Tri-Otic ointment is a prescription medication used to treat acute and chronic external ear infections, caused by bacteria and yeast. It also reduces inflammation, pain and itching, while it reduces ear wax production. This safe, effective formula comes as an ointment to be placed easily in the ears.
Tri-Otic is used to treat ear infections caused by bacteria and yeast. It also reduces inflammation, pain and itching, plus it reduces ear wax production.
Possible Side Effects
Please contact your veterinarian immediately if you notice any of the following reactions: loss of hearing or balance, increase in the amount of drinking and urinating, facial swelling, hives, scratching, a sudden onset of diarrhea, vomiting, shock, seizures, pale gums, cold limbs or coma. Less common side effects are increased appetite and weight gain, panting, diarrhea, vomiting and behavior changes. If given at high doses or for extended periods, may cause delayed wound healing and immunosuppression resulting in an increased risk of bacterial or fungal infections. Other side effects are possible.
Drug & Food Interactions
Notify your veterinarian of any other medications, including vitamins and supplements, your pet is taking before using this medication. Make sure your pet does not ingest the medication. If ingested at high doses or for extended periods, it can cause premature birth especially toward the end of pregnancy. It may also cause birth defects in some animals. Other drug interactions may occur.
Do not use in pets who are allergic to any of the ingredients, have a perforated eardrum or require hearing to perform their work, as there may be hearing or vestibular (balance) impairment.
See all items by Tri-Otic