PetSafe Aluminum Extreme Weather Dog & Cat Door
Frequently Bought Together
About This Item
- The 3-flap system delivers maximum energy efficiency that’s 3.5 times more efficient than single-flap system.
- Designed with a center insulated flap that helps keep warm air inside your home during the colder months and cool air inside during the warmer months. The flap color may vary between yellow or grey depending on when you purchase the door.
- Features a snap-on closing panel, so you can restrict your pet from using the door whenever you wish.
- The plastic frame can be painted to match any door!
- Comes with instructions, a cutting template and all the hardware needed for installation.
Pet Lovers Also Bought
- PetSafe White Wall Entry Plastic Pet Door, Large$139.95Chewy Price$144.99List Price
- Ideal Pet Products Air Seal Dog Door, White, X-Large$68.86Chewy Price$83.86List Price
- Ideal Pet Products Wall Entry Dual Flap Dog Door, White, Medium$140.00Chewy Price
- Ideal Pet Products Pet Door Replacement Flap, X-Large$25.99Chewy Price
- PetSafe Plastic Door, X-Large$79.95Chewy Price$84.99List Price
- Autoslide Elite Dog Door with K9 Tag, Black$990.00Chewy Price$1,100.00List Price
- High Tech Pet Products PX-2 Power Pet Fully Automatic Pet Door$449.99Chewy Price$539.99List Price
- Dog Mate Dog Door, Large$59.91Chewy Price$109.96List Price
- High Tech Pet Products PX-1 Power Pet Fully Automatic Pet Door$399.99Chewy Price$479.99List Price
- Endura Flap Double Flap Wall Mount Dog & Cat Door, Large, White$549.99Chewy Price$560.00List Price
- Ideal Pet Products Aluminum Modular Pet Patio Doors, White, Medium$139.68Chewy Price$186.03List Price
Compare Similar Items
|Material||Aluminum, Plastic, Metal||Aluminum, Plastic, Metal||Aluminum, Plastic, Metal||Plastic||Plastic, Vinyl / PVC|
|Breed Size||Large Breeds||Giant Breeds||Small Breeds||Medium Breeds, Large Breeds||Large Breeds|
|Features||Insulated, Locking||Locking||Insulated, Locking||Insulated, Locking||Insulated, Locking|
Questions & Answers
8 Customer Questions
ReviewsWrite a Review
15 Customer Reviews
Keeps the heat outside
Easy to install. Cannot feel the heat of summer come through the door at all. 3 big dogs in and out of it all day for a week with zero issues.
My dogs love it
I replaced both of my pets' doors, after my one golden retriever tore the flap on the smaller size (identical types) pet doors. The price of replacing flaps vs just going to the large size was a no brainer. Now my dogs can pass through without pulling on the flaps. As for letting the cold through, even with sub-zero temps no cold air was detected. My dogs and I love both the standard and the extreme doors!!!
Ez install... butttt
After installing (door removed made it easier) I wanted to remove the inner middle flap, upon removing it I noticed that the little PLASTIC bar that the screws screw into was broken, I called chewy and they said I could send it back, thinking she meant just the broken piece I said great, what she really meant was send the whole door.. not happening... That would leave a large hole in an exterior door while waiting for a replacement, she then told me a new flap replacement was (I believe she said) $57. I told her no this was brand new and I didn't need the flaps just the PLASTIC bar, she was helpful and friendly but still did not solve my issue
heavy duty door
although installation was more difficult than expected, the doggie door looks like it will hold up. would recommend putting in more screws than supplied to secure the door...
I wouldn't buy again
I have several issues with this door, one the quality of flaps/screws. The flaps are regularly falling out of alignment and it's a pain to have to regularly adjust; especially since my dog doesn't use the door much so it's not from wear and tear. The size is another issue. I have a large breed dog and ordered the largest door I could get which is recommended for the breed of dog I have. Well it's already going to be to small and my dog is average size for his breed. Really disappointed that I spent so much on a product meant to last my dog's lifetime, but won't even make it through puppy hood. I recommend something else.
I had the PetSafe Freedom single flap doggy door for about 6 years. I would replace the flaps relatively often and eventually decided to go all in and upgrade the entire frame. This was a perfect upgrade because the size was the same therefore little to no carpentry skills were needed. It’s nice having the double flap in case one gets stuck or doesn’t seal. I have a feeling this will help lower my electric bill too.
Buy something else
You would think that with a name like Extreme Weather and that we purchased an extra-large, that this would hold up pretty well--not the case. I personally don't feel as if we live in an "extreme" weather area (outside of Philadelphia), so I was surprised when the flaps started curling within months of installation. The door is so poorly designed that the screws holding the flaps fall out constantly. It's a dog door, which means it should be able to withstand dogs going in and out and not fall apart. Unfortunately I'm stuck with this sub-standard door because it was installed directly into my exterior door and apparently I have to pay over $100/year to replace the flaps.
Dog Door - Review
I have a Pet Safe dog door and was upgrading to this extreme weather version. The door came in the mail with only one side of the metal frame with holes drilled into it. Guess the manufactor over looked the need for holes on the left side of the frame.... Not impressed with the quality given the high price point.
The perfect door for a large or tall dog. Overall I am very pleased. However the door came with hardware for the smaller door so we were short the specialized screws. The template was not quite right so we made adjustments. It looks great. Otherwise I would give the door a 5 star.
PetSafe Dog Door
I'm so pleased with my purchase of Pet Safe Extreme Weather Dog Door. This door is so much better keeping the outside hot/cold air from entering my insulated air conditioned garage than the regular one I had for the past few years. When I need to replace the door from my kitchen into the garage I will difinitely get this one again. Worth the price paid!!!