Hyper Pet IQ Calm Slow Feeder Cat & Dog Treat Mat
Frequently Bought Together
About This Item
- Helps reduce anxiety, stress, and boredom, and is a fun way to reward your pooch for good behavior!
- Made in the USA from non-toxic, FDA grade TPE. Make sure to supervise your pet during mat use.
- Promotes fresh breath and dental hygiene, helps aid digestion and lessen bloating, and supports portion control.
- “Calm” design promotes a lot of licking, which is specifically beneficial to help soothe anxiety. Also available in “reward” (sold separately).
- This 8" x 8" mat is freezer friendly, microwave safe, top rack dishwasher safe.
Pet Lovers Also Bought
- Hyper Pet IQ Banquet Dog & Cat Lick Mat, Blue/Gray$10.95Chewy Price
- Frisco Fish Shaped Ridges Slow Feed Bowl, Light Blue, 1.25 cups, 1 count$4.97Chewy Price$6.53List Price
- DealFrisco Melamine Slow Feed Dog & Cat Bowl with Gold Trim, Cream, 1.5 Cups$5.50Chewy Price$9.55List Price
- Pet Dream House PAW Non-Skid Plastic 2-in-1 Slow Feeder Dog Bowl, Green$15.38Chewy Price$19.99List Price
- Outward Hound Non-Skid Plastic Slow Feeder Wave Dog Bowl, Pink, 0.75-cup$8.44Chewy Price$10.99List Price
- Outward Hound Non-Skid Plastic Slow Feeder Dog Bowl, Mint, 0.75-cup$8.45Chewy Price$10.99List Price
- Pet Dream House PAW Non-Skid Plastic Slow Feeder Dog Bowl, Blue$14.99Chewy Price
- Pet Parents Forager Snuffle Mat & Slow Feeder Dog Bowl, Grey/Blue$20.99Chewy Price
- Outward Hound Fun Feeder Slow Feeder Dog Bowl, Blue, 4-cup$19.50Chewy Price$21.99List Price
Compare Similar Items
|Bowl & Storage Feature||Dishwasher-Safe, Microwavable, Portion Control||Non-Skid, Dishwasher-Safe, BPA-Free...||Non-Skid, Dishwasher-Safe, Portion Control||BPA-Free, Lead-Free, Portion Control||Non-Skid, Dishwasher-Safe, BPA-Free...|
|Breed Size||Small Breeds, Medium Breeds, Large Breeds||Large Breeds||Large Breeds||Large Breeds, Giant Breeds||Large Breeds|
|Lifestage||Adult, Puppy||Adult||Adult||Adult||Adult, Puppy|
|Capacity (Max)||—||4-cup||4-cup||4-cups; 32-oz||4-cup|
|Tools Included||—||—||No Tools Required||—||—|
Questions & Answers
7 Customer Questions
ReviewsWrite a Review
65 Customer Reviews
It really works!
My younger cat can clear his bowl of food and shove the older cat out of her bowl to eat hers in under two minutes. He would also sometimes eat so fast that he'd regurgitate his meal shortly after eating. This mat works like a charm! It has slowed him down to a reasonable rate, and he's engaged enough that he doesn't pester his sister until all his own food is gone. It's very easy to clean - just a quick spray of water after meals, and it holds up well in the top rack of the dishwasher. It's great to have a solution for a cat on a wet food diet!
Absolutely great purchase!
Bought these two mats because I have a 16 week old kitten with crazy food aggression and scarfs food so quickly that if he finishes first, he’ll go steal from my other older kitten. Thought I’d use these mats occasionally just to see how he (and my other cat) would react. It’s been 3 days and I’ve reached for these every single mealtime. These brought down his food aggression so well. He went from continuously growling while eating and finishing in under a minute to having a small growl as the mat hits the floor, then calmly licking it for another 10 minutes. He’s so calm now, he and my other cat share the mat with no issues whatsoever. He even gets full and walks away while my other cat finishes since she’s much more slow and methodical. This would have been unthinkable a few days ago, and I can’t thank these mats enough! The amount of space to sink the food into is a little bit different with each mat since they have different patterns. I recommend a pâté-style wet food with the green mat and with any shredded or more chunky food, like with chicken, the orange one. They are super easy to clean. I literally rinse one after breakfast, put it to dry, put the second out for lunch, then the first one is clean and ready for dinner. I bought another similar slow feeder, but I keep reaching for these because they slow the cats down the most and are easier to clean!
Great for Senior Cat
Our oldest cat is 12, and she is missing a lot of teeth. She also has a problem with over-grooming now that she’s less active, and this has helped her eat more comfortably and get her daily Lick-athon in. The only inconvenience is that it should be washed every single time you use it. Food builds up in the divots and gets very gross. I would recommend getting two (or more) so one can be washed while one is being used.
Watch Your Pat!
This product keeps my dog happy and calm for quite a while. I quickly found that as soon as she was done licking she began chewing on the lick pad. The pad is easy to chew and breaks up. I will only give this to her when I am around to watch her and remove it when she finishes.
So great for busy puppies!
We have a golden puppy and he is so busy! Using these mats for pumpkin and peanut butter when we need to get him calm and ready for a nap or training has been so effective! The best part is that they aren't flimsy and they wash beautifully in the dishwasher. I am buying a second set!
slows them down
One of my cats is VERY food motivated and will gobble her meals and cry when it's gone. This mat does a good job of slowing her down and giving her stomach a chance to realize it's been fed. We feed canned food exclusively -- I don't think the indents are deep enough to work with kibble. They're a pain to clean compared to a bowl, but fortunately they'll survive a round through the dishwasher. I wish it came in different colors. The orange and green don't match anything in our home so we hide them away outside of mealtime.
Bella & Bailey's Mom
First off they LOVE their mats. I use it to keep them ( 2 labradoodles) still while I blow dry them after swimming. It works great. I recommend this product and will be buying more. Good for frozen treats also in the summer.
I had high hopes for these, but the food gets stuck in them and my cats gave up. I wish I could return them.
Good for freezing.
Good product. I smear wet food, peanut butter, fruit or any number of things on these and put it in the freezer as a treat for my dogs and it keeps them busy longer.
Perfect for my boy!
My pup, Louie, loves this mat. I spread some fat free greek plain yogurt on it and put it in the freezer in the morning. When Louie is due for a treat, I give him the frozen mat, and he licks away. It gives him about 10-15 minutes of "work." I do not fill each square completely as I am watching his weight. He eats this on a rug. It stays in place as he works it.