Elanco Dewormer for Tapeworms for Cats, 3 count
Frequently Bought Together
About This Item
- De-wormer tablet for cats helps to safely remove common tapeworms.
- Safe, at-home treatment removes dipylidium caninum and taenia pisiformis tapeworms.
- Tablet form is easy to administer directly in the mouth or crumbled in food.
- Each tablet contains 23mg of the active ingredient praziquantel. No prescription required.
- Safe for cats over six weeks of age.
Pet Lovers Also Bought
- HomeoPet WRM Clear Dewormer for Hookworms, Roundworms, Tapeworms & Whipworms for Cats, 450 drops$14.99Chewy Price$19.99List Price$14.24Autoship Price
- Hartz UltraGuard Rid Worm Dewormer for Roundworms for Cats, 4-oz bottle$7.62Chewy Price$7.24Autoship Price
- Drontal Dewormer for Tapeworms, Roundworms, Hookworms for Cats, 50 tablets$229.99Chewy Price$218.49Autoship Price
- Hartz Medication for Ear Mites for Cats, 3 count$4.22Chewy Price$4.01Autoship Price
- PetArmor Medication for Ear Mites for Cats, 3-oz bottle$4.08Chewy Price$5.49List Price$3.88Autoship Price
- HomeoPet Feline Skin & Itch Cat Supplement, 450 drops$14.99Chewy Price$19.99List Price$14.24Autoship Price
- Sentry HC EARMITE Free Medication for Ear Mites for Cats, 1-oz bottle$5.59Chewy Price$7.99List Price
- Vet Worthy L-Lysine Paw Gel Salmon Flavored Gel Immune Supplement for Cats, 3-oz tube$9.29Chewy Price$8.83Autoship Price
- Liquid-Vet Itch & Allergy Support Chicken Flavor Cat Supplement, 8-oz bottle$12.59Chewy Price$11.96Autoship Price
- NOW Pets L-Lysine Immune System Support Cat Supplement, 8-oz jar$10.86Chewy Price$15.99List Price$10.32Autoship Price
- Feliway Classic Calming Diffuser Refill for Cats, 30 day, 3 count$64.99Chewy Price$61.74Autoship Price
Compare Similar Items
|Top Ingredients||Praziquantel.||Arsenicum Album, Chenopodium Anthelminticum, Cucurbita Pepo...||Aconitum Napellus 200c, Apis Mellifica 6c, Argentum Nitricum 30c...||Veratrum Album, Argentum Nitricum, Colocynthis...||Proprietary Blend Of Organic And Wild Crafted Herbs. Turkey Flavored Capsules And Powder....|
|Health Feature||Anti-Parasitic||Anti-Parasitic||Urinary Tract Health||Digestive Health||Hip & Joint Support, Kidney Care, Urinary Tract Health|
|Lifestage||Adult||Adult||Adult, Senior, Kitten||Adult, Senior, Kitten||Adult|
|Food Flavor||—||—||—||—||Turkey, Poultry|
Questions & Answers
23 Customer Questions
ReviewsWrite a Review
1093 Customer Reviews
Pills Could Be Smaller
This is my first time dealing with fleas with my cat. He's 7 years old and has taken well to me giving him his capstar treatment pill. THIS dewormer caused all hell to break loose. He's a large cat, so I had to give him 1.5 pills. The first half pill caused him a lot of discomfort, so I broke the other into quarters. My arms and hands are torn apart from the fight of having to make him take 4 other pill segments he wouldn't gag on! I didn't grind it down to put in his food because I know he wouldn't fall for it. I think I may go another route for dewormer going forward.
Tapeworm Medicine Works Fine
I administered this to my cat, crushed up in her food, as I can honestly say that I've never given her a pill and knew I'd have a problem. It worked fine, but I really wasn't keen on having to give a second application. And you get 3 pills in the bottle, so if you have two cats, you'll have one left over for another dose but will have to buy another box to treat the second cat.
Dewormer for cats
We had a flea infestation when we first moved into our apartment because the outside (which our dog HAD to use) was infested and we weren't aware of it until we started seeing fleas on our dog and cats. The fleas carry whatever it is that causes Tapeworms! On the recommendation of a friend, who runs a rescue organization, I purchased this product! It really worked. Now, I keep a full box/bottle on hand all the time!
FOR TAPEWORMS, not an all-around dewormer
I did not read and bought this product thinking it would fully deworm my cats. They all had roundworms and were not benefited by this product - so I cannot speak to its effectiveness. However, I will say it was pretty difficult to give this to my cats - and some tried to fight me on the pill. If your vet could provide you with another option, I would take that instead.
We used this at the vet's office I used to work at and I was thrilled to find it without a prescription. I needed it for a stray cat that I could not get to the vet. I love that I could crush a pill to mix into his food. He ate it all up and I haven't seen any tapeworms since. (I'm still going to retreat as recommended to be safe though)
I have had great success with this product to eliminate tapeworms with a single dose. I always keep these on hand and administer to all of my rescue cats since it seems that tapeworms do not always appear in a fecal exam.
tough to cut in half
Since 2 if my cats require 1.5 tables for full dosage, you would think when the pill is cut in half, it wouldn't break into small pieces making it impossible to give to a cat. I tried putting the ground up half in much loved yogurt, but the bitter taste caused them to not eat the yogurt either. So waste of money for me because I'm sure just 1 tablet isn't going to work on my big guys!
Forget the pill pockets!
All the people recommending pill pockets seem to forget that your pet has to LIKE the pill pocket too. Which is another gamble you are making. So forget those recommendations and just dissolve this pill in some hot water, and add it to a VERY SMELLY dish that your cat loves. Tuna or sardines are a good option. One pill is all you need to fix the problem. Also, liquid is very palatable to most cats, so use it to your advantage as a type of gravy that is medicated. Chicken or beef broth works too.
Worked great first use
Apparently my cat got these worms from chewing fleas I'm struggling to find a product that will control as all the topical flea medicines no longer work. This product worked perfectly first dose and there's still another dose remaining if there's a repeat before I manage the issue.
I gave my cat 1 tablet and have seen no signs of worms since. Great to have on hand for indoor/outdoor cats that catch mice and other critters.