Advantage II Flea Spot Treatment for Cats, 5-9 lbs, & Ferrets
- FREE access to chat with licensed vets 7 days a week.
- Save 5% on all future Autoship orders.
- No fees, no commitments - cancel Autoship anytime.
Frequently Bought Together
About This Item
- Veterinarian-recommended treatment kills fleas cats 8 weeks or older and weighing 5-9 pounds.
- Begins working within 12 hours to kill fleas on contact.
- Kills eggs, larvae and adult fleas to break the life-cycle and help prevent re-infestation.
- Waterproof formula continues working for up to four weeks, even after bathing.
- Convenient, monthly topical application contains imidacloprid and pyriproxyfen; available in packs of 2, 4 or 6 treatments.
Fleas rise to the top of your pet's coat as they die, so consider it a triumph if you start seeing more fleas at first, after treating your pet. If you’re still seeing fleas after application, it may be because your pet has picked up new fleas from the environment, which may include other pets, surfaces and outdoor areas. It may take up to 30 days to break the entire flea life cycle. Additionally, you should also treat sources of new fleas (i.e., carpet, yard, etc.) to ensure complete flea control.
Pet Lovers Also Bought
- Advantage II Flea Spot Treatment for Cats, over 9 lbs, 4 Doses (4-mos. supply)$44.98Chewy Price$42.73Autoship Price
- Capstar Flea Oral Treatment for Cats, 2-25 lbs, 12 Tablets$52.18Chewy Price$62.99List Price$49.57Autoship Price
- Frontline Gold Flea & Tick Spot Treatment for Cats, over 1.5 lbs, 3 Doses (3-mos. supply)$54.99Chewy Price$60.99List Price$47.49Autoship Price
- Cheristin Flea Spot Treatment for Cats, over 1.8 lbs, 3 Doses (3-mos. supply)$37.99Chewy Price$36.09Autoship Price
- PetArmor CapAction Flea Tablets for Cats, 6 Tablets$24.99Chewy Price$28.99List Price$23.74Autoship Price
- Advantage II Flea Spot Treatment for Cats, 2-5 lbs, 2 Doses (2-mos. supply)$27.98Chewy Price$26.58Autoship Price
- Frontline Plus Flea & Tick Spot Treatment for Cats, over 1.5 lbs, 12 Doses (12-mos. supply)$125.98Chewy Price$119.68Autoship Price
- Catego Flea & Tick Spot Treatment for Cats, over 1.5 lbs, 6 Doses (6-mos. supply)$64.99Chewy Price$69.99List Price$61.74Autoship Price
- Seresto Flea & Tick Collar for Cats, 2 Collars (16-mos. supply)$113.98Chewy Price$108.28Autoship Price
- Hartz UltraGuard ProMax Flea & Tick Cat Collar, Purple, 2 count$26.97Chewy Price$29.97List Price$25.62Autoship Price
- Advantage XD Large Cat Treatment, 2 count$52.98Chewy Price$50.33Autoship Price
- Zodiac Flea & Tick Collar for Cats, 1 Collar (7-mos. supply)$7.79Chewy Price$8.99List Price$7.40Autoship Price
Compare Similar Items
|Top Ingredients||Active Ingredients: Imidacloprid 9.1%, Pyriproxyfen 0.46%.||Active Ingredients: Imidacloprid 9.1%, Pyriproxyfen 0.46%.||Active Ingredients: Spinetoram 11.2% Other Ingredients: 88.8%||Active Ingredients : Fipronil , (S)-methoprene , Pyriproxyfen.||Fipronil: 9.58%, Pyriproxyfen: 11.65%, Glycol Ether:75 - 85%.|
|Lifestage||Adult||Adult||Adult||Adult, Kitten, Senior||Adult|
|Small Pet Type||Ferret||—||—||—||—|
Questions & Answers
34 Customer Questions
ReviewsWrite a Review
1049 Customer Reviews
doesn't last 30 days
I recently adopted 2 cats from the shelter and found a few fleas on them shortly after they got home. So no major infestation or anything of that sort. There were no other pets in the house prior to them arriving. I treated them both, as soon as their next dose was due. This definitely killed the fleas for the first couple of days, but within a week and a half's time the fleas were back. Treated again 2 weeks later, but same thing happened. My family has used advantage on pets since I was a little kid and I've never seen it have such little effect before.
Company Change - Suspect formula change
Have purchased and used Advantage for cats for years and never had a problem until recently. Product is not working at ALL and I even reapplied after 2 weeks (under vet advice) and still would not kill fleas. There is no infestation in house, proper measures were taken regarding pet bedding, vacuuming etc. Dogs were treated with Advantix for dogs and same problem! I finally noticed that new company owns instead of Bayer and highly suspect a formula change in product. It is frustrating and costly to have a trusted product used for years fail. I have had to go to veterinarian and purchase additional products for both cats and dogs. I will not use this again nor can I recommend.
Did not work
I went back and forth with the manufacturer of advantage II for months about this product. I have used it for years on my indoor pets as a preventative measure, with good results. This box, lot # KV03TJ1 KVO3NEL, did not work despite re-applying after one week. I expected some degree of concern and support from the manufacturer - elanco - but I found them to be judgmental and defensive. Chewy stepped up when I called them to inquire about others who may have reported a problem with this particular brand or lot #. After a visit to the vet, I learned advantage is no longer effective for many pets. I just want to let others know about my current experience with the product and company.
Bye bye fleas
I have tried a lot of different flea meds and advantage has been by far the best one. I applied the flea treatment to my cat around noon today and the fleas are already falling off of her just a few hours later. Thank you sooooo much!!!! My fur babies are my everything!!!
Highly recommend this product. September was a heavy infestation month in my apartment complex. This worked faster and effectively very quickly. Neither cat was stressed from fleas biting for survival and out of anger. It gave them instant relief. I have been combing for a few days and have no fleas on 1 cat and the other they are almost gone. She is fluffier and bigger so they hide easily on her. She takes mort effort than my short hair, but she isn't scratching or itching. Both are back to wanting pets and playing with their toys.
Does almost nothing for flea allergic cat
Ive been using this since the April snow melt to replace comfortis and my cat is just suffering on it. It stops her itching for a week at most. Her skin is awful now because it does nothing to stop the fleas so her allergy is tormenting her. I dont know what else to do with comfortis still out of stock, topicals seem to do nothing for her.
This product worked very well. I was hesitant after the horrific experience with the Hartz collar. There were no ill effects with this product. Thank you for the refund.
My indoor cats somehow got fleas, I'd purchased this brand in the past and never had any issues ... this time was different! It did seem to kill fleas, but days later started seeing fleas again! And I did everything in the house that I was supposed to, washed all the bedsheets and blankets, vacuumed multiple times and always emptied the container outside. I can't believe I wasted my money for a few days relief from fleas
Did not work
This did not work at all. I am very disappointed. We do this for prevention on all of our animals but somehow they got fleas within 10 days.
Great Flea protection
This flea medicine is so good. I have a outside cat that I use it on. I have used other products and it irritated her but this is perfect!