Hill's Prescription Diet Hypo Crunchy Dog Treats, 12-oz bag
- FREE access to chat with licensed vets 7 days a week.
- Save 5% on all future Autoship orders.
- No fees, no commitments - cancel Autoship anytime.
Get notified when this item is back in stock.
Compare Similar Items
|Top Ingredients||Corn Starch, Hydrolyzed Chicken Liver, Powdered Cellulose...||Wheat Flour, Whole Grain Wheat, Chicken Meal...||Whole Grain Corn, Whole Grain Wheat, Soybean Mill Run...||Wheat Flour, Powdered Cellulose, Chicken By-Product Meal...|
|Breed Size||Small Breeds, Medium Breeds, Large Breeds...||Small Breeds, Medium Breeds, Large Breeds...||Small Breeds, Medium Breeds, Large Breeds...||Small Breeds, Medium Breeds, Large Breeds...|
|Special Diet||Veterinary Diet, Sensitive Digestion, Hydrolyzed Protein||Veterinary Diet, Weight Control, High Fiber||Veterinary Diet, Sensitive Digestion||Veterinary Diet, Weight Control, High Fiber, Low Fat|
|Food Flavor||Chicken, Poultry||Chicken, Poultry||Chicken, Poultry||Chicken, Poultry|
|Health Feature||Skin & Coat Health||Urinary Tract Health, Weight Management||Urinary Tract Health||Weight Management|
About This Item
- Allows dogs suffering from skin conditions and food sensitivities to enjoy a delicious crunchy treat.
- Hydrolyzed chicken liver protein helps alleviate adverse reactions to food; omega-3 and 6 fatty acids, including EPA, help nourish the skin and coat.
- Added vitamins, minerals and antioxidants help further support healthy skin barrier function.
- Made in the USA and developed especially for adult dogs enjoying a z/d, d/d, i/d or Derm Defense prescription diet.
- Crunchy biscuits help maintain good dental hygiene between brushings by scraping plaque and tartar from his teeth as he chews.
Pet Lovers Also Bought
- Hill's Prescription Diet Original Crunchy Dog Treats, 11-oz bag$9.49Chewy Price$9.02Autoship Price
- Purina Pro Plan Veterinary Diets Lite Snackers Crunchy Dog Treats, 24-oz bag$10.99Chewy Price$10.44Autoship Price
- Hill's Prescription Diet Metabolic Crunchy Dog Treats, 12-oz bag$11.99Chewy Price$11.39Autoship Price
- Purina Pro Plan Veterinary Diets Digestive Health Bites Soft & Chewy Dog Treats, 16-oz bag$12.99Chewy Price$12.34Autoship Price
- Purina Pro Plan Veterinary Diets Dental Chewz Dental Chew Dog Treats, 5-oz box$10.49Chewy Price$9.97Autoship Price
Questions & Answers
28 Customer Questions
ReviewsWrite a Review
948 Customer Reviews
She loves them!!!
I was afraid they would be bigger than they are but they are prefect!! Tiara loves them!! In December I thought I was going to lose her! She went from 11 lbs to 5 lb which is a lot for a chihuahua. They said she had a protein problem not being able to digest protein and put her on this food in February but there were many nights I laid awake watching her so afraid of losing her. Now, she’s back to being the happy spirited baby I’ve always had!! Thank you for continuing to make these treats Hill’s Science!!! Thank you Chewy for selling them and keeping my baby happy and healthy!!!
Makes a mess but my dog likes them.
One of my dogs has environmental and food allergies so he gets to eat the expensive RX only dog food and treats. My dog eats the treats so they must taste good but I will say they are very messy. They appear to crumble as soon as he bites down, resulting in a mess of crumbs on the floor. In general, we prefer chewy treats that are softer and easier for dogs with less teeth to eat.
Good when baked properly.
I’ve thrown away MANY of these treats because they are ROCK hard. They need better quality control. When made appropriately and soft enough to easily break, my dog is happy enough with them. Can’t find any other hypo treats anywhere. Super annoying they keep going out of stock.
Not fresh or stored improperly
The treats were very dry and looked like they had gotten wet or were not stored properly. They made my dog have an upset stomach. I had some that I had gotten from my vet and they were smaller and fresh and crunchy. These looked totally different in a bad way.
Almost, please make it smaller
The ingredients are less than to be desired but the nutritional analysis is just right for my little fur baby. It is unfortunate that the treat itself is so big. Only one large treat per day for my sweetie and that means I am required to break the bone into pieces. This is a painstaking process and less to be desired. I recently discovered another brand that is a smaller size so I'm going to give that a try. I think it was Purina. *Tried to add a photo but the website malfunctioned. Photo showed the small broken pieces that took me over an hour to break apart and a container of the messy powered after math.
Thank goodness for a hydrolyzed treat with relatively low fat!
My little scotty girl Piccalina recently suffered a flare of pancreatitis that also caused IBD and high liver values. After an ER visit, internal med visit and a nutritional consult she was feeling absolutely saddened when her fur siblings could still have their bedtime snack but nothing for her! Fortunately the nutritionist was able to recommend this product and she eagerly waits for her snack and love them!
Did the recipe change?
I just opened a fresh bag this morning I just got from yall in the last month or so and they are much lighter in color? Then I gave it to my puppy and he didn't want to take it, then left it on the rug for a while before he ate half and left half behind. it's all very unlike him...he LOVED the Hills treats from like 2 mobths ago yesterday!??
product has changed
The last order is totally different! I used to be able to break them with my hands. Now I have to cut into pieces with a knife. My yorkie is older and so I break them up for her. Not happy!!!!!!
Too hard to chew
Three dogs like the taste. But the treats are so hard that neither small nor larger dogs can chew them. All three walked away. But when, with a lot of elbow grease, these were smashed into tiny bits, then they ate them. Too much trouble. A shame, since my dogs have digestive problems and these would have been perfect if the dogs could chew them.
Finally a treat my Dog will eat!
My dog is on a RX hydrolyzed protein diet and cannot eat all the available treats that other dogs can. He does not like Royal Canin's RX hydrolyzed treats and I won't feed him the RX Purina hydrolyzed treats because they use the preservative TBHQ instead of mixed tocopherols. I hope he continues to like them. He is a finicky eater