Catego Flea & Tick Spot Treatment for Cats, over 1.5 lbs
- FREE access to chat with licensed vets 7 days a week.
- Save 5% on all future Autoship orders.
- No fees, no commitments - cancel Autoship anytime.
Frequently Bought Together
About This Item
- Formulated to kill fleas in 6 hours to give your cat the fast relief she needs.
- Designed to work for a full month to kill fleas, flea eggs, flea larvae, ticks and chewing lice.
- Comes with a patented applicator that’s made to reach your cat’s skin for easy administration.
- This solution is non-greasy and quick to dry for less mess.
- Specifically made for cats and kittens over 1.5 pounds and at least 8 weeks old.
Fleas rise to the top of your pet's coat as they die, so consider it a triumph if you start seeing more fleas at first, after treating your pet. If you’re still seeing fleas after application, it may be because your pet has picked up new fleas from the environment, which may include other pets, surfaces and outdoor areas. It may take up to 30 days to break the entire flea life cycle. Additionally, you should also treat sources of new fleas (i.e., carpet, yard, etc.) to ensure complete flea control.
Pet Lovers Also Bought
- Virbac EFFIPRO Flea & Tick Spot Treatment for Cats, over 1.5 lbs, 3 Doses (3-mos. supply)$36.16Chewy Price$34.35Autoship Price
- Advantage II Flea Spot Treatment for Cats, 5-9 lbs, & Ferrets, 1 Dose (1-mo. supply)$15.98Chewy Price$15.18Autoship Price
- Advantage II Flea Spot Treatment for Cats, over 9 lbs, 2 Doses (2-mos. supply)$22.98Chewy Price$27.98List Price$21.83Autoship Price
- Advantage II Flea Spot Treatment for Cats, 2-5 lbs, 2 Doses (2-mos. supply)$27.98Chewy Price$26.58Autoship Price
- Hartz UltraGuard ProMax Flea & Tick Cat Collar, Purple, 2 count$29.97Chewy Price$28.47Autoship Price
- PetArmor CapAction Flea Tablets for Cats, 6 Tablets$24.99Chewy Price$28.99List Price$23.74Autoship Price
- Capstar Flea Oral Treatment for Cats, 2-25 lbs, 12 Tablets$62.99Chewy Price$59.84Autoship Price
- Frontline Gold Flea & Tick Spot Treatment for Cats, over 1.5 lbs, 6 Doses (6-mos. supply)$86.99Chewy Price$99.99List Price$82.64Autoship Price
- Zodiac Flea & Tick Collar for Cats, 1 Collar (7-mos. supply)$7.79Chewy Price$8.99List Price$7.40Autoship Price
- Frontline Plus Flea & Tick Spot Treatment for Cats, over 1.5 lbs, 8 Doses (8-mos. supply)$88.99Chewy Price$94.99List Price$84.54Autoship Price
- Adams Plus Sensitive Skin Formula Flea & Tick Foaming Cat Shampoo, 10-oz bottle$11.88Chewy Price$16.99List Price$11.29Autoship Price
- Sergeant's Gold Flea & Tick Cat Shampoo, 12-oz bottle$19.53Chewy Price
Compare Similar Items
|Top Ingredients||Dinotefuran, Fipronil and Pyriproxyfen||Fipronil + (s)-Methoprene||Active Ingredients: (S)-Methoprene: 4.05%, Etofenprox: 45.00%.||Active Ingredients: (S)-Methoprene: 4.05%, Etofenprox: 45.00%.||—|
|Lifestage||Adult, Kitten, Senior||Adult||Adult, Kitten, Senior||Adult, Kitten, Senior||Adult|
Questions & Answers
23 Customer Questions
ReviewsWrite a Review
333 Customer Reviews
Worked Well, No Side Effects
So, I don't think my cat had a 'true flea infestation'....but he did have fleas. I had been helping to care for some flea-infested stray cats and unfortunately, brought some fleas with me back home. I noticed them on my cats nose just a few days later....I used capstar immediately and ordered the catego just to be sure we killed everything(!) So I was able to apply it within a few days of seeing the first fleas and likely there were not yet any larvae, etc. My cat is indoor, so honestly I don't usually have him on flea medication. My vet did convince me to put him on Revolution when I first adopted him, but he seemed really uncomfortable (at the back of his neck) for several days and all the hair fell off in the spot where I had applied it. So that was it for Revolution. I was really relieved the catego did not cause any similar side effects and I haven't seen any more fleas. So it does seem to do the job, at least on adult fleas as far as I can tell.
I had to switch flea treatments because I moved states and the brand I had been using didn't work on the flea population here. I really wanted to like this because of the pros, but it just doesn't seem to last long enough for a monthly treatment. Pros: 1) much easier to apply due to the long nozzle 2) although my cats didn't like me applying the meds, they didn't react to it once it was applied (they always tried to lick off other brands I have used) 3) it did kill fleas - after a few hours I found both dead fleas and ones that were obviously impacted by the chemicals Cons: 1) although the treatment killed fleas for a few hours, it didn't last. The next day I only found very tiny fleas, but within a few days, there were egg-laying adults that did not appear impacted by the treatment at all. They may have picked some up from the environment, but a treatment that is supposed to last a month should have killed them. 2) when applying the treatment, it felt like very little medication came out of the tube...I was unsure if I applied all of it or not. 3) the tip does start to leak once you puncture it - since I did this in a different room, I got chemicals on my fingers before I got it on the cats.
Another waste of money
I bought this product after trying zodiac on my indoor kitty with no results at all. I had purchased and used a single dose and my kitty seemed relieved but only for about 3 days. I thought I must've but gotten the medicine on her good enough so I tried again it still didn't with I applied exactly as directed and she was still scratching and biting no dead fleas were on the comb. I am a very low income disabled senior I can't afford these costly over the counter flea meds only to find they don't work. I spent around$30 for this product and now am stuck with two months worth I don't be able to use. I also had to take her to the vet who advised me that these OTC flea products are only half strength of the Rx treatments and that my kitty has now a disease that is caused by fleas cashed bartonella and extensive and costly antibiotic treatments. . I can't return for refund because I off course used one of the three month supply that was in the box. Andi don't have a return label. I'm just disappointed so far at the OTC flea products I have purchased as I was hoping to find a good product that worked for my baby and for my budget. Instead I ended up with two months of catego that will go unused and out this cost of this product 30$ and a large vet bill and Rx. They recommended chewy for the prescription but not to buy this product again.
Catego flea meds
I have used this in the past ordered again. A lot of that stuff is so expensive. It’s good to get something that works and isn’t expensive
Works great...for 2 weeks!
Works great, but only for 2 weeks, so you end up watching them miserably scratch for 2 weeks until you are able to use a different treatment.
This only worked for 2 weeks.
My veterinarian gave me this at his office. It is time to find a new veterinarian! This did not work!
Great for cats
I have been using for my fur babies and I love the price and it does not stink
Catego works great!
I have two cats with different weights so I used to buy two different flea and tick medications but with Catego I only need one. Works great too have not found a single flea or tick.
Catego flea medicine
So far so good. Affordable and minimal side effects based on reviews.
We have 16 cats, so taking them to the vet for flea treatment every month is not possible for us. Our vet actually recently switched to this flea treatment so I googled it & found out you can buy it "otc". We LOVE this product! It doesn't make our cats sick or lethargic AT ALL. Best flea preventative we've ever found!