The Purpose of Lil’ Paws, Big Hearts Chihuahua Rescue is to:
• To rescue chihuahuas and chihuahua mixes from situations that are abusive, endangering or neglectful.
• To rescue chihuahuas and chihuahua in danger of being euthanized at area shelters/pounds.
• To assist owners willing to surrender their dogs, by finding new homes for their dogs through the Corporation’s Owner Surrender Program, as an alternate to placing their dog in a public shelter or animal control facility.
• To provide homes for these animals.
• To place rescued animals into forever homes.
• To educate and promote the importance of spaying/neutering companion animals.
• To educate the public on how to help prevent animal cruelty.