What is whisker fatigue?
Whiskers are wonderful things. They can help cats detect changes in the air current, so they can navigate their way through narrow openings and dark spaces. But that also means we can be subject to an affliction known as “whisker fatigue.”
When their whiskers are forced into close contact with the sides of our bowls, it can get extremely painful. And that’s why cats don’t always finish their food. Not necessarily because it’s the wrong food – but because it’s the wrong bowl.
The signs of whisker fatigue:
- Leaving food in the bowl, but is still hungry.
- Pulling food out of the bowl with their mouth or paw to eat off the floor.
- Leaving a mess behind on the floor.
- Only eating form the center of the bowl.
- Acting aggressive toward other animals in the house during mealtime.
- Standing by the bowl before eating for a period of time, pacing around the bowl, or being hesitant to eat, though hungry.
My cat doesn’t have whisker fatigue. Can I still use Dr. Catsby’s bowl?
Dr. Catsby’s bowls are purrrfect for all cats.
My cat is still making a mess with his/her food after trying Dr. Catsby’s. What should I do?
The Dr. Catsby’s bowl is like riding a bike for the first time. At first you may begin on a shaky note, but the more you use it, the more streamlined it becomes. After a few tries, your cat’s meal time should become shipshape and tidy.
Dr. Catsby's bowl works best with premium dry food or soup-like wet foods. Some wet foods that are sticky or clumpy may be better suited for a large flat plate.
What makes this bowl unique?
Designed from a cat’s perspective, these wide but shallow dishes allow us to access our food without pulling back their whiskers. Its clean, simple design is a cinch to wash and will enhance the aesthetic of any home.
- A wide but shallow dish.
- Easy for cats to access their food without pulling back their whiskers to avoid agonizing contact.
- Clean, simple design is a cinch to wash and will fit in a variety of decors.
- Non-slip mat for stability.
- A stainless steel finish protects against wash-proof bacteria.
- Design & Utility Patent Approved.
What type of metal is the bowl made from?
Dr. Catsby’s Bowl is made from #304 food service grade stainless steel. This is the same grade of stainless steel as used in milk pasteurization, beer brewing, cookware, and eating utensils.
Stainless steel is one of the most common materials found in kitchens today. It's used in everything from appliances to cookware, dishware, flatware, and utensils because it is durable, easy to sanitize, and corrosion resistant to various acids found in meats, milk, fruits and vegetables. Most importantly though, stainless steel is a safe option when it comes to use with food and beverage, as there are no chemicals that can migrate into your food from these products.
Is this bowl BPA free?
Yes! We're proud to say that the grade of stainless steel used makes our bowl BPA free.
What types of food can be used in this bowl?
Dr. Catsby's bowl is recommended for use with dry food or wet food!
Some sticky wet foods may take some time for your pet to adjust to the shape.
Can I use the bowl for water too?
While Dr. Catsby’s bowl is designed for food consumption, it works well for water too. The bowl holds 12 ounces (1.5 cups).
Is this bowl for an indoor or outdoor cat?
This bowl is purrrfectly designed for any cat that is lucky enough to get their paws on it.