Sherpa Original Deluxe Airline-Approved Dog & Cat Carrier Bag
Frequently Bought Together
About This Item
- Perfect for traveling in style and comfort by plane, car, for an adventure or just a trip to the vet.
- Patented spring wire frame allows the rear end of the carrier to be pushed down several inches to conform to under seat dimensions.
- Features include mesh windows for ventilation, top and side entry with locking zippers for safety, padded carrying strap with adjustable no-slip shoulder and a machine-washable faux lambskin liner.
- Has a rear pocket for convenient storage and seatbelt strap to help keep your pet safe.
- Approved for use on most airlines and included in an exclusive Guaranteed on Board program: Small is approved for American Airlines, AirTran Airlines, Alaska Airlines, Southwest Airlines, U.S. Airways, United Airlines, Air Canada Airlines and West Jet Airlines. Medium is approved for American Airlines, United Airlines and Air Canada Airlines.
Pet Lovers Also Bought
- Frisco Travel Bag Dog & Cat Carrier, Black, Medium$16.14Chewy Price$20.00List Price
- EliteField Soft-Sided Airline-Approved Dog & Cat Carrier Bag, Pink, 19-in$31.99Chewy Price$49.99List Price
- Sherpa Original Deluxe Airline-Approved Dog & Cat Carrier Bag, Charcoal, Medium$38.30Chewy Price$119.63List Price
- Jespet Soft-Sided Sport Dog & Cat Carrier Bag, Dark Blue, 16-in$26.99Chewy Price$34.99List Price
- Sherpa Original Deluxe Lattice Print Airline-Approved Dog & Cat Carrier Bag, Black, Large$77.09Chewy Price$134.00List Price
- EliteField Deluxe Soft Airline-Approved Dog & Cat Carrier Bag, Purple/Gray, 20-in$42.12Chewy Price$79.99List Price
- Jespet Dog & Cat Carrier Backpack, Smoke Grey, 17-in$49.99Chewy Price$59.99List Price
- EliteField Expandable Soft Airline-Approved Dog & Cat Carrier Bag, Gray, 20-in$62.99Chewy Price$89.99List Price
- Pet Magasin Soft-Sided Airline-Approved Dog & Cat Carrier Bag, Orange$22.71Chewy Price$48.99List Price
- Jespet Soft-Sided Airline-Approved Travel Dog & Cat Carrier, Gray/Red, Small/Medium$26.99Chewy Price$34.99List Price
Compare Similar Items
|Features||Top Load, Shoulder Strap, Seat Belt Loop...||Top Load, Shoulder Strap, Removable Pad...||Shoulder Strap, Seat Belt Loop, Removable Pad...||Shoulder Strap, Removable Pad, Interior Tether...||Shoulder Strap, Removable Pad, Airline-approved, Pockets|
|Material||Polyester, Mesh, Fleece, Synthetic Fabric||Polyester, Mesh, Synthetic Fabric||Polyester, Synthetic Fabric||Polyester, Synthetic Fabric||Polyester, Mesh, Synthetic Fabric|
|Breed Size||Extra Small Breeds, Small Breeds||Extra Small Breeds, Small Breeds||Small Breeds||Small Breeds||Small Breeds|
Questions & Answers
58 Customer Questions
ReviewsWrite a Review
724 Customer Reviews
THE BEST CAT CARRIER ON THE MARKET
I recently adopted a Lilac Point Siamese cat named Hannah. I bought the Sherpa Original Deluxe Cat Carrier Bag to bring her home from her former owner. I chose the large size even though Hannah is small and slender because I wanted her to have plenty of room. The generous mesh sides were a godsend because during the long drive from the former owner’s home in Trenton, NJ to my apartment in Philadelphia, the air conditioning system in my car failed. It was stifling hot in the car, but because of the carrier’s mesh sides, Hannah stayed cool and healthy. Three cheers to the people who made the Sherpa Original Deluxe Cat Carrier! Highly recommended.
Got Our Fierce Feline Safely Across the US!
Very thankful I read reviews ahead of time and went with the Sherpa. My cat is 11 pounds of anxiety and fit into the Medium (def could not have gone any smaller!) which was the biggest accepted on the plane. It didnt exact fit completely under the seat (we flew united), but it was close enough the airline was fine with it/didnt challenge it at all. It breathes well, has a comfortable strap for carrying, and zips very securely- it must be sturdy because my cat tested out the durability halfway through our 5+ hour flight with his claws to no avail (planes are scary!) The sides and zipper held firm. If it survived my cat, I have faith its a solid option for others too! Good luck, traveler!
This is my second travel case, I use it a least 4-5 times weekly, so it gets a lot of use. It's very attractive, practical ,sturdy and easy to maintain. I like the fact that you can either wash or change the bedding. For what it costs, I don't think you will find a better product. I used the first one so often that the zipper started to wear.
I was extremely happy with this carrier. I went with the large as the dog I was transporting was taller in height and it gave him extra room. It also fit under the seat on my SWA flights, and the mesh not only helps with airflow but with the flexibility of the fit.
I have had many cats over the years but this is the first carrier my cat actually likes. He willingly gets in it and settles down tucking his paws. I think it is because he can see out so well plus he likes the fuzzy bottom.
This carrier is just perfect. I got the medium size for my kitty. When I took it out of the box it wasn't warped or bent. The support board in the bottom stays in place with sturdy velcro and the added velcro to hold the sherpa pad is a nice touch. There is no sagging when kitty is in the carrier. I also like that there is a way to secure the carrier in a car with a seat belt holder as well as a strap to put over the headrest. Not all cats are willing to get into their carrier so having a choice between the top or the side entrance makes it easier on the human.
Great carrier - she sleeps in it
My Dippie LOVES this carrier. The sherpa makes her so comfortable so there’s never any complaints while she’s in it. There’s good air flow too! She will climb in there very often just to hang out or even take a nap.
Really nice carrier, especially for the price
I don't use this for airline travel, but I needed a reasonably priced carrier to take my cat to and from vet appointments after my old plastic one broke (and dumped her on the floor, giving her a severe scare). I have no issue with any parts not fitting or operating. I opened the front and put it on the floor and she went straight into the carrier and fell asleep; she seems to actually like it. It feels secure and stable to carry, and the mesh is heavy enough that I'm not worried about her tearing it, which was my only major concern before purchasing. I've very pleased with the carrier overall. (My cat is 8 pounds, but smallish; I got the medium and she has plenty of room.)
Piping broke within weeks
I used this carrier for about a month for my puppy, who was anywhere from 9-14lbs in this time. I like that it has a side pocket to store her treats or sore bags. It’s comfortable and my puppy likes it, BUT the piping at the top already broke through the fabric on both sides. VerY inconvenient and makes carrying it more difficult. I don’t think it will last much longer. Disappointed.
Cassie my cat / and friend
When received my cat carrier I left it sat up in living room hoping Cassie would try it out. It took a couple weeks but she finally warned up to it. Her first visit was to a vet. It went very well. Cassie was confined to her carrier and not jumping around. Next trip will be by plane. I am sure that will be great !!!