Zoo Med Eco Earth Compressed Coconut Fiber Expandable Reptile Substrate
- FREE access to chat with licensed vets 7 days a week.
- Save 5% on all future Autoship orders.
- No fees, no commitments - cancel Autoship anytime.
Get notified when this item is back in stock.
Compare Similar Items
|Litter & Bedding Type||Coconut Fiber||Coconut Fiber||Coconut Fiber||Coconut Fiber||Coconut Fiber|
About This Item
- The ideal substrate for naturalistic terrarium type set-ups incorporating reptiles, amphibians, or invertebrates.
- Use it damp for tropical species as it naturally absorbs and breaks down odor and waste products.
- Can be used dry for desert species or mixed with organic fertilizer for the perfect Vivaria soil.
- Made from an eco-friendly renewable resource, it can also be safely composted or recycled.
- Available in loose and compressed brick.
Pet Lovers Also Bought
- DealZilla Terrarium Liner, Brown, 40/50-gal$11.99Chewy Price$14.99List Price$11.39Autoship Price
- DealZoo Med Aspen Snake Bedding, 24-qt bag$25.99Chewy Price$27.99List Price
- DealExo Terra Coco Husk Tropical Terrarium Reptile Substrate, 7.2-qt$13.79Chewy Price$15.99List Price$13.10Autoship Price
- DealZilla Terrarium Liner, Green, 40/50-gal$14.99Chewy Price$14.24Autoship Price
- Exo Terra Coco Husk Brick Tropical Terrarium Reptile Substrate, 8-qt, bundle of 4$19.36Chewy Price$19.96List Price$18.39Autoship Price
- Zoo Med Excavator Clay Burrowing Reptile Substrate, 10-lb bag, bundle of 3$35.19Chewy Price$36.27List Price$33.43Autoship Price
- DealExo Terra Sand Mat Desert Terrarium Reptile Substrate, 35.5-in$24.89Chewy Price$42.99List Price$23.65Autoship Price
- DealGalapagos Aspen Digs Natural Aspen Reptile Bedding, 24-qt bag$23.98Chewy Price$24.99List Price$22.78Autoship Price
- DealExoticare Exotichip Organic Coconut Husk Chip Reptile Bedding, 2-lb bag$24.19Chewy Price$25.00List Price$22.98Autoship Price
- DealGalapagos Jurassic Fir Bark Reptile Terrarium Bedding, 8-qt bag$12.99Chewy Price$12.34Autoship Price
- DealGalapagos Cypress Tank-Mulch Natural Cypress Reptile Bedding, 24-qt bag$31.95Chewy Price$33.99List Price$30.35Autoship Price
- DealZoo Med Reptisand Reptile Terrarium Sand, Desert White, 10-lb bag$16.99Chewy Price
Questions & Answers
51 Customer Questions
ReviewsWrite a Review
188 Customer Reviews
Good Stff But...
I have used this for many years for my humid loving reptiles. During the last couple of years though moths have become a huge problem. They are in the fiber somehow and when you wet it it wakes them up or gets the eggs hatching. My basement is loaded with them. The solution is to soak the bricks outdoors so the moths don't get loose in your house. Or if you can, leave them outside for the winter to kill the moths off.
Eco Earth coconut fiber
Not new to Eco Earth coconut fiber and this is doing exactly what I needed it to do. Using this as part of the substrate in a roughneck monitor enclosure.
Love this substrate for my ball python. We freeze it when we first receive it to kill any mites that may be in there, and then add water until it’s the right texture. Chewy makes autoship really easy so we love using them for all of our pets!
Perfect for my cresties
I have 6 crested geckos in a big tank and a 3 pack lasted me months. It's ideal for reptiles that thrive in the forest, and burrow. It doesn't harm them and my geckos can find their live feed through it. Gonna buy again when in stock. :)
not the best for beardies
it said this product was good for beardies, but since it needs to soak in water before going in the terrarium, the humidity was way too high and i had to take it all out. my beardie was too interested in it and kept licking to smell it, and probably ingested a small amount, but it’s indigestible and can cause impaction. i do not recommend for bearded dragons. probably a better product for tropical reptiles.
Good product. Just wish it could be bought in larger quantities for us that use it in bulk.
Great product, fast delivery. I usually get the same thing from the pet store, for my composting toilet. The problem with the store option is that I can only buy up to three bricks at a time due to store shelf availability. I plan on using this method in the future
I got pork chops , he's a guinea pig
This for his bedding and he seems to like it, had to make sure that after I absorbed it in water and it soften, to let dry out before placing your small furry pet on it.
No longer a Value
Price is 4x what it was. No longer a good buy. Turned off my autoship.
Okay but not consistent
These are good for the price but unfortunately in a 3 pack of bricks , the three bricks aren’t always consistent. What I mean by that is that sometimes one brick makes a lot of substrate/bedding for the tank and then you’ll randomly get a brick that makes noticeably less substrate than the others which is an issue because I end up with overly hydrated bedding that is more suited for a swamp environment than it is for my snake. I’m going to have to resort to weighing each brick individually before adding water, that way I don’t over hydrate