Onguard Plus Flea & Tick Spot Treatment for Cats, over 1.5 lbsBy Onguard Plus
- FREE access to chat with licensed vets 7 days a week.
- Save 5% on all future Autoship orders.
- No fees, no commitments - cancel Autoship anytime.
About This Item
- Contains the same two active ingredients as the leading national topical flea and tick brand.
- Topical treatment kills all life stages of fleas and ticks on cats at least eight weeks old and 1.5 to 22 pounds. Also helps control infestations of chewing lice.
- Helps break the flea life cycle and rids your cat of flea eggs, larvae, pupae and adults. Also kills tick larvae, nymphs and adults.
- Effective against fleas that cause flea allergy dermatitis as well as brown dog ticks, American dog ticks, lone star ticks and deer ticks that may carry Lyme disease, when used as directed.
- Redesigned applicator makes it easier to apply this long-lasting and waterproof treatment that provides protection even after your cat has a bath or gets their fur wet.
Pet Lovers Also Bought
Compare Similar Items
|Top Ingredients||Active Ingredients: Fipronil 9.8%, (S)-Methoprene 11.8%.||Dinotefuran, Fipronil and Pyriproxyfen||Fipronil + (s)-Methoprene||N/A||Active Ingredients : Fipronil 9.80% , (S)-methoprene 11.80%.|
|Small Pet Type||—||N/A||—||—||N/A|
Questions & Answers
11 Customer Questions
ReviewsWrite a Review
210 Customer Reviews
I have used this product for two years on my outside (feral) cats. It kills the fleas, and if I do see a tick on them they are dead. There is a wooded area behind our home they love to wonder off too. So, occasionally they will have a dead tick on them. It doesn't appear to cause any issues on them as far as irritability, hair loss, etc. I've used other products that cause issues on them. GREAT product especially for the price!!
Not Sure About It
I’m not sure this is actually working because my cats are still scratching a lot. However I haven’t actually seen any fleas on them so they probably just have allergies. I’m kind of in the middle on this. It’s also pretty hard to see fleas on them anyway because they are so dark in color. I’m going to continue to use this and if it really isn’t working I’ll get something else. For now we will just wait and see
Onguard Doesn't work
I have 4 cats. I have been looking for something cheaper to use. Onguard has listed on their box the same percentage and active ingredients as one of the major brand name products. This can't be correct because all 4 of my cats ended up with fleas. Soooo disappointed. I do NOT recommend!!!
Seems to work for fleas but NOT ticks
I havent seen fleas but Ive never seen so many ticks in my life! If you live in a wooded area do not buy for ticks. My cats are bringing me ticks everyday. No fleas and I know they are out there from the neighbors.
Switched to this thinking it was just as good as other brands. Boy was I wrong! After 4 days my cats were covered in fleas!! I’ll never buy this again.
We have been using onguard plus for cats and dogs for over a year now. No fleas and the ticks we find are dead and fall off. I highly recommend it.
Flea's stayed ?
This wasn't cheap. I thought it would work well since my two small cat's rarely get flea's. I was very disappointed with this product. Followed instructions and cats still scratching.
Fleas and Ticks
so far this is working just hasnt been on long enough to really know sure hoping it works as good as it says
would not recommend
I would not recommend this. I put the correct dosage on my cat and within a couple of days he had a tick on him. Always quality over quantity when doing flea and tick.
Don’t buy just drives the fleas crazy
Doesn’t work at all . Fleas got worse. My cat couldn’t rest. Waste of money and time!