium Lamp, 50-watt$12.18Chewy Price$19.99List Price
- Fluker's Mini Sun Dome Lighting Fixture, 8.5-in$24.99Chewy Price$37.74List Price
- Zoo Med Combo Deep Dome Lamp, Large$59.69Chewy Price$72.99List Price
- Fluker's Ultra-Deluxe Premium Heat Mat, Small$13.62Chewy Price$29.17List Price
- Fluker's Ceramic Clamp Lamp, 8.5-in$10.85Chewy Price$24.63List Price
- dealZoo Med T8 ReptiSun 10.0 UVB Fluorescent Lamp, 18-in$31.03Chewy Price$39.99List Price$29.48Autoship Price
- Zoo Med Precision Analog Thermometer & Humidity Gauge$9.69Chewy Price$16.99List Price
- Zoo Med Digital Min-Max Precision Thermometer$10.31Chewy Price$10.99List Price
- dealZoo Med Repticare Ceramic Infared Reptile Terrarium Heat Emitter, 60-watt$21.09Chewy Price$33.99List Price
- Fluker's Clamp Lamp with Dimmer, 8.5-in$20.95Chewy Price$32.00List Price
Compare Similar Items
Questions & Answers
19 Customer Questions
ReviewsWrite a Review
20 Customer Reviews
Not good heater not happy
The heater is not working correctly and it's not keeping the water hot
Love it! No problems.
Works perfectly. Had it almost 2 years. Have it set up in a 40 gal. Wading pool on covered patio. However, when temp dips into 40’s and below we bring our aquatic turtle indoors in a 20 gal aquarium.
Doesn’t heat up to 78 degrees at all stays at 74 for my 27 gallon tank.
Operating red light not mentioned anywhere...
I read all the instructions, wondering what the red light meant in the heater as I plugged it in. It had me perplexed for a LONG time because at some point it turned off completely. I wanted to know what that meant (right away my first though was that it was broken). I looked everywhere and I found the reviews in the Tetrafauna website where people were complaining about how the light was mostly off. I found that the light only turns on, when the heater is actually heating the tank, and that the heat mechanism can be "monitored" with this light (when it's on, it's heating the tank, turns off if heating isn't necessary). I am not too fond of this heater because the water feels a little cold to the touch and this mysterious light really isn't helping. I'm in need of an aquarium thermometer (a lot of aquarium heaters bring a strip thermometer to help you with that). Otherwise, I think I'm happy with the purchase.
Like all the reviews say, this is a terrible product. Light is on, but tank is not at 78 degrees, more like 60 degrees. Then stops working altogether after a very short time. I have been through many. But, I am unable to find anything else! No to the undertank heaters. Almost all submersible heaters are upright and cannot lay horizontal in a low water tank. Almost all are teeny tiny wattage also, like 5 watts. I have a two 40 gallon tanks, so at least 100 watts/tank is needed. Do not get why other heaters have not been made available. I feel exploited but do not see any alternatives.
I’m So Upset.
I got this item, read the directions, followed them, and it doesn’t work. No red light, and it’s not heating anything.
Keep a spare
These work great. Keep the aquarium at 76. They stop working after 10 months, like clockwork. I always keep a spare and keep an eye on the thermometer sticker on the side of my tank. I am on my fourth one. All have been the same.
So...when i first got it it worked perfectly fine. But then it kept turning off and then completely stopped working the day after. I do not recommend at all.
Don't Waste Your Money
Junk turtles started acting weird not eating an checked the water it was only at 60° even though heater was working.
Do not buy
Do not buy this water heater. Does not work at all and wish I read reviews before buying