Carefresh Small Animal Bedding, Natural
- FREE access to chat with licensed vets 7 days a week.
- Save 5% on all future Autoship orders.
- No fees, no commitments - cancel Autoship anytime.
Get notified when this item is back in stock.
Compare Similar Items
|Small Pet Type||Rabbit, Guinea Pig, Chinchilla...||Rabbit, Guinea Pig, Chinchilla...||Rabbit, Guinea Pig, Chinchilla...||Chinchilla, Degu, Ferret...||Rabbit, Guinea Pig, Chinchilla...|
|Litter Feature||Eco-Friendly||Eco-Friendly||Eco-Friendly||Odor Control||Odor Control|
|Litter & Bedding Type||Paper||Paper||Paper||Paper||Paper|
About This Item
- Provides all the features small pet lovers care about, to keep your little furball healthy and clean.
- Made from comfyfluff—a natural reclaimed paper fiber that's biodegradable and compostable.
- Proven odor control formula suppresses overpowering ammonia odors for up to ten days.
- Dry bedding is comfortable bedding, which is why carefresh works to be 2X more absorbent than wood shavings.
- High-performance bedding is virtually dust-free so both you and your pet can breathe easy.
When changing bedding types or brands, it is best to mix old and new bedding, changing over the course of 7-10 days.
Pet Lovers Also Bought
- DealCarefresh Small Animal Bedding, White, 50-L$19.99Chewy Price$29.99List Price$18.99Autoship Price
- DealKaytee Clean & Cozy Small Animal Bedding, 85-L$23.99Chewy Price$31.99List Price$22.79Autoship Price
- DealWare Scatterless Lock-N-Litter Small Animal Litter Pan, Regular$12.05Chewy Price$16.99List Price
- Brown's Naturally Fresh! Aspen Small Animal & Bird Bedding, 24-L$9.99Chewy Price$9.49Autoship Price
- Kaytee Natural Small Pet Bamboo Nesting$3.99Chewy Price$3.79Autoship Price
- OleyHemp OH! Small Animal Bedding, 1-lb bag$10.44Chewy Price
- Rabbit Hole Hay Ultra Premium, Food Grade Paper Small Pet Bedding, White, 7.0-cu ft$54.78Chewy Price$61.97List Price$52.04Autoship Price
- Rabbit Hole Hay Ultra Premium, Food Grade Paper Small Pet Bedding, Natural, 6.0-cu ft$56.66Chewy Price$59.97List Price$53.83Autoship Price
- Living World Fresh 'N Comfy Small Animal Bedding, Blue, 20-L$26.91Chewy Price$29.99List Price$25.56Autoship Price
- DealKaytee Clean & Cozy Extreme Odor Control Small Animal Bedding, 65-L$26.99Chewy Price$34.99List Price$25.64Autoship Price
- Small Pet Select Small Pet Aspen Bedding, 16-L bag$17.99Chewy Price$17.09Autoship Price
- DealVitakraft Fresh World Ultra Strength Litter Box & Cages Small Animal Bedding, 16-lit$10.79Chewy Price$15.99List Price$10.25Autoship Price
Questions & Answers
22 Customer Questions
ReviewsWrite a Review
610 Customer Reviews
I have been using this bedding for 8+ years and have never had an issue. I have been seeing the reviews regarding the chemical smell but have yet to experience it myself until I opened a new bag from a new lot number this morning. The smell is horrible and not something I would ever put near my rabbit. This is unfortunate as he will now have to get used to a different bedding after using this kind for many years. Please fix this problem, carefresh.
My daughters and I have been buying this product for years for our two guinea pigs. Over the last few months; however, we've been noticing a horrible, chemical smell in some of the bags of bedding. Tonight, when cleaning the cage and putting in "clean", but smelly bedding, we also noticed bits of blue paper mixed in and a black piece of plastic too! Trash is our piggies bedding!! We no longer feel this brand and this bedding are safe to use for our guinea pigs. We're trying new products now, and I strongly recommend other customers do the same.
I love carefresh. Been using it for a long time. However, the natural sometimes smells awful. I just opened 1 of 4 (or 5) bags from my last autoship and the bedding smells like chemicals. This happened once before and I stopped buying it for a while. Now, I Won’t be buying this again-ever-which is a shame because the white, bleached version is more expensive.
This I prefer
Over time, I settled for this brand. The price is a bit less than some, it is safer for my guinea pig, absorbs urine better and there's less smell than some paper beddings. 4 stars I wish it were softer.
Great product poor packing
For the price this bedding material was much cheaper than even the tractor place or the Marts. However they shoved 3 vales in to one box and sealed (term used loosely) it with one strip of tape. It had to have burst before it left the site and was not holding on to much more than hope by the TE it arrived. My wife got the package and the vapes fell out.
Poor Product Quality Control
I'm not a picky person when it comes to beddings but I found those tissues in the paper bedding for a couple times...this is the biggest one.
We have recently switched to this bedding. It is great. The Guinea pigs and hamster love it. It feels thicker and warmer for them!
Not the best from Carefresh
Big fan of Carefresh and their paper pulp bedding; BUT, this is not good bedding litter...at all. I gave 1 star because it does the minimal basic job, which is absorption of urine. Not well, but some. I have bought other varieties from product line including this one, and I gave it a chance, 3 times. No bueno. No quiero. I will mix the rest I have with the good stuff, and won't buy this one again.
Good product but overpriced
Great at soaking up liquid waste (I use a layer under aspen shavings) but it's price is ridiculous.
I have used this bedding many times before but I was very unhappy with this bedding. It had a really bad smell to it.